Old 09 August 2005, 12:33   #61

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
.. I think just for the fun of it will come down from Nieuwport and do a few turns across their bows...
why would you want to do that? What's the problem with people wanting to enjoy themselves on a rally?
Old 23 August 2005, 18:07   #62

Town: London
Boat name: Spectre of Defeat II
Make: Halmatic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 80hp merc
MMSI: N/A
Enjoyment!

Tim,

I quite agree. Clearly another example of the unconstructive bitterness of people who frequent this site.

I have made the PLA and the Police aware of his intentions and they will be ready to pick him up as soon as he launches onto the River. I have already initiated proceedings against this individual intent on disrupting the event and this will show the authorities that we are taking the safety of competitors extremely seriously.

I trust John Kennet will also be taking a stand against these juvenile delinquants who make his discussion forums resemble the insides of a school toilet.
Old 23 August 2005, 18:32   #63

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Ooohh, now you have to be a solicitor I think to get quite that degree of pomposity into a rib.net post!
Old 23 August 2005, 19:32   #64

Town: Hampshire
Boat name: Everlong
Make: Botnia Targa 27
Engine: Volvo KAD44
solicitor?

are you sure you're a legal man Spectre - could have sworn I saw you in a Royal Navy Commander's uniform during Cowes Week- Island Sailing Club if my beer goggles serve me correctly....

Any chance of a response to my post in the Gumball sponsorship thread too? Just been accepted for the 06 Gumball so will be interesting to get their feedback on your rally....
Old 23 August 2005, 19:34   #65

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Eyewash

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre racing
Tim,

I trust John Kennet will also be taking a stand against these juvenile delinquants who make his discussion forums resemble the insides of a school toilet.
I think in general this forum would be better off without you!

Your not here for the benefit of Ribnet but purely to promote your own agenda and expensive rally! Could you point out one area where you have made a contribution to the general flow of Ribnet.

The problem is we as a community regard your event as being overpriced and and not in general a good thing to do. Therefore you are gonna get the piss ripped out of you! We are not bitter towards you we just think you are full of Bull, ( I may be speaking purely personally here)

Regarding the arresting of Eupa, who I am sure was joking, do you know what his boat looks like or are the old bill gonna be arresting everybody on the slipway!

As I have said before it is your venture and good luck to you but do not come here chucking your weight around

Save the Bullshit for those with no life experience eh!
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 August 2005, 19:37   #66

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702

without prejuduce

I do not think that these comments directed againbst Mr. Kennet are justified.
I do not know who this Rupert Bonham Carter is , and as I only joined Rib Net last August do not have the historic knowledge of why Mr. Kennet seems to be very antagonistic towards this gentlemen. I can only assume that something must have happened that upset quite a few people...?
Rib Net is a fine web site and a lot of people - myself included ,literally take the piss out out of a lot of stuck up "cons" who have a very high opinion of themselves.
I notice that you have no inhibitions of using Mr. Kennet's site to publicise your rally- and for the record - if I may point out your ignorance, Nieuwport happens to be in Belgium and has very little to do with the River Thames. If you need to know the Lat, and Long. references - can oblige.

JONATHAN

rally
Old 23 August 2005, 20:11   #67

Interest only in participation

I have nothing to do with the organisation of the rally. I think its a great idea and worth supporting. Also I do not think it is at all expensive if you look into exactly what is being laid on.

I may have made some mistakes in the past but I have paid my debt to society and am serving my conditional discharge. I am now a reformed character.

However threats to disrupt any event must be taken seriously and it is posts like those which do not contribute anything positive to rib.net

Anyway delighted to read that donutsina is accepted for the Gumball 3000 2006. I am starting to think that being an ex. forces man you should be getting involved with this one.

