Old 03 October 2021, 15:43   #41

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old seahorse View Post
Should add that dimensions are shown on their website, with the photos of the product. They say should be good for up to 3.5 m sib, but best check size first!

I am not in need of a bag but I did have a poke about on the website and failed miserably to locate said bags. Any chance you have a linky?
Old 03 October 2021, 16:01   #42

Town: Somerset
Make: Takacat
Sorry my I. T skills are almost non existent!
If you go into their website, and look under Chandlery/ bags and dry bags, they are listed there. I’m hoping it will be quicker and easier to pack into it.
Old 03 October 2021, 16:41   #43

Town: Aberdeenshire
Length: no boat
All sold out already.

See thats what happens when something gets leaked!

There will be a bag crisis due to panic buying next

Anyway never been short of fuel up here....because we as Aberdonians are too tight to fill our car fuel tanks
Old 03 October 2021, 18:20   #44

Makes a change from toilet roll shortage a while back. Sorry shouldn’t mentioned it- it may start another panic!
Old 12 October 2021, 07:04   #45

Just used my new “envelope “ bag yesterday. I managed a run out at Poole harbour. Just a swill off with fresh water at the slipway ( Baiter park), and a quick wipe down, before rolling the deflated boat and wrapping it with the bag. It was much quicker, and less fuss, and easier to extract for proper cleaning at home.
I did have a case of “ shrinking boot space” though on reloading!
It must be catching. I hope you manage another trip( or two!), before winter.
Old 12 October 2021, 07:55   #46

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
I'm glad you got another outing in but small boot syndrome is surely nationwide and HMGov will soon be offering a vaccine to combat it or come spring we will all be forced to add towbars.
I doubt I will get another session in before spring, not keen on cold & windy days at sea. I think I may have to look local by the spring for a like minded retired person willing to go fishing in Ever Dry & share the labour involved. Ive been billy no mates for a long old time now, thats what you get for never visiting the pub and spending far too much time in the workshop. So its no doubt going to be difficult to find a "mini me!"
Old 13 October 2021, 20:44   #47

Certainly having company, both to help, and share the joy of a trip out is a bonus. Part of the reason I changed from a trailable hard hulled boat was that my other half’s health stopped her participating, and going solo with it was too much. Having an inflatable has given me more flexibility.
You never know, asking around may just unearth someone who was waiting to be asked!
I think my neighbour enjoyed getting sprayed with a bit of salt water in a short chop- it certainly brought some colour to his face.
Having missed so much time on the water in the last 3 years, due to my own health challenges, and the dreaded pandemic, I will try to get out whenever the opportunity arises. I’ve had a few good winter days out, in perfect conditions, but there is an element of careful planning( and a bit of luck).
Whenever you get out again, savour the experience.