Old 21 February 2021, 14:54   #21

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallowbuck0 View Post
Thank everyone for your input. I’ve placed an order for an XS500, hopefully will be ready by end of May.
Happy new boat! Hope it goes well & you have a good season with it [emoji106]
Old 03 March 2021, 14:42   #22

Town: Rosscarbery
Boat name: XS 5.5
Make: XS RIB
Length: 5m +
Engine: Petrol Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallowbuck0 View Post
I had thought of it but I honestly wouldn’t know which rib make to look at. I know that Humber are a no frills sought of boat and that suits me I don’t want anything frilly if that makes sense. And ideally I don’t really want to go much bigger than a 5m. I’d look at others if I knew which were best if that makes sense.

Yes, I know what you mean. I dislike the ‘frilly’ ones too. I wouldn’t touch them for free. The ‘sitting room sofa’ type seat across the stern looks so stupid I think too.
The well designed ones I think are, Humber, Tornado, XS RIBS, Excalibur and of course Redbay. The raised Bow helps keep the RIB dry in rough conditions.
It’s best too, to have the cables and fuel lines routed under the floor. It’s a much finish, and also the fuel in its own tank under the console or floor. I can’t stand carrying those loose containers of petrol in the boat.
Just my sixpence [emoji1360]
Old 03 March 2021, 15:14   #23

Town: Lincolnshire
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Twin 70s
I’ve already specified under deck cables, that way keeps everything neat on deck and no trip hazard. As for fuel that will be in the console. All being well only another 10-12 weeks but will be going over to factory to see which console and seating I prefer and the position for it. I must say the customer service at XS has been brilliant. As for what I’ve asked for in the build might not be to everyone’s choice but I’m doing it for me. Hopefully I’ve covered everything after taking onboard the comments from other members.