Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 01 February 2005, 03:41   #81
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwabbit
I would be very interested to find out more about the Ship & Anchor, as diving officer in our club Iím always looking for places the club can spend the odd weekend. So if anyone who knows the place can answer any of the following questions It would be much appreciated.

1. Obviously launching & recovery can only be done at certain times due to the tide, BUT can the river be navigated at all tide states (we would like to do multiple trips during the day)
2. Can the pontoons be used to leave the boat in the water over night, and if so how much do they charge.
3. Harbour fees, do these have to be paid separately or would it be included in any charge for launching/pontoon ?
4. Where is the nearest place to get air?


Thanks for any help
Jackwabbit

A lot of questions , however, best if you were to look up www.littlehamptonport.co.uk Here you will find a lot of useful telephone numbers

I do not think the S & A is the best place for a diving club specially seeing your requirements. Diving clubs tend to use the Littlehampton Marina. They either keep their ribs in the boatpark or tow them down for the day or weekend.

At low water not much can be done and you will have problems in getting out to sea specially with a fully loaded rib

Call the marina on 01903 713553 and my guess is they will provide all the answers or even better come down for the day and see the facilities at first hand

I do not have the tel number of the S & A but I am sure Martyn has it

Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 07:50   #82
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Surrey
Boat name: Juno
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: not yet!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 134
Our Plans

Thanks to Andre & Paul for all the organisation!

We plan to launch on Saturday morning at Chich as usual and hopefully meet up with Solent peeps on the way.

We have booked into the Nelson for Sat night & will need an overnight mooring pleeeeease. Count us both in for dinner on Saturday night Paul.

Would be most grateful if you could also arrange sunny weather and calm seas

Janet and Bill
+ Juno
__________________

__________________
Janet and Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 09:11   #83
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Bill
Thanks to Andre & Paul for all the organisation!

We plan to launch on Saturday morning at Chich as usual and hopefully meet up with Solent peeps on the way.

We have booked into the Nelson for Sat night & will need an overnight mooring pleeeeease. Count us both in for dinner on Saturday night Paul.

Would be most grateful if you could also arrange sunny weather and calm seas

Janet and Bill
+ Juno
Janet , Bill and of course "Juno"

Many thanks for your confirmation.
The best place for mooring for those staying at the Nelson Hotel , Quayside B & B or any other B & B not far from the Nelson is the visitor's mooring by the harbour master's office. Nearer the time we will be speaking to the harbour master cos need to tell him of the planned cruise. Otherwise can you imagine the shock on his face on seeing an armada of 20+ ribs heading his way up the river

By the way we have requested special weather conditions from Neptune but still awaiting a response
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 11:16   #84
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bracknell
Boat name: Boatless and lost
Length: no boat
MMSI: Who?
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
Janet , Bill and of course "Juno"

Many thanks for your confirmation.
The best place for mooring for those staying at the Nelson Hotel , Quayside B & B or any other B & B not far from the Nelson is the visitor's mooring by the harbour master's office. Nearer the time we will be speaking to the harbour master cos need to tell him of the planned cruise. Otherwise can you imagine the shock on his face on seeing an armada of 20+ ribs heading his way up the river

By the way we have requested special weather conditions from Neptune but still awaiting a response
Come now Andre, you know this will only work if we make a suitable offering !!!

I suggest several trips out in the wet stuff Verado style when your new toy arrives to make the relevant offerings and to make a toast to fine weather.

What say you?

Phil
__________________
Phil

Born to stuff!!
Phil Chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 11:41   #85
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Chitty
Come now Andre, you know this will only work if we make a suitable offering !!!

I suggest several trips out in the wet stuff Verado style when your new toy arrives to make the relevant offerings and to make a toast to fine weather.

What say you?

Phil
Well what say I -yes

Several trips we could do if the rib arrives as planned but what to offer

any ideas guys
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 15:31   #86
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Andre we will try the B&B near the Nelson where we stayed for the Powerboat Races.

Looking forward to it

Us
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 15:37   #87
Member
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Pagham Harbour
Boat name: Scallywag
Make: Arran 16
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 327
Wahey were in the Nelson too with four poster action

We need somewhere to moor the boat Saturday night too and food would be nice too.

Thanks Andre and Paul for organising this.

M & A
__________________
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 15:40   #88
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
Wahey were in the Nelson too with four poster action
Hey some of us like our sleep

Us Oldies
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 15:42   #89
Member
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Pagham Harbour
Boat name: Scallywag
Make: Arran 16
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackeens
Hey some of us like our sleep

Us Oldies
Yes, but it will be our second wedding anniversary.....ahhhh

M & A
__________________
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 February 2005, 15:45   #90
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Oh OK then

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh

But keep it down anyway.

Us
__________________

__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.