Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 06 May 2005, 11:38   #301
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bracknell
Boat name: Boatless and lost
Length: no boat
MMSI: Who?
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 531
Looks like top weather this afternoon mate.

I'll call you later.

Phil
__________________

__________________
Phil

Born to stuff!!
Phil Chitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 13:01   #302
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edges
Great job Andre
Please can you PM me your mobile no I would like to go out with the welcome party with Becky if not too rough. Or as crew if anyone will have me !if she doesn't fancy it
ETA at Lampton marina 9.30 for launch
Cheers
Andrew
PM sent. No problem we can accomodate you but I am sure you would prefer to go out on your own rib
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 13:11   #303
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Length: 6m +
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,082
Sorry if you have already explained this elsewhere, but what is the plan for saturday afternoon?
__________________
simmons0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 14:16   #304
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons0
Sorry if you have already explained this elsewhere, but what is the plan for saturday afternoon?
It was my intention to repeat the programe so this is what we have in mind

Once we all meet we head up river at a slow pace of 6 knots
we pass on route the Ship & Anchor and Arundel and Arundel Castle

We stop at the Black Rabbit and enjoy a picnic or pub lunch (this trip will last about 3-4 hours so we will be heading back with the tide

When we get back I suggest we all check in our respective B & Bs and meet later in the Arun View for the evening meal say at 7 PM

The next day after breakfast say 9:00AM we can meet by the visitor's mooring (Harbour Master's office) and head for Brighton Marina for lunch (the short stay charge at the marina is 6.00 per rib

Is this acceptable?
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 14:53   #305
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portchester, Hants.
Length: no boat
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 584
Send a message via AIM to Aging Youth Send a message via Yahoo to Aging Youth
Updated Plans

Hi All,

I have just spoken with the JACKEENS and both Myself, Paul & Martin have all decided to drive to Littlehampton by car and not risk the weather forecast.


I hope this does not inconvenience anyone that we had arranged to meet.

For those of you who are still travelling by boat and are leaving later in the day.

Please remember the tidal gate on the Sandbar at Littlehampton you might not get in if the tide is too low.

See you in Littlehampton
__________________
Aging Youth
Aging Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 15:04   #306
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Length: 6m +
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,082
We still plan to do the trip, the bad weather forecast is from metcheck.com, which said it was blowing a force 7 while andre was taking pictures of millpond conditions.

The current Inshore waters forecast for North foreland to Selsey Bill is as follows:

Quote:
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: west 6 or 7 veering northwest 4 or 5
Weather: rain then scattered showers.
Visibility: moderate becoming good.
Sea State: moderate becoming slight later
We also want to see the Jackeens boat in action

Evidently the forecast isn't perfect, but the wind is dying through the weekend and the return journey head into it shouldnt be too bad.
__________________
simmons0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 15:24   #307
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Length: 6m +
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,082
Ah, that forecast has since been updated.
Now reads:
Quote:
24 hour forecast:
Wind: west or southwest 4 or 5, increasing 6 or 7 for a time overnight, perhaps gale 8 for a time in east, veering northwest on saturday.
Weather: rain for a time then scattered showers.
Visibility: moderate or good.
Sea State: slight building moderate or rough for a time.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: northwest 4 or 5.
Weather: mainly fair.
Visibility: good.
Sea State: slight.
Still planning to go ahead with the trip though, looks like it will be windy over night and then veer NW and drop throughout Saturday.
We'll plan to go ahead with it and make the decision tomorow morning, if the wind doesn't drop then we have no wish to make the crossing in a F8, we're counting on that being down from a 6-7 to a F5-6 by the time we leave.
__________________
simmons0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 15:25   #308
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Aylesbury/Lymington
Boat name: Farfetched
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150hp Optimax
MMSI: 235021048
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 859
I am confused. I want to do the trip based on fabulous conditions in Lymington, but am not going to do it, even with Timboli, unless we are part of a group and there are others for support.

Can someone tell me if I am in danger.... either of the weather or turning up at the Barrier and finding noone else there....

Thanks

Bruce
__________________
brucehawsker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 15:50   #309
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,457
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucehawsker
I am confused. I want to do the trip based on fabulous conditions in Lymington, but am not going to do it, even with Timboli, unless we are part of a group and there are others for support.

Can someone tell me if I am in danger.... either of the weather or turning up at the Barrier and finding noone else there....

Thanks

Bruce
Bruce

as I now understand only Blue Ice, Tombouy, Intrepid and you are ready to come by sea. May I suggest you get in touch with Richard B who will be leaving from the Humber and buddy up together and then meet up with the other 2 ribs

I had a word with the LAmpton harbour master this afternoon and he said that it should be ok inshore and no problems in taking the short cut

Tony Hancock just called me to say that the sea is flat off LA
where is this F7?

Phil & I are going to meet at 7:45 on the West beach and will call Richard B on the mobile with the LA forecast

Pls let us know what your plans will be and ETA either the Street of Owers

we will head out to be there say 10:30 and will call you on CH77
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2005, 15:56   #310
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: SOLD
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 794
Andre
I will be launching from Littlehampton Marina what time do you want to meet
Roy
Ps is true they do a mean bacon roll at the marina
__________________

__________________
Roy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.