Old 01 February 2010, 13:59   #1

Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard 150
5.4 searider on ebay

hi
looking for general opinions of the searider thats on ebay at moment with the offshore a-frame?(sorry dont know how to post link). what would the big foot yamaha 60 be like on it? is it geared wrong for a lighter boat?
any opinions would be welcomed
Old 01 February 2010, 16:41   #2

Town: Scillies
Boat name: Freedom
Make: Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 2st 90
I had a 60 when I originally bought my boat. I rapidly upped to
a 90 2 st and she is a much better boat for it and actually uses LESS fuel and oil as I am not running the engine so hard.

With the 60 you will find she is slow onto the plane if you have more than 2 or 3 people on board or are towing.

Ian
Old 01 February 2010, 16:52   #3

Length: 6m +
Engine: outboard 150
thanks ian
if i can get it for right price do u think it will be usable with the 60? it will mostly be used 3 up with quite a bit of diving gear or would u steer clear? im not sure about it being the bigfoot model either as i thought they were more for larger craft maybe hardys and the like?
the thing that most attracts me to it is it looks like i can leave it on a mooring and not have to worry too much about it as it looks a bit of a sh*t kicker already.
Old 02 February 2010, 06:51   #4

Town: Scillies
Boat name: Freedom
Make: Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 2st 90
Depends on what price you can get it for. You will want to put a bigger engine on if you are talking 3 plus full dive kit. It will go onto the plane but will take longer to do so. ie once all the water is out of the flooding hull. You could always block up the flooding hull but then it becomes harder to get back into the boat after your dive.

I leave my boat on it's mooring from Late March until early November so no problem there except for having to acid wash the hull a few times per season or you could anti foul.

Ian
Old 02 February 2010, 08:40   #5

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
If you're looking for a Yamaha 2-stroke (90hp), there's one for sale on the Isle of man. Only downside is you'd have to collect personally - no shipping. Nearly went for it myself, but cost and logistics of uplifting from Scotland put me off. Excellent dealer to liaise with though - top bloke. http://www.outboard-services.com/