Old 27 September 2017, 02:56   #1

Town: Toronto
Make: Highfield
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 115XB
Stryker T-Tops

Anybody here have any experience good or bad with these Stryker T-tops?

Powder Coated Black T-Top for Boats by Stryker | Adjustable Design Fits Center Console up to 48" Wide

looking to see what aftermarket options exist that don't mortgage my kids' weddings and college tuition to get a hard cover. currently I have a basic bimini that is fine with the family swimming, but looking for something more sturdy when out diving in less than ideal conditions.

Boat is a Highfield OM 590.

Cheers,
Neil
Old 28 September 2017, 03:23   #2

Town: sydney
Length: no boat
Also keen to hear advice for my OM640 need one for the weather down under.
Old 29 September 2017, 03:44   #3

Town: Simi Valley
Length: 4m +
I was very close to getting a Stryker but went with a Dolphin. The Stryker seems higher quality but they didn't have one quite small enough for my boat and the price was a bit better on the Dolphin. One thing to consider is that powder coat looks great at first but will scratch and fade over time. At some point it will start to get gnarly looking.

Another thing to think about with adding a top is how you are going to stabilize it. If your console is thin you may have to get creative. I had a side brace welded into mine so I could tie it into the top of my console.

The worked for about 15 runs of hitting it hard on the way to our local islands. Then I ran to an island about 5o miles from harbor in some fairly nasty conditions with broke the welds on the brace. Then on the way home it snapped both front tubes. I know this leads you to think the top was shit but in all reality I was hammering the dog out of it and the failures all happened at the added weld from my brace.

We since added two more cross ties and I haven't had a problem yet. I'll also add that I travel with a quiver of spearguns up top every run and sometimes have camping gear or excess junk for longer runs.

I really love the addition of the top and it has really been great for getting out of the sun, hand holds and getting gear up above. If you're up for the install I highly recommend it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	burra SBI.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	122005

Name:	IMG_0654.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	122006

Name:	IMG_0742.jpg