Old 14 October 2020, 16:08   #61

Make: Elling kB 350
Length: 3m +
I’m hoping oldman 2 will make another modification to his Elling in the form of the A frame attachment because they are £240 to buy and I’m sure with his wisdom and knowledge of mods he could do it a lot cheaper. Especially as I’d be wanting 2 of them to form a canopy if the sun was a bit too strong or we had a little shower while out and about.
Old 14 October 2020, 16:12   #62

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Ha ha you'll be getting a little shower in a SIB... but salt water in the face unless it's mirror calm. Mrs Fenlander always sits on the seat in front of me so she is my spray shield. I'm not sure if she realises how much it keeps the worse off me!
Old 14 October 2020, 16:18   #63

Haha I’ll be doing exactly the same as you, only problem is for me is the wife is only a tiny thing so I doubt she’ll be blocking much spray. Besides, she’ll fall asleep after all the hard work of pumping up the boat and getting the engine on while I’m having a cup of tea LOL
Old 15 October 2020, 20:51   #64

Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
Do not delay getting a boat. If you take to it, you will regret not having started sooner. If you don't take to it, the sooner you get rid of the pipe dream and find something you do enjoy, the better.

My own story: I wanted to sail all my life from when I read Swallows and Amazons at the age of about 9. However, there were always other demands on my time, including diving, kayaking, and sibbing. I finally bought a nice little sailing dinghy at the age of 53. I'm now playing catch up.

Get the bloody boat.

I keep a log of trips. 19 days on the water (divided between sailing and SIB) so far in 2020, despite the period when it was impossible due to lockdown. Our weather is not that bad.
Old 16 October 2020, 03:02   #65

Thanks for that Mike, I’m in agreement with you. Over the past few weeks I’ve been trying to find the negatives of having a sib, and the only one I can think of is the weight of the boat and engine when I have to move them to the sea. Which is not bad considering if I had a rib or hard hull boat I’d have the hassle of mooring, trailering, tides etc etc. So as soon as I can I WILL be having one. It really is a pity that I didn’t see the article in sea angler at the beginning of the year because by now I’d have one. Hey ho another year gone. I did check stock on the Elling and it’s not available until February or March next year, although I guess if enough people were interested in buying one then boatworld may want to decide to order early and get a few more sales by the end of the year.
Old 16 October 2020, 03:26   #66

I’ve just been wondering how many people who have read my thread are seriously considering buying the Elling? Maybe if enough of us are interested then boatworld may reduce the price of it. When I went on Ellingboat.com the price quoted worked out at £745 compared to £1395 at boatworld so if enough of us got together maybe we could all negotiate a better price or even make a bulk order and go direct to Elling. Just a thought.
Old 16 October 2020, 07:01   #67

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel1965 View Post
I’ve just been wondering how many people who have read my thread are seriously considering buying the Elling? Maybe if enough of us are interested then boatworld may reduce the price of it. When I went on Ellingboat.com the price quoted worked out at £745 compared to £1395 at boatworld so if enough of us got together maybe we could all negotiate a better price or even make a bulk order and go direct to Elling. Just a thought.

Just a word to the wise, in the early days of Ribnet, several folks tried to set up group/bulk buys of various items, non of which were as rich as a boat. It invariably ended in acrimony.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2020, 03:28   #68

Good news for anyone wanting to watching the 20 minute video of the Elling KB350. I found a way to watch with English subtitles. Go to Ellingboat.com and translate the page to English. Find the KB350. Click on it. Scroll down the page to the video review. Click on settings in the YouTube screen>auto translate a column will open just scroll down to English and it’s done. Hope this helps anyone that’s interested in this sib.
Old 18 October 2020, 06:07   #69

Town: Chelmsford
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Good news for anyone wanting to watching the 20 minute video of the Elling KB350. I found a way to watch with English subtitles. Go to Ellingboat.com and translate the page to English. Find the KB350. Click on it. Scroll down the page to the video review. Click on settings in the YouTube screen>auto translate a column will open just scroll down to English and it’s done. Hope this helps anyone that’s interested in this sib.
Are you able to buy it direct from that site ?
Old 18 October 2020, 07:55   #70

Town: Kent
Boat name: ever dry
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Yamaha 15hp 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallribber View Post
Are you able to buy it direct from that site ?

