Old 08 May 2005, 16:29   #341

Town: Leatherhead
Boat name: Pendragon
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 2.93 (other half of 5.85)
Engine: Suzuki DF115
Lith

Hi Andre & Phill
Thanks for a super weekend .Paul & I had a fantastic time. Thank you Phill for making us so welcome on your boat. The meal at the Ship & Ancher was fantastic -one of the best meals I have had for some time.Also we would like to thank Noddy for sorting out the camp site.You are going to have to work twice as hard next year to better this weekend.Thanks again for a great weekend.

Mike & paul
Old 08 May 2005, 19:46   #342

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 V8
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Was a great weekend, was good to meet everyone, and to put names to faces.

A big BIG thank you to Richard and Louise for taking a couple of passengers from Intrepid - I don't think they would have enjoyed the ride half as much

Sorry we didnt join you guys for the evening meal - we were shattered after yesterdays adventure.

On the way back, we had rather large waves, but was fun trying to get used to handling them

Pictures will come soon, I will be sorting out a website for us all to put pictures on, if anyone is interested on putting some pictures up, give me a PM.
Old 08 May 2005, 19:52   #343

Town: Carterton, Oxon
Boat name: Trigger's Broom
Make: FRib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki 15hp 2/s
Send a message via Yahoo to Noddy
Phew - just got my breath back after the Brighton Trip.
I knew I would eventually be useful in my life - didnt think it would be as ballast in Galaxy on the trip back from Brighton - Great day!
What a fantastic weekend many thanks to Andre and Phil.
Also to the friendliest group of people I have met for a long time.
I agree with Mike and Paul that the meal was fantastic - sure I was at the Arun View though, not The Ship and Anchor?
Have loads of pics to post but took them in SHQ - can someone explain how I can reduce them to post them on here?
Anyway thanks again folks
Martyn and Ann
Old 08 May 2005, 20:43   #344

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Arun wanderings...

Tales from The Riverbank

Wind in the Willows...champers and Tropical Prints!

What a sight…so many RIBnetters going round the bend ..or was it so many bends to go round? The river was tranquil as Andre promised and the Black Rabbit (or the ‘Dirty Bunny’ as someone in town rephrased it) was a fantastic oasis amidst castles and cathedrals down Arun way.

I had a ‘heavenly’ time aboard Galaxsea (thanks Tracy and Phil ) and Juno (thanks Janet and Bill). The lark was in the clear air and the willows drooped to order as we rafted ourselves precariously to a rickety structure on the riverbank. After some acrobatic swinging and hauling (it wasn’t pretty but it worked ) we got to pub level safely for wonderful refreshments in an amazing location.

Then came the return journey ; over an hour of pleasant vistas and relaxed chatting as we motored to our various homes for the night. The meal at the Arun View was wonderful and the company excellent!. A special wedding anniversary was toasted ( Antoinette and Martin ) and we got the chance to thank our great hosts, Wiesia and Andre and Tracy and Phil.
Mr. RIBnet himself (JK) was totally resplendent in a Hawaiian Tropical Print which is no doubt getting an airing in time for Glastonbury.
Really nice to see some new peeps as well! As the night grew late and the DJ dragged out the old favourites, the last remaining passengers made their way to the dance floor and it may be safe to say that there might have been hangovers this morning…say no more

As we staggered home to the wonderful range of accommodation (some with ensuite; one with an ensuite that looked like Pete 7 and Rogue Wave had glassed it in of a weekend) we were all tired but happy with our Littlehampton Adventure.

Sincere thanks for your welcome and warmth Littlehampton peeps and hope to see you soon again.

We went for a blast in The Solent today with Antoinette and Martin and popped round the eastward side of the island to spy the Thundercats but the water was a bit lively again so we retired to The Lightship for some recovery-type refreshments.

You all promised to make Littlehampton an annual date in the diary so we look forward to that ( and I hope we don’t see the precious china presentation on EBay any time soon !)

Thanks again peeps….a lovely weekend in great company !

