Old 05 September 2005, 21:03   #101

Town: Dartmouth
Boat name: TIDEL III
Make: AVON SEARIDER
jono ribeye made the first two or three sets then eurocraft made some followed by olmec and now myself as with everything else it all goes round in circles just to confuse us all
Old 06 September 2005, 07:47   #102

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Have you had yer axe out again Lanky?
Old 06 September 2005, 10:56   #103
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Have you had yer axe out again Lanky?
You talking to me?

It's been an interesting discussion, but my thread trimming axe has remained holstered so far. Are you hallucinating again?

John
Old 06 September 2005, 11:31   #104

Town: Worcestershire
Make: Various
Engine: O/B + Sterndrives Di
JonoSomeone out with an axe Jono?
www.day-do-doh-dont-day.com
Old 06 September 2005, 11:57   #105

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
You talking to me?

It's been an interesting discussion, but my thread trimming axe has remained holstered so far. Are you hallucinating again?

John
As you can see... I gave my medication to Steve...

.. I was referring to the fact that signature lines appear on some posts but not on others (By the same "member")..
Old 09 September 2005, 19:35   #106

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribraff
Now here i was all geared up to put in my side of the story which i am sure many people would like to hear. Having read your post Jono i think you are right. This is an issue between David Farmer (Domino) and myself.
For that reason i do find it odd Mr Tilley that you seem to be screaming louder than anyone else on this issue.
I,m afraid i will very respectfully have to disagree with Jono I would very much like to hear Olmecs side of things.This does not have to be anything other than an adult discussion.I and hundreds of other people(looking at the five thousand veiws .Hits.This thread has had.Will only be thinking that without a doubt the accusations placed at Olmec are true.
Old 09 September 2005, 20:30   #107

Quote:
Now here i was all geared up to put in my side of the story which i am sure many people would like to hear. Having read your post Jono i think you are right. This is an issue between David Farmer (Domino) and myself.
For that reason i do find it odd Mr Tilley that you seem to be screaming louder than anyone else on this issue.
You shouldnt find it odd I and many others who have PM ,d me find this fraudulant use of Ce plates a concern as once a trader has your money youve been got by the short and curlys
Old 09 September 2005, 21:12   #108

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
PUBLIC NOTICE: For those whose interest in this seemingly endless and increasingly convoluted thread may be waning somewhat, may I point you in the direction of Gavin's 'Land Rover oil problems' thread, which has reached a veritable zenith of excitement and where you will find Codprawn expounding the virtues of the Bristol Centaurus aircraft engine which, as I'm sure you're all well aware, was an 18-cylinder, air-cooled, radial piston design featuring sleeved valves, a displacement of 3,270 inches and a horsepower rating of 2,480..........
Old 09 September 2005, 21:36   #109

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
and a horsepower rating of 2,480..........
That's over 80times the size of your hairdryer. In't it about time you got a propper RIB, how about a V-type ?
Old 09 September 2005, 21:41   #110

Town: Somerset
Make: Halmatic P22
Engine: 150 Diesel
Have to agree with NoFear on this - although it's approaching soap opera proportions!

I for one would still like to know if Olmec copied and sold as their own design, without approval, another companies product - YES or NO?

Second, does this copy carry a CE plate that refers to another vessel - YES or NO?

Who worked for whom and when is all very interesting but doesn't actually address the pertinent points. Come on Olmec - YES or NO!
Old 09 September 2005, 22:09   #111

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Davies
PUBLIC NOTICE: For those whose interest in this seemingly endless and increasingly convoluted thread may be waning somewhat, may I point you in the direction of Gavin's 'Land Rover oil problems' thread, which has reached a veritable zenith of excitement and where you will find Codprawn expounding the virtues of the Bristol Centaurus aircraft engine which, as I'm sure you're all well aware, was an 18-cylinder, air-cooled, radial piston design featuring sleeved valves, a displacement of 3,270 inches and a horsepower rating of 2,480..........
Yah your only jealous because my RIB will have one and yours wont!!!
Old 10 September 2005, 10:43   #112

CE Plates

There is no fraudulent use of CE plates being used on any vessels which have been supplied by us. This vessel is still under construction and a HIN number was put on the boat by the laminating company in error.
Domino has come onto this forum with the sole intention of discrediting my company name. He has made accusations against me which are untrue and slanderous. I am not going to post a long drawn out explanation of what has happened for the benefit of no fear to launch an attack at me. He and no doubt others have heard only one side of this story.
I will however say this, I, along with a considerable amount of other traders who have dealt with Mr Farmer have very serious issues with him which is currently being looked in to. He has painted a very glossy picture of himself which is simply not true.

Mr Randall, please let it be known that i will not reply to any questions which you fire directly at me as i do not believe that your prejudice against me has any grounding based on the information you have been fed.
Old 10 September 2005, 11:23   #113

So is it untrue

1.Coastline has recently rejected tubes fitted by you and Henshaws fitted theirs 2.The tubes you did for Revenger on boat a last years show kept going down. 3 .Pro -sport rejected tubes and bad quality of work. I could go on. When we spend our hard earned money we deserve what we pay for not what we get dished up.So in my opinion untill you start doing better work why should anyone spend their money with you
Old 10 September 2005, 11:27   #114

Town: Cornwall
Boat name: None
Make: None
Length: no boat
Attack is the best form of defence

[QUOTE=ribraff] There is no fraudulent use of CE plates being used on any vessels which have been supplied by us. This vessel is still under construction and a HIN number was put on the boat by the laminating company in error.
Domino has come onto this forum with the sole intention of discrediting my company name. He has made accusations against me which are untrue and slanderous. I am not going to post a long drawn out explanation of what has happened for the benefit of no fear to launch an attack at me. He and no doubt others have heard only one side of this story.
I will however say this, I, along with a considerable amount of other traders who have dealt with Mr Farmer have very serious issues with him which is currently being looked in to. He has painted a very glossy picture of himself which is simply not true.

Tell me Ed why dont you just return the mold that you made of my hull like you said you would, say sorry and we will forget all about it?
Old 10 September 2005, 11:29   #115

Why don't you start telling the truth?
Old 10 September 2005, 11:31   #116

Town: Cornwall
Boat name: None
Make: None
Length: no boat
I will give you a ring in a few minutes

Ed

Iwill give you a call, lets see if we can settle this in a proffesional manner
Old 02 October 2005, 13:31   #117

[QUOTE=domino]
Quote:
There is no fraudulent use of CE plates being used on any vessels which have been supplied by us. This vessel is still under construction and a HIN number was put on the boat by the laminating company in error.

Tell me Ed why dont you just return the mold that you made of my hull like you said you would, say sorry and we will forget all about it?
Things have been very quiet is this because of the boat show if so its finnish now so whats happened guys
Old 21 November 2005, 11:17   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono

People know that some sets of tubes from Olmec have had problems. There is no dispute there, I have seen them myself. The reasons for the problems are really only known to the people involved, the rest is speculation.
Are there ny reasons why our searafting-company should not use Olemc on our 34 feet rib which is being built right now? We use the boats as hard as we can, and up to 500 hours pr. season.
Old 21 November 2005, 23:03   #119

Town: kingsbridge
Make: Quicksilver 430HD
Engine: 25
olmec

Quality work

www.v-type.com
Old 27 November 2005, 14:22   #120