Elling would it seems be very happy for you to buy direct from them the manufacturer and offer delivery in Ukraine at least in 1-2 days. You can have the boat on grey or green direct from them too. I guess there will be UK import duty and VAT to pay so not a lot of saving after delivery.
It also comes with a 5yr warranty though returning for repair might be tricky!
I did notice while comparing specs that there are some differences between themselves and the UK retailer Boatworld.

Elling Boatworld
balloon dia 50cm 52cm
Weight 46kg 40kg
Ply seats alloy seats
seat pads extra seat pads supplied
PVC 1000g/mm2 5 Layer PVC 1100D
5yr warranty 2yr warranty
£751 + taxes £1395 + delivery
avail now out of stock
Grey or green grey only
+ delivery

Formatting fail but im sure you can work it out.
Old 18 October 2020, 13:43   #71

Town: Cardiff
Length: no boat
Have search on cobra radios before you order and look at Cooper blue nylon anchors with some chain very effective
Old 18 October 2020, 16:14   #72

I tried to buy direct from the site but they won’t ship to the U.K. they just referred me straight to boatworld. Otherwise I’d have bought one straight away. Especially as they are almost half the price over there.
I shall be checking out the radios when I have the boat and engine, I have looked at the copper anchor, seems great for what I need and very light too.
Old 18 October 2020, 16:34   #73

Quote:
I tried to buy direct from the site but they won’t ship to the U.K.

I expect they have a contract with Boatworld for exclusive UK sales.
If you were to buy from them direct you would still have the tax & VAT to pay plus shipping so no great saving in the end....but you could get one now, Boatworld wont have a shipment until maybe Feb/March, so maybe they need a push to get some stock in before then if there is the demand.
Old 18 October 2020, 16:43   #74

February or March is fine with me, but, if I could get one at the Ukrainian price then I’d be quite happy to have one now instead. Who knows by feb/March there maybe other makes and new models available. The longer boatworld remains out of stock of the Elling the more chance other manufacturers have in bringing out their new models.
I did have a chat with Terry at Excel, nice guy, although they didn’t have the volaire 390 in stock he said they were expecting in November or December. I still think the volaire is a bit too heavy for me to handle though.
Old 18 October 2020, 16:57   #75

Town: Chelmsford
By Feb March the new T38 From Honwave might be available
Old 18 October 2020, 16:59   #76

Yes, I’ll be taking a look at that when it’s available. Hopefully there will be others to choose from too
Old 18 October 2020, 18:35   #77

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
Have search on cobra radios before you order and look at Cooper blue nylon anchors with some chain very effective
Hi Tel, I think the above comment was a little tounge in cheek. I could be wrong but I don't think HDAV was expecting you to take him seriously!
Take a look at my post:-

https://www.rib.net/forum/f37/standard-horizon-hx300e-or-cobra-mr-hh350-84885.html

Also search about the anchor on this forum!
Old 19 October 2020, 02:54   #78

Hi Steve, I read your post the other day, and it seemed to me then that there might be a few problems with cobra, luckily I have plenty of time to make an informed decision on the radio and the anchor Lol. When I’ve completed my shopping list I was thinking of putting it to you guys on here to see if I get any negativity on the stuff I’ll be considering buying. I could end up with a plastic dingy and a paddle LOL
Old 21 October 2020, 15:54   #79

Town: Eastbourne
Make: Elling K430SL
Engine: 5hp 2T
I have bought a few Ellings from boatpoland.com. Very good English spoken via email and no problems. Regular stock deliveries and EU so no duty to pay (for now at least). Prices given in GBP. If you can pay by credit card or Paypal then you have payment protection insurance. Shipping via DPD was about £60, that's cheaper than within UK!
Old 21 October 2020, 16:34   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richxlt View Post
I have bought a few Ellings from boatpoland.com. Very good English spoken via email and no problems. Regular stock deliveries and EU so no duty to pay (for now at least). Prices given in GBP. If you can pay by credit card or Paypal then you have payment protection insurance. Shipping via DPD was about £60, that's cheaper than within UK!

Very interesting, "a few" not all for your own consumption so where did they go and why are the owners not here boosting the numbers.
I wouldnt have had the bottle to go for my first sib from Poland, I just know mine would have been the Friday afternoon one of damaged in transit, but well done that man.