Old 28 June 2021, 00:15   #101

Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Explorer 4
Make: Elling KB350
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 & 6
MMSI: 235913442
T32

Been following the thread with great interest as I am also Portsmouth based. Seriously considering the T32 for all the same reasons as you Pompey77 and will pair with a 9.8 Tohatsu 2 stroke already owned. Interested to know in summary, has the T32 met your expectations/needs in these waters?
Old 07 September 2021, 19:53   #102

Boat name: tbc
Make: tbc
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S View Post
Been following the thread with great interest as I am also Portsmouth based. Seriously considering the T32 for all the same reasons as you Pompey77 and will pair with a 9.8 Tohatsu 2 stroke already owned. Interested to know in summary, has the T32 met your expectations/needs in these waters?
It's been ideal for the 1st year, easy to inflate, great on the water and goes well with my OB, 17knots registered 1 up. ​But there's a couple of nagging points for me, firstly I'm 6ft 1" and I find it a bit of tight fit if on the water for 3 hours odd. Secondly, and probably following a similar theme to many other members, it's a pain inflating and deflating each time. I'm fortunate to live very close to a great launch site and I'm often using it to nip out for a couple of hours here and there, so ideally a trailer is on the Christmas list for next year.
If I could click my fingers I'd probably go for the Elling 350 with a trailer for next year but we'll see..

Any recommendations on SIB trailers would be greatly appreciated
Old 08 September 2021, 07:23   #103

Boat name: Explorer 4
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 & 6
MMSI: 235913442
Interesting! I’m also over 6ft and a ‘light weight’ at c.100kg…on a good day! I was toying with Honwave but acquired a little used Elling from a forum member which I finally got wet last weekend: business, family, weddings, weather, tides all conspired! Opinion after maiden voyage…absolutely cracking craft with loads of room, very stable and goes well with the 6hp 4 stroke I used at the weekend but the 9.8hp will be next.

Hoping to get out again this weekend subject to weather and once my new pump arrives after my bravo died despite a new battery. I’m not inflating again with the stirrup pump!

Tags
sib