Old 09 August 2005, 08:33   #61

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
.. I think just for the fun of it will come down from Nieuwport and do a few turns across their bows...
why would you want to do that? What's the problem with people wanting to enjoy themselves on a rally?

Old 23 August 2005, 14:07   #62

Town: London
Boat name: Spectre of Defeat II
Make: Halmatic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 80hp merc
MMSI: N/A
Enjoyment!

Tim,

I quite agree. Clearly another example of the unconstructive bitterness of people who frequent this site.

I have made the PLA and the Police aware of his intentions and they will be ready to pick him up as soon as he launches onto the River. I have already initiated proceedings against this individual intent on disrupting the event and this will show the authorities that we are taking the safety of competitors extremely seriously.

I trust John Kennet will also be taking a stand against these juvenile delinquants who make his discussion forums resemble the insides of a school toilet.

Old 23 August 2005, 14:32   #63

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Ooohh, now you have to be a solicitor I think to get quite that degree of pomposity into a rib.net post!
Old 23 August 2005, 15:32   #64

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Everlong
Make: Botnia Targa 27
Engine: Volvo KAD44
solicitor?

are you sure you're a legal man Spectre - could have sworn I saw you in a Royal Navy Commander's uniform during Cowes Week- Island Sailing Club if my beer goggles serve me correctly....

Any chance of a response to my post in the Gumball sponsorship thread too? Just been accepted for the 06 Gumball so will be interesting to get their feedback on your rally....
Old 23 August 2005, 15:34   #65

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Eyewash

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre racing
Tim,

I trust John Kennet will also be taking a stand against these juvenile delinquants who make his discussion forums resemble the insides of a school toilet.
I think in general this forum would be better off without you!

Your not here for the benefit of Ribnet but purely to promote your own agenda and expensive rally! Could you point out one area where you have made a contribution to the general flow of Ribnet.

The problem is we as a community regard your event as being overpriced and and not in general a good thing to do. Therefore you are gonna get the piss ripped out of you! We are not bitter towards you we just think you are full of Bull, ( I may be speaking purely personally here)

Regarding the arresting of Eupa, who I am sure was joking, do you know what his boat looks like or are the old bill gonna be arresting everybody on the slipway!

As I have said before it is your venture and good luck to you but do not come here chucking your weight around

Save the Bullshit for those with no life experience eh!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2005, 15:37   #66

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702

without prejuduce

I do not think that these comments directed againbst Mr. Kennet are justified.
I do not know who this Rupert Bonham Carter is , and as I only joined Rib Net last August do not have the historic knowledge of why Mr. Kennet seems to be very antagonistic towards this gentlemen. I can only assume that something must have happened that upset quite a few people...?
Rib Net is a fine web site and a lot of people - myself included ,literally take the piss out out of a lot of stuck up "cons" who have a very high opinion of themselves.
I notice that you have no inhibitions of using Mr. Kennet's site to publicise your rally- and for the record - if I may point out your ignorance, Nieuwport happens to be in Belgium and has very little to do with the River Thames. If you need to know the Lat, and Long. references - can oblige.

JONATHAN

rally
Old 23 August 2005, 16:11   #67

Town: London
Boat name: Spectre of Defeat II
Make: Halmatic
Engine: 80hp merc
MMSI: N/A
Interest only in participation

I have nothing to do with the organisation of the rally. I think its a great idea and worth supporting. Also I do not think it is at all expensive if you look into exactly what is being laid on.

I may have made some mistakes in the past but I have paid my debt to society and am serving my conditional discharge. I am now a reformed character.

However threats to disrupt any event must be taken seriously and it is posts like those which do not contribute anything positive to rib.net

Anyway delighted to read that donutsina is accepted for the Gumball 3000 2006. I am starting to think that being an ex. forces man you should be getting involved with this one.

All the best!
Old 23 August 2005, 17:57   #68

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
I really do scratch my head wondering why there is so much venom and what appears to be bitterness against people organising a boating adventure.
Sure it's not a charity and the price may appear quite high to some people. But so what, if someone wants to pay and take part, good luck to them.
It must be a good thing to promote power boating in general, especially starting in the middle of London where spectators can have a lot of fun just watching it.
Do I detect an element of jealousy as the event is linked with the "high life", along with parties at exclusive London clubs. Perhaps this is so if some negative contributors to this thread consider a great night out to be a meal at a Harvester in Portsmouth.
Old 23 August 2005, 18:30   #69

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw
IDo I detect an element of jealousy as the event is linked with the "high life", along with parties at exclusive London clubs. Perhaps this is so if some negative contributors to this thread consider a great night out to be a meal at a Harvester in Portsmouth.
Having worked in the Rock and Roll industry for 18 years and truly been to many exclusive no expense spared no holds barred parties I am not in the teeny weeniest bit jealous of a bunch of people going to a Night club exclusive or not!.

Good luck with your Rally go and have a good time then you can bore us with the Pics eh!

In the meantime just accept that the pitch aint working here that well
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2005, 03:34   #70

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Ooohh, now you have to be a solicitor I think to get quite that degree of pomposity into a rib.net post!
Don't you believe that....... have you seen some of MY posts?

I declare that I have no connection with the legal fraternity apart from regularly being in Court..and not all as a defendant…. One Circuit Judge said, upon hearing my blustering in Court, “Son, You should have been a Solicitor”.. to which I replied.. “Sir, my sister is a barrister…and that’s enough shame for any one family to carry”…. I lost my case…