Photos to follow by Pauly!.

missus
Old 08 May 2005, 20:45   #345

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Another big thank you to Andre & Wiesia, Phil & Tracey (hope your back is a bit better now) for organising an excellent weekend. Richard & I can only echo the comments made by others - great to meet new people, lovely meal, brilliant to be in the company of old friends again. Really enjoyed visiting Brighton too and will definitely be back!

Our trip back was 'interesting' (to say the least! ) but uneventful and TomBuoy, Intrepid, Farfetched and Blue Ice all made it back to the Solent safely.

Will post some pictures and links to some short video clips later or more probably tomorrow!
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2005, 21:00   #346

Town: SOUTHAMPTON AREA
Boat name: none
Make: bombard sib
Length: 3m +
Engine: petrol 15/3.5
Big thanks from me to Andre & Wiesia, Phil & Tracey for organising,to Bruce for letting me come along,and to everyone else for some great company.
Others have said what an exciting trip it was back from Brighton today and I wont forget in a hurry powering up a wave front to find nothing the other side but a large drop.It really proved to me once again what a terrifically safe and seaworthy concept the Rib is.
I feel like I,ve been all day in a gym rather then on a Rib!
Old 08 May 2005, 21:34   #347

Town: Pagham Harbour
Boat name: Scallywag
Make: Arran 16
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu
We too had a fantastic weekend and a big thank you to the organisers. Thank you also to 'The Edges' who very kindly welcomed us onboard for the trip on the river - good to meet you two.

Great weekend, with great peeps some old friends and some new ones too.

Looking forward to next year.

Martin & Anto

P.S. we thought about the Solent group returning from Brighton as it was lively around the back of the Island . We are pleased that you all made it back safely .

Until the next time....................................
Old 08 May 2005, 22:20   #348

Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Big thanks to everyone for a superb weekend.
Will post some pics and videos tomorow when i have some energy back.
Old 09 May 2005, 05:39   #349

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
P.S. we thought about the Solent group returning from Brighton as it was lively around the back of the Island . We are pleased that you all made it back safely .
Thanks Martin - it was an"interesting" trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons0
Will post some pics and videos tomorow when i have some energy back.
Dave, I know exactly where you're coming from!
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 May 2005, 07:00   #350

Town: Portchester
Boat name: South Coast Two
Make: Humber
Engine: 90
More thanks

We would like to let everyone know what a wonderful time we all had, we had to miss the dancing but I have heard it was a hoot.

The black rabbit was an experience getting the children up the steps, but the highlight was a strange comment made in the ladies loo.

For those who have seen me out on the RIB it is always in a bright yellow survival suit (yes the very same that the crew of 'Spirit' used) so there I am in the loos trying to undo the zip and a woman came in andd asked 'have you just got off a boat?' and she wasn't even Blonde !!!!

Many thanks to everyone who attended you made it a great friendly weekend.

I would also like to say well done to John Kennett who managed to wind up No 3 tadpole AKA my eldest daughter a real treat.

Cheers
Old 09 May 2005, 07:04   #351
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglover
No 3 tadpole AKA my eldest daughter
Surely the lovely Danielle, aka "tomato girl", is number one tadpole?

Good to see her so keen on boating

John
Old 09 May 2005, 07:08   #352

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglover
We would like to let everyone know what a wonderful time we all had, we had to miss the dancing but I have heard it was a hoot.
A hoot it was Kathryn...highlight was the local 82 year old regular who boogied all nite . Some RIBnetters were on form too

missus
Old 09 May 2005, 07:10   #353

Town: Portchester
Boat name: South Coast Two
Make: Humber
Engine: 90
Yes

I have too many tadpoles so keep getting them mixed up !!

But she prefers to be No 1

She has already asked when we are going out next !!!

Cheers
Old 09 May 2005, 08:08   #354

Town: St Albans
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Ribcraft 585
Engine: 140 Suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
We too had a fantastic weekend and a big thank you to the organisers. Thank you also to 'The Edges' who very kindly welcomed us onboard for the trip on the river - good to meet you two.

