Old 29 February 2024, 12:20   #1

Town: Bahamas
Boat name: CAT 24
Make: Nautica
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
New to RIB boats, Nautica CAT 24

Hey all,

New to the forum here, and even newer to RIB boats. I got gifted a Nautica International CAT 24

As I've come to learn, the pricing of "tubes" are pretty pricey and I'm also definitely not going to find tubes for this here in The Bahamas. I still have 1 of the original tubes (damaged and deflated from a hurricane).

Looking for any advice in regards to how I should approach working on this boat. I've been reading the thread for information and the tubes for this specific model would most likely need to be produced from my old tube.

Ideally I'm only planning on using this boat leisurely for short runs (1/2 mile). Is the idea of trying to source used tubes a bad idea or even possible to find?

Spending approximately 10k (without shipping fees) for reproduced tubes is large investment, and eventually I would like to get it back to its original beauty at some point in the future, so I'm open to any advice on whether I should just wait until I can spare that kind of money or are there any alternatives.

Thanks
Old 29 February 2024, 17:10   #2

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojmc View Post
Hey all,

New to the forum here, and even newer to RIB boats. I got gifted a Nautica International CAT 24

As I've come to learn, the pricing of "tubes" are pretty pricey and I'm also definitely not going to find tubes for this here in The Bahamas. I still have 1 of the original tubes (damaged and deflated from a hurricane).

Looking for any advice in regards to how I should approach working on this boat. I've been reading the thread for information and the tubes for this specific model would most likely need to be produced from my old tube.

Ideally I'm only planning on using this boat leisurely for short runs (1/2 mile). Is the idea of trying to source used tubes a bad idea or even possible to find?

Spending approximately 10k (without shipping fees) for reproduced tubes is large investment, and eventually I would like to get it back to its original beauty at some point in the future, so I'm open to any advice on whether I should just wait until I can spare that kind of money or are there any alternatives.

Thanks
Heres a couple of pictures when i had my nautica 19 retubed at venture marine in salisbury uk .....if you look at the pics you will see the method of designing new tubes ,not just copying the old as i wanted to reduce the square bow .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20211004-WA0001.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	144587  
Old 29 February 2024, 17:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Heres a couple of pictures when i had my nautica 19 retubed at venture marine in salisbury uk .....if you look at the pics you will see the method of designing new tubes ,not just copying the old as i wanted to reduce the square bow .
Nice. This definitely got my gears moving, appreciative of you sharing that photo. Gives me some insight on maybe approaching this a different way. I'll share a photo what I'm currently working with, so others or yourself may view and I'm open to any suggestions.
Old 29 February 2024, 17:29   #4

Nautica 24

Currently
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240223_161737.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	144589  
Old 29 February 2024, 18:21   #5

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Maybe worth seeking help from alfred montaner you tube channel ,he is in Miami i think ,the home of Nautica pre their demise ,loves to retube a nautica !
Old 01 March 2024, 12:25   #6

Town: Connecticut
Make: Zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
Nautica Tubes

Contact Custom Fenders and Tubes in Fort Pierce Florida. They build the finest tubes available and he has done a couple sets of Nautica cat tubes foe me.
www.DinghyPro.net
cgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 March 2024, 12:13   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
Maybe worth seeking help from alfred montaner you tube channel ,he is in Miami i think ,the home of Nautica pre their demise ,loves to retube a nautica !
Thanks a lot for this, will try to contact and also check out his channel.

Tags
rib