All the best!
Old 23 August 2005, 21:57   #68

I really do scratch my head wondering why there is so much venom and what appears to be bitterness against people organising a boating adventure.
Sure it's not a charity and the price may appear quite high to some people. But so what, if someone wants to pay and take part, good luck to them.
It must be a good thing to promote power boating in general, especially starting in the middle of London where spectators can have a lot of fun just watching it.
Do I detect an element of jealousy as the event is linked with the "high life", along with parties at exclusive London clubs. Perhaps this is so if some negative contributors to this thread consider a great night out to be a meal at a Harvester in Portsmouth.
Old 23 August 2005, 22:30   #69

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by timw
IDo I detect an element of jealousy as the event is linked with the "high life", along with parties at exclusive London clubs. Perhaps this is so if some negative contributors to this thread consider a great night out to be a meal at a Harvester in Portsmouth.
Having worked in the Rock and Roll industry for 18 years and truly been to many exclusive no expense spared no holds barred parties I am not in the teeny weeniest bit jealous of a bunch of people going to a Night club exclusive or not!.

Good luck with your Rally go and have a good time then you can bore us with the Pics eh!

In the meantime just accept that the pitch aint working here that well
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2005, 07:34   #70

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Ooohh, now you have to be a solicitor I think to get quite that degree of pomposity into a rib.net post!
Don't you believe that....... have you seen some of MY posts?

I declare that I have no connection with the legal fraternity apart from regularly being in Court..and not all as a defendant…. One Circuit Judge said, upon hearing my blustering in Court, “Son, You should have been a Solicitor”.. to which I replied.. “Sir, my sister is a barrister…and that’s enough shame for any one family to carry”…. I lost my case…
Old 24 August 2005, 07:43   #71

Quote:
I really do scratch my head wondering why there is so much venom and what appears to be bitterness against people organising a boating adventure.
Perhaps you are not aware that the company that initially started to advertise this event were at one time apparently connected to a company convicted of chartering out an unsafe boat to a member of this forum who lost a deal of money and has not been reimbursed? When they then talked about flinging about so much money for fun, it, not unreasonably, caused a deal of animosity.

Quote:
Do I detect an element of jealousy as the event is linked with the "high life", along with parties at exclusive London clubs. Perhaps this is so if some negative contributors to this thread consider a great night out to be a meal at a Harvester in Portsmouth.
Now you are showing yourself as a bigot. Some of us with the financial capability of "enjoying the high life" may choose not to do so for reasons of taste, nothing else. If you are not so lucky as to be in such a position, financially and the cost of a meal at a Harvester for the family is considered as a treat, then good luck to you, I say.
Old 24 August 2005, 07:51   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre racing
Tim,

I have already initiated proceedings against this individual intent
Those of you who frequent the Forum, will be aware that Jonathan (Eupa) and I are often at loggerheads, but I will publicly declare that I will offer him my support if this statement holds any truth. I may not agree with his original rash statement, but my disgust at the condescending, bullying arrogance of some people on here... and, no, I know what your thinking.. "Hypocrite"... but I don't go round making veiled threats and trying to intimidate people by posting my profession Etc....

Jonathan, You have my contact details, please forward any correspondence from this “bore” and I will be happy to confirm your position and advise you, if you wish…..
Old 24 August 2005, 07:54   #73

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Quote:
Perhaps this is so if some negative contributors to this thread consider a great night out to be a meal at a Harvester in Portsmouth.
Oi I like taking my mum to the Harvesters

Jono, please be careful, Septic Racing et al, have clearly got a lot of experience of being in courts.

Pete
Old 24 August 2005, 08:03   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
Jono, please be careful, Septic Racing et al, have clearly got a lot of experience of being in courts.

Pete
Peter, unfortunately, so have I.... ho-hum.... It's just that I look so guilty.... I can't help it... nature is to blame......

PS... I aspire to a "Harvester" meal myself....
Old 24 August 2005, 08:41   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono

Now you are showing yourself as a bigot. Some of us with the financial capability of "enjoying the high life" may choose not to do so for reasons of taste, nothing else. If you are not so lucky as to be in such a position, financially and the cost of a meal at a Harvester for the family is considered as a treat, then good luck to you, I say.
I'm not a bigot at all, and don't normally take part in the "high life".
Re-reading my post I see that it may come accross that way and I apologise. In fact, the "help-your-self to as much as you like" salad cart in the Harvester is legendary.