Great weekend, with great peeps some old friends and some new ones too.

Looking forward to next year.

Martin & Anto

Until the next time....................................
It was a pleasure Martin. Anytime
see you soon on the Solent

Andrew & Bec
Old 09 May 2005, 08:19   #355

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Guys

we are thrilled that you all had a great time and have lots of good memories and sadly pains for the next few days to bring back those memories.

Wiesia and I are very pleased that the Solent group got back OK and what a trip back

Look forward to viewing all the photos/videos and will post some over the next few days

Jackeens (Kathleen and Paul) your summary of the event is priceless most enjoyable reading

It was great to meet new people and put faces to names.

This was the second unofficial RibNet Littlehampton Rib Cruise and we have no choice now but to start planning the 2006 event

Anyway I am sure some of you will be back to LA during the forcoming weeks/months . We look forward to seeing you again on the water
Old 09 May 2005, 08:39   #356

Town: St Albans
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Ribcraft 585
Engine: 140 Suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
Guys

we are thrilled that you all had a great time and have lots of good memories and sadly pains for the next few days to bring back those memories.

Wiesia and I are very pleased that the Solent group got back OK and what a trip back

Look forward to viewing all the photos/videos and will post some over the next few days

Jackeens (Kathleen and Paul) your summary of the event is priceless most enjoyable reading

It was great to meet new people and put faces to names.

Thanks Andre
Here goes our first photo post

This was the second unofficial RibNet Littlehampton Rib Cruise and we have no choice now but to start planning the 2006 event

Anyway I am sure some of you will be back to LA during the forcoming weeks/months . We look forward to seeing you again on the water
Andre
Thanks for your hospitality
Great weekend and good to meet so many nice people
First photo attached I hope
Regards
Andrew
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0380_1_1_1_3_1.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	11759  
Old 09 May 2005, 09:57   #357

Town: Lymington
Boat name: Farfetched
Make: Solent Ribs
Engine: 150hp Suzuki
MMSI: 235021048
Health Warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise
Our trip back was ..... uneventful....
Louise, please tell me when you and Richard plan an 'eventful' trip and I will emmigrate well beforehand!

Thanks Andre, Paul, Richard, everyone for an amazing weekend. Will post more later.

Eventful in my book is:

1) going straight up the side of a monster wave by the Outer Owers and seeing it start to break just before you get to the top and having to really power diagonally to avoid the breaking water. Thank you Optimax, and to Paul and Harry for being so supportive....
2) trying to beat Blue Ice and Intrepid in some chop racing up Southampton water without losing Harry off the back! Richard, that extra metre does make a difference!!

Cheers

Bruce
Old 09 May 2005, 10:07   #358

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Bruce, Timboli Richard, Louise, David , Harry , Benc and crew

my hat goes off to you guys and 1 bow for each rib for undertaking that passage and trouble free returning home

Old 09 May 2005, 10:07   #359

Town: Surrey
Boat name: Juno
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: not yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucehawsker
1) going straight up the side of a monster wave by the Outer Owers and seeing it start to break just before you get to the top and having to really power diagonally to avoid the breaking water. Thank you Optimax, and to Paul and Harry for being so supportive....
Boy, am I glad we towed to LAmpton
Old 09 May 2005, 10:41   #360

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucehawsker
Louise, please tell me when you and Richard plan an 'eventful' trip and I will emmigrate well beforehand!
You know what I mean - 'uneventful' as in no problems or incidents!

Big respect to Dave, Harry, Bruce and Paul for doing it in smaller boats - it was uncomfortable enough in Blue Ice! And big respect to Ben for doing it in a boat he's only had for a month and to Bruce for doing it as a comparative 'newbie' to RIBbing! I was also amazed at how uncomplaining our passengers (Jodie & Shannon) were. They never seemed fazed at all and there were no complaints from them about getting cold and wet. It was a pleasure to have them on board! Ray was also a good guy to have on board on Saturday and they are a great family all round!

Let's just hope for better conditions for the next one! My body needs a good few weeks to recover!
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote