Old 30 May 2012, 11:28   #51
Town: Altrincham
Boat name: Vonny
Make: Valiant
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard 60hp
Speaking from Experience.
I am the owner of an 8 year old Valiant Vanguard 520. I bought it 2nd hand from a guy who ws in financial difficulty, he did not want to sell it. In the 4 years I have owned the boat, It has been used in lots of different sea conditions, including the recent Ribnet cruise from Caernarfon Bar to Baeumaris and back. Us smaller Ribs were battered at times. We managed to stuff the bow on several occassions with 30mph gusts of WOT. We evan took air a couple of times. Nothing has ever fallen off or broken. In the 4 years I have owned the boat, I have never ever had to inflate the sponsons, except after hot weather manual deflation. The Vanguard is not the deepest of hulls, but horses for courses, it's been a great family Rib. Every Rib has its pros and cons and the pros for the Vanguard are reliability, styling. very easy to launch, great stable platform in good wether for fishing or towing the kids on ringos. I would have no hesitation in reccomending Valiant as a brand to anyone.

KND is offline   Reply With Quote