Originally Posted by Jamesd20
Hello Ribforum! wanted to post about my new boat and ask some questions.
here is my 1998 Navy Built Zodiac Hurricane 733 with twin 2006 Yamaha 115s. boat was sitting for a while and neglected but the motors are great! never been in saltwater and only 400 hours.
things i plan to do over the next few years:
- new console with top, windshield and shock mitigating seats
- Electronics, autopilot
- some sort of foam teak or hydroturf flooring
- All new aluminum crash bar and rear tower with fold down ladder
- Twin 200s Fly by wire Suzuki or Yamaha
- New fuel tanks
- New tubes
Questions for the forum-
- Fuel Tanks: i found a leak at the fuel sender due to stripped threads on my main tank. looks like everyone gets aluminum tanks built but i looked up the part numbers on the tanks and they are available from the manufacture- they need to be purchased through zodiac or a moeller distributor. is there a reason why people don't go this route of replacing the factory installed polymer tanks?
- Tubes: Boat currently has 2008 Wing tubes on it- I would like to replace with Zodiac Tubes in Black. What do people think of factory Zodiac Tubes vs Wing?
- Twin 200s- ive seen this done on the 733- what are the pros and cons of getting twin 200s vs 150s
- this boat was used by the Navy up until 2017- does anyone know how i can get some history on it? how it was used by the Navy or anything?
- Bow locker- I've seen this on a lot of other 733s. does anyone know where i can buy one? does anyone have any experience with ordering tanks, tubes and parts through Zodiac hurricane?
Great looking boat. Ordering a new fuel tank from Milpro/Hurricane will be difficult for a boat that old. I am a dealer and tried for a couple hurricanes and they could not provide a tank. I used Luthers welding in Rhode Island. Very pleased with the aluminum tank they built.
Milpro is now building tubes in the US for H 733's. Lead time is usually about 6 months. Have one on order now for a customer and price was basically the same price as Wing.