Old 01 May 2024, 10:07   #41

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 25hp
MMSI: 235933026
No wonder there rare as hens teeth, you 2 have brought them all, greedy lol. Great post @fenlander, cheers. 15hp.....or 9.9 it is .
Old 01 May 2024, 11:35   #42

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Here is the data to mod Yamaha 2T 9.9 reeds. Posts 4&5 on this thread about Blankton's mint 9.9 Yamaha.

https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/new-bo...ine-86376.html

Don't bend them on the assy, work out the difference you need and remove the stops to a vice. Use loktite on the screws when re-assembling.
Old 01 May 2024, 14:55   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Here is the data to mod Yamaha 2T 9.9 reeds. Posts 4&5 on this thread about Blankton's mint 9.9 Yamaha.

https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/new-bo...ine-86376.html

Don't bend them on the assy, work out the difference you need and remove the stops to a vice. Use loktite on the screws when re-assembling.
Thanks for that.
Old 01 May 2024, 16:17   #44

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
What bo11oks!
Its the only language he speaks can't master 'sense'
Old 01 May 2024, 19:26   #45
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
Don’t you think your guidance while useful could be condensed a little.
If the forum can find a space for your relentless self promotional soliloquys, it will manage to put up with the carefully considered contributions from a longstanding and respected (i.e. not banned six times) member like Fenlander!
Old 01 May 2024, 21:16   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
If the forum can find a space for your relentless self promotional soliloquys, it will manage to put up with the carefully considered contributions from a longstanding and respected (i.e. not banned six times) member like Fenlander!
I'm wondering if he should be paying trade membership for constantly pushing his youtube drivel he is afterall selling something so effectively its trade advertising
But I agree fenlanders posts are far more useful than his
Old 01 May 2024, 21:47   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
Yes I usually wear my kill cord and on this type of boat it is particularly important. On this occasion I simply forgot. Based on this little first test however I think this boat is well worth the money
Engineer out the ability to forget.

Either when you disconnect the leg you disconnect both OR you permanently attach the "leg" (easier to attach to buoyancy aid) and you detach the boat when you need to.
Old 02 May 2024, 08:22   #48

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Stripped down the carb at 6am this morning so hopefully try the cat again soon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9211.jpeg
Views:	11
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	144902  
Old 02 May 2024, 09:00   #49

I think that little carb clean might have fixed it ��. Let’s hope so

Old 02 May 2024, 11:11   #50

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Recognise that veranda we had some cracking sunsets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230615_232517.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	144903   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230615_232525.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	144904  
Old 02 May 2024, 15:41   #51

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Engine: Honda BF15
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
I'm wondering if he should be paying trade membership for constantly pushing his youtube drivel he is afterall selling something so effectively its trade advertising
But I agree fenlanders posts are far more useful than his
The amount of childish bickering from various people on here is embarrassing. Even if you're 100% right here (and Easdalenovice has been known to provide some questionable advice), the pettiness of it all is just utterly pathetic.

It's all well and good you and 4 or 5 other people knowing the history of why you don't like him, but to everyone outside, new users and lurkers included, it just looks like this place is full of unwelcoming, petty little Victor Meldrews.
Old 02 May 2024, 18:44   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by User name View Post
The amount of childish bickering from various people on here is embarrassing. Even if you're 100% right here (and Easdalenovice has been known to provide some questionable advice), the pettiness of it all is just utterly pathetic.

It's all well and good you and 4 or 5 other people knowing the history of why you don't like him, but to everyone outside, new users and lurkers included, it just looks like this place is full of unwelcoming, petty little Victor Meldrews.
I agree, it's a shame tbh, the site has some great content and some very knowledgeable posters, would hate to think that any effort to create content is derided, it takes alot of time effort and courage to expose yourself to it, there's no real money being made.

Look at Harry Dyer, his videos are fantastic, are they technically perfect...no there just him using a RIB to have fun ( he does make money though)

Be nice for everyone to just chill a bit,.let's pretend we're all at sea..
Old 02 May 2024, 19:47   #53

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Quote:

well said
Old 02 May 2024, 22:12   #54

Quote:

You realy think letting him get away with not just questionable advice but often wrong, misleading & sometimes just plain dangerous advice is acceptable? Folk come on the forum looking for good reliable advice, often safety related this guy is a menace with his constant contra advice which inexperienced folk may take at face value. Folk need to know that most of his advice isn't good. Sorry if you think we're just moaning old codgers but most folk who pick him up are very experienced knowledgeable folk who would be distressed if someone came to harm listening to this guy.
He now seems to be spreadshoting the forum with his links to youtube to profit from folks klicks thats not what the forum is about imho
Old 02 May 2024, 22:56   #55

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Engine: Honda BF15
Quote:
Folk come on the forum looking for good reliable advice
And instead they're very often met with what appears to be your uncalled for aggressive dressing down of this guy, with no context for what has gone on before.

