Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 29 March 2024, 07:48   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
Bought another new Cat Aqua Marina Aircat 335

Well having already got way to many boats and too much of most stuff. I decided to buy another little CAT to try out. At the Price I could not resist.

It is the Aqua Marina Aircat 335 and hopefully it will arrive in the next week or so taking account of Easter

I paid 540 all in including delivery but using an extra code of BEST5 which got me 5% off

Lets see how it is

Watch this space
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 17:49   #2
Member
 
beerbelly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,497
i bought one they seem decent quality but using various short shaft outboards it cavitates terribly another guy on here had some success using a long shaft on one but i haven't got a long shaft small enough to try on it
__________________
beerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2024, 04:23   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
i bought one they seem decent quality but using various short shaft outboards it cavitates terribly another guy on here had some success using a long shaft on one but i haven't got a long shaft small enough to try on it
Perhaps cut the transom down a little. At the money I paid this would not be a massive issue.

What outboard were you using ?
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2024, 07:13   #4
Member
 
beerbelly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
Perhaps cut the transom down a little. At the money I paid this would not be a massive issue.

What outboard were you using ?
i tried a 3.5hp mariner and a 5hp mariner they both would get it to plane sat in the bow with the 3.5 but with each as the speed started to build they just let go revved wildly and fell of the plane .the other guy tried cutting the transom to some degree of success. but not fully he came to the conclusion it was the way the water flowed through the cat tunnel and sold his .i loaned mine to a friend for pottering about on loch ken while at his caravan and forgot all about it until you mentioned one
__________________
beerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2024, 09:47   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
i tried a 3.5hp mariner and a 5hp mariner they both would get it to plane sat in the bow with the 3.5 but with each as the speed started to build they just let go revved wildly and fell of the plane .the other guy tried cutting the transom to some degree of success. but not fully he came to the conclusion it was the way the water flowed through the cat tunnel and sold his .i loaned mine to a friend for pottering about on loch ken while at his caravan and forgot all about it until you mentioned one
Are you sure this is the same boat this is the True Cat with no front. I will be putting a Tohatsu 9.8 2 stroke on mine
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2024, 09:49   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
This is the one I am getting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l960.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	144735  
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2024, 11:04   #7
Member
 
beerbelly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,497
ah no the one i got was a sib think it was called u delux basically the inflatable floor is not level or below the tubes its higher so the boat rides on the tubes giving a cat type effect tunnel hull.
they do seem to be very well made
__________________
beerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 April 2024, 05:00   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
The new cat has arrived or rather I picked it up from my local Depot if Palletways. It seems the delivery company is required to call the customer to arrange the delivery day. I did receive a call but i missed it. When I called back it was Lombard shopping so did not make the connection. Looking at the tracking info and a little online research the next day I realised, called them back and arranged to collect. Her indoors has acquired a nice pallet that she will put on the wall and grow her strawberries in 👍
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8991.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	144772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8990.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	144773  
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2024, 09:00   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
So the Aircat is out of the box and all pumped up. Initial impressions are:

1) Seems excellent for the money 535
2) Better value than the Boatworld one
3) Easier to set up than the boatworld one
4) Very light
5) Very quick to set up with electric pump
6) Needs handles on inner tubes at the rear
7) Looks as it will pack up very small
8) Bag is ok quality but could be thicker to be honest but for the moner ok

Here are some pics of her blown up in the garden
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aircat 4.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	144780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aircat 1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	144781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aircat 2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	144782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aircat 3.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	144783  
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2024, 19:30   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 537
Looking good, interested to see how it goes .
__________________
tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2024, 19:39   #11
RIBnet Supporter
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easedalenovice View Post
The new cat has arrived
__________________
I'm sorry, but there IS no Mars Bar.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2024, 20:31   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker View Post
Looking good, interested to see how it goes .
I will have a little video soon showing the setup and unboxing
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2024, 06:25   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
As noted above here is a little video of the unboxing and setting up of the Aqua Marina Aircat 335. Initial thoughts are it is very good for the money. Could be great fun in the summer months with a 10 hp outboard on the back

__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2024, 10:33   #14
Member
 
User name's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF15
Join Date: Jun 2023
Posts: 198
I fixed one of these for a friend (front left corner of the floor was leaking slightly). It's possible to roll them up a lot smaller than you had it at the end there. We've only ever tried it on a calm lake but its a cool little boat. So light weight and folds so small. If they did a slightly longer version I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

There's a big discount on them over here. https://www.micksgarage.com/d/boats/...able-catamaran
__________________
User name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2024, 11:01   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by User name View Post
I fixed one of these for a friend (front left corner of the floor was leaking slightly). It's possible to roll them up a lot smaller than you had it at the end there. We've only ever tried it on a calm lake but its a cool little boat. So light weight and folds so small. If they did a slightly longer version I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

There's a big discount on them over here. https://www.micksgarage.com/d/boats/...able-catamaran
I agree that was at the end of the day and we could have done a far better roll up job. I am somewhat bemused why they are so cheap at the moment as they actually seem quite good but have not of course had it on the water yet
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2024, 17:20   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 537
Looks decent quality for the money, compared to the inflatable cross stitched kayaks. , bet its a wet ride in any sort of chop/waves, looks like a wetsuit job, better not tell the Mrs
__________________
tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2024, 19:34   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinker View Post
Looks decent quality for the money, compared to the inflatable cross stitched kayaks. , bet its a wet ride in any sort of chop/waves, looks like a wetsuit job, better not tell the Mrs
She knows it is a wet boat for warm weather use. But yes looks decent for the money
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.