Old 11 February 2024, 10:57   #1

Town: Olomouc
Anchor rope attachment

Hello,

I would like to ask how best to attach the anchor rope to the Honvawe T38IE? I mean how to quickly adjust the rope length for different water depths? Example: What to do if the depth is only 3 meters and I have 30 metres of rope? How to attach the rope for example in the middle of the length?
And one more question. I am attaching a photo of the handle on the back of the boat. Is it just a handrail or can it also be used to anchor and tie the rope? Why is there a small hole in the handle? The shape kind of looks like a cleat.

Thank you very much for the advice.
Jakub
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ie3.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	144469  
Old 11 February 2024, 16:20   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
If your Honwave has D rings on the bow tubeset, use them with a bridle loop set-up. You can use the bow painter to retrieve. Read this: https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/advise...-up-85493.html

Avoid using that moulded grip handle. They are for launching and retrieving hand holds, not anchoring.
Old 11 February 2024, 22:42   #3

Boat name: 380S
Make: Yamaha
Length: 3m +
Engine: Honda BF15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakub View Post
Hello,

I would like to ask how best to attach the anchor rope to the Honvawe T38IE? I mean how to quickly adjust the rope length for different water depths? Example: What to do if the depth is only 3 meters and I have 30 metres of rope? How to attach the rope for example in the middle of the length?
And one more question. I am attaching a photo of the handle on the back of the boat. Is it just a handrail or can it also be used to anchor and tie the rope? Why is there a small hole in the handle? The shape kind of looks like a cleat.

Thank you very much for the advice.
Jakub
Look up videos on inline knots such as the alpine butterfly or figure 8. They can be tied easily at any point along the rope and you can simply latch on with a suitable snap-hook/carabiner.
Old 12 February 2024, 05:31   #4

Town: teesside
Boat name: magic
Make: humber 5.5
Length: 5m +
Engine: mariner 115
MMSI: 232012453
should only tie off the bow if the weather picks up while at anchor you would want your bow into the tide/weather if your tied off the stern you could easily get swamped