Old 15 September 2012, 09:54   #1

Town: southbourne uk
Boat name: pacific safety
Make: pacicfic 22
Length: 10m +
Engine: inboard 140hp deisel
Robert Walker

Hi Guys

Just recently the bottom leg of my pac 22 exploded losing me all the gears and prop etc, I was tearing my hair out trying to find somewhere to obtain new/second hand parts to get me back on the water.
Steve ayub contacted me on e-mail and gave me the phone number of this guy, Simon Dann on 07764151051 at Folly Farm P/Code TA203JL in Ilminster near Devon.
Anyway the outcome was that he is very experienced on all problem with the Pac22 and has the ability to obtain parts. He is a great guy and so helpful both on the phone and by personal contact and has all the time in the world to talk to you. He is a wonder for tips and does and donts for the Pac.
The outcome was that I managed through Simon to get the bits I needed to get back on the water.
From talking to him I have reaslised that he has no problem in talking to youse guys at any time so give him a call. You will not be dissapointed.
I also discovered the firm Henderon Bearings at Ringwood near Bournemouth who have all the bearings you may need for the Pac on the shelf at the right prices eg Bottom leg shaft bearings which they sell at just over £15 each compared to Lancing marines price of over £80 each. They also stock bearing compatable with other makes of marine stuff. Give them a try.
If using Lancing be very cautious they are loading their prices. It is cheaper to get parts in the states than to deal with them.

Hope this post is helpful to every one.
Speak with you all soon

Bob Walker