Old 11 February 2021, 19:29   #1

Length: 8m +
Hysucat 23 replacement tubes

All,

I've got a 2017 Hysucat 23 that is no longer under warranty with tubes that are failing. To be fair, this is the first US boat built and it has prototype issues. That said, the company doesn't have even a pattern for the tubes, and they are no longer making the boat. Hard to swallow, but before I work to get custom tubes built, anyone have a line on existing inventory hidden somewhere? Know its a long shot, but appreciate help in advance.

C.
Old 11 February 2021, 19:43   #2

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategery Sailing View Post
All,

I've got a 2017 Hysucat 23 that is no longer under warranty with tubes that are failing. To be fair, this is the first US boat built and it has prototype issues. That said, the company doesn't have even a pattern for the tubes, and they are no longer making the boat. Hard to swallow, but before I work to get custom tubes built, anyone have a line on existing inventory hidden somewhere? Know its a long shot, but appreciate help in advance.

C.

Wow!! In what way are the tubes failing? What material/construction are they?
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2021, 20:15   #3

Seams unwelding, internal baffles shot, seams ungluing... it's a long list. I believe UPVC (POLYVINYL CHLORIDE). I've had it serviced professionally multiple times - never resolved. Now they stopped making the boat and have no inventory. Frankly I want hypalon tubes. If anyone has a VSR they want to trade straight up, I'd be open to talking with you...
Old 11 February 2021, 20:59   #4

RIBase
Quote:
Seams unwelding, internal baffles shot, seams ungluing... it's a long list. I believe UPVC (POLYVINYL CHLORIDE). I've had it serviced professionally multiple times - never resolved. Now they stopped making the boat and have no inventory. Frankly I want hypalon tubes. If anyone has a VSR they want to trade straight up, I'd be open to talking with you...

That’s bad on a boat so young. Have you spoken to Wing/Henshaws?
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 11 February 2021, 21:20   #5

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
X2
.....Go to Henshaws and get a price for some PROPER HYPERLON TUBES + fitted (they can make Tubes from scratch for anything) ... like they should have done in the first place!..that is .....if the rest of the RIB isn't in the same condition!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2021, 21:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
X2
.....Go to Henshaws and get a price for some PROPER HYPERLON TUBES + fitted (they can make Tubes from scratch for anything) ... like they should have done in the first place!..that is .....if the rest of the RIB isn't in the same condition!
Well, I'm not happy with the support from the company, but realize this is an early hull. I use it as a chase boat to coach full foiling sailboats, so the semi foiling ride is valuable to me.

I'm doing 3 things to the boat and it should be perfect at that point. 1) Tube replacement (thanks for the help), 2) Watertight box around foil mounting to keep hulls from flooding as the mountings flex/leak, 3)repainting the entire hull - it's black and has faded beyond buffing repair.

So, I'm having to restore a 3 year old boat... but when done should be good for quite a while I'm hoping. Just disappointing to spend what I spent without the factory having it resolved for me despite many, many reach outs.
Old 12 February 2021, 07:59   #7

Make: Zodiac
Engine: Scull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Absolutely, aren't tubes supposed to have an average life span of 10 years? Agree with getting the likes of Henshaws making you up a set of Hyperlon tubes, should get you many years of worry free floating
Old 12 February 2021, 08:06   #8

RIBase
Quote:
Well, I'm not happy with the support from the company, but realize this is an early hull. I use it as a chase boat to coach full foiling sailboats, so the semi foiling ride is valuable to me.

I'm doing 3 things to the boat and it should be perfect at that point. 1) Tube replacement (thanks for the help), 2) Watertight box around foil mounting to keep hulls from flooding as the mountings flex/leak, 3)repainting the entire hull - it's black and has faded beyond buffing repair.

So, I'm having to restore a 3 year old boat... but when done should be good for quite a while I'm hoping. Just disappointing to spend what I spent without the factory having it resolved for me despite many, many reach outs.

It sounds like your boat is an experimental prototype, if there are other issues, hull leaking etc. I’d be taking a long hard look before throwing what will be a considerable amount of money at a set of new tubes. It might be time to cut your losses.
Old 12 February 2021, 10:02   #9

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:

I feel you're pain Mate..make sure you do the sums but
I hope you get there and get the Boat you want

I have a Black Boat and can recommend "Areosoace 303" for the Tubes you'll find Hyperlon a lot more durable and resilient.
By the way....whoever does the retube (I've done four for myself and friends) remember...there are very "few fixed prices"!...and everything is negotiable
Good Luck and post some pics.

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2021, 15:13   #10

Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
Hysucat

Custom Fenders and Tubes in Florida has made two replacement sets for me in hypalon for Hyusucat 28 models. Those PVC factory ones do not last. Same situation as yours where everything failed.

Send me a DM with email and i can send you pics.
www.DinghyPro.net
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tubes