Now, all I'm irritated about and continue to be, is that some of you ( and by no means many of you) continue to knock this rally, when I really can't see anything wrong with it, even though there may be some old connection with a bit of dodgy chartering in the solent a while back.

Why not see how it goes, and maybe a few members here might take part next year.

The only involvment I have is being the pace boat, nothing more.

I will take my camera...should I post some pics of the start, or would this bore too many people?
Old 24 August 2005, 08:56   #76

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Yes please take a camera and post the photos.
Old 24 August 2005, 09:13   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
Good luck with your Rally go and have a good time then you can bore us with the Pics eh!
...but Rogue Wave feels that people would be bored with the Pics.
Old 24 August 2005, 09:17   #78

Quote:
Now, all I'm irritated about and continue to be, is that some of you ( and by no means many of you) continue to knock this rally, when I really can't see anything wrong with it, even though there may be some old connection with a bit of dodgy chartering in the solent a while back.
Tim, I have never "knocked" this "rally". What sticks in my craw is the attitude of several characters who have been associated with it. You may find that a "bit of dodgy chartering" is acceptable. Do you think that the member of this forum whose life was put at risk and lost out financially sees this in the same, dismissive manner as you?

Quote:
.... the "help-your-self to as much as you like" salad cart in the Harvester is legendary.
I think you'll find that the approved technique is to interlock slices of cucumber around the rim of the bowl, thereby increasing its capacity significantly.... Not that I've done this.. Ooo.. no, not svelte ol' me...
Old 24 August 2005, 09:36   #79

Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
....I think you'll find that the approved technique is to interlock slices of cucumber around the rim of the bowl, thereby increasing its capacity significantly.... Not that I've done this.. Ooo.. no, not svelte ol' me...
Although a good technique I would strongly recommend investing in my new invention

With my invention I have copies the size and style of the Harvester Salad bowl but instead of making the bowl entirely out of china the base of the bowl is made from white latex When the bowl is filled the base stretches accommodating more food that a conventional bowl

In the supper deluxe version the latex base is so stretchy that it will accommodate all the salad from a standard Harvester salad trolley Although emptying the salad trolley will result in a lot of complaints from your fellow eaters it does present a good opportunity to sell them a ‘Supper Dooper Des bowl’ so they can do the same at the next Harvester they visit Des
Old 24 August 2005, 09:44   #80

Charter episode is now in the past

Firstly the boat was perfectly safe. It was an under-powered ex. SBS searider which is designed for offshore work.

Secondly the boat had been surveyed and licenced by Eastleigh Borough Council. The syndicate which owned her never acknowledged the revokation of licence by Eastleigh Borough Council as the wrong criteria had been applied.

The boat had been profeesionally re-wired and fitted by BHG marine in Bucklers Hard.

Steve Hall admitted in the posts that the boat was not unsafe.

Steve Hall stated in his threads that he wanted to go around the Isle of Wight which would not be covered by a local council licence.

He had the qualifications to qualify as a skipper and was put on the insurance as such. We had a verbal contract that he would take the boat at his own risk and he would be entirely responsable. What he did with it was upto him as long as he brought it back in one piece.

Typically in this age of claims direct everyone always looks for a scape goat and not wishing to involve the other syndicate members I took the brunt of the charges.

Like the Kieron French episode it was clear that the authorities wanted to win whatever the argument just to try and make an example of someone and the magistrates would just kowtow to whatever was desired.

As a result of all this I set up and established the London Offshore Powerboat Club to cater for those who wanted easy and cheap use of ribs. This as written in an article by James Cracknell in the telegraph and at the time was established with Edward Balme.

However with Ed being in London and I being on the Hamble it was clear that it would make more sense to seperate the two ventures and I would concentrate on the club and he would devote his energies in London to getting the rally off the ground.