I'm sure if the mods considered him to be as serious a risk as you say, they'd dress him down themselves. They know who he is, what he's about and they could act if they wanted to.

If you're assuming the responsibility of correcting people who are wrong on the internet then I think you're fighting an un-winnable war. I generally agree with you that some of his advice is poor at best, but you're not the internet cops. You're letting him live rent free in your head and you're contributing to the miserable tone of almost every conversation on here.

Also, going after him on the YouTube angle for "trade advertising" is pathetic. He has nowhere near enough subscribers or views to make anything from his channel. Criticising him for the things he is wrong about is one thing, but this just comes across as mean spirited and bullying.
Old 03 May 2024, 06:09   #56

Quote:
I'm sure if the mods considered him to be as serious a risk as you say, they'd dress him down themselves. They know who he is, what he's about and they could act if they wanted to.

Probably only a matter of time, hes been banned 3 or 4 times but sneaks back under the radar for a while. He doesnt just do it here he also causes trouble over on ybw.com

but this just comes across as mean spirited and bullying.
you reap what you sow, hes happy to put down other folk who are giving good reasoned advice why shouldn't folk correct his poor/dangerous advice.
You've not been here long so probably haven't seen some of the ridiculous stuff he posted in previous incarnations, his current stuff is only mildly bad in comparison to past stuff & I think he knows he has to keep it slightly toned down or hes out the door.
Old 03 May 2024, 07:11   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
Recognise that veranda we had some cracking sunsets
Yes they are incredible here. But none quite as good as those yet 👍😁
Old 03 May 2024, 07:19   #58

Quote:
And instead they're very often met with what appears to be your uncalled for aggressive dressing down of this guy, with no context for what has gone on before.

If you're assuming the responsibility of correcting people who are wrong on the internet then I think you're fighting an un-winnable war. I generally agree with you that some of his advice is poor at best, but you're not the internet cops. You're letting him live rent free in your head and you're contributing to the miserable tone of almost every conversation on here.

Also, going after him on the YouTube angle for "trade advertising" is pathetic. He has nowhere near enough subscribers or views to make anything from his channel. Criticising him for the things he is wrong about is one thing, but this just comes across as mean spirited and bullying.
Many thanks for the support. Re the You Tube channel so far I suspect I have spent over £5,000 on kit for it and 1000’s of hours. I have not earned a penny or received anything free and probably never will. and yes when you make you tube videos you certainly expose yourself

I do it because I enjoy it, hope others enjoy it and also hopefully to inspire others at all ages to get out and do stuff.

As for my advice. I give it and if others want to follow it it is up to them

More videos to come

👍
Old 03 May 2024, 07:20   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker View Post
I agree, it's a shame tbh, the site has some great content and some very knowledgeable posters, would hate to think that any effort to create content is derided, it takes alot of time effort and courage to expose yourself to it, there's no real money being made.

Look at Harry Dyer, his videos are fantastic, are they technically perfect...no there just him using a RIB to have fun ( he does make money though)

Be nice for everyone to just chill a bit,.let's pretend we're all at sea..
Many thanks 👍
Old 03 May 2024, 07:41   #60

Quote:
you reap what you sow, hes happy to put down other folk who are giving good reasoned advice why shouldn't folk correct his poor/dangerous advice.
You've not been here long so probably haven't seen some of the ridiculous stuff he posted in previous incarnations, his current stuff is only mildly bad in comparison to past stuff & I think he knows he has to keep it slightly toned down or hes out the door.
Why don't you just tell us all when he's giving bad advice and leave it at that? Sniping on his every comment just makes it appear personal.

What it also does is make everyone on here less likely to post their ideas or experiences, right or wrong. It reminds me of FB and the general social media style that seems to be affecting various forums I'm on that until have avoided the it.

This forum has always had "characters " codprawn springs to mind , what a character he was, anyone know what happened to him.....or her?