Old 06 September 2021, 02:14   #1

Town: Soldotna, AK
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Zodiac Newbie Rambles

Hey y’all just joined the forums; also fresh to ribs. Checkout the pics and say what ya think. I just moved to Alaska and inflatable boats are abundant up here. I found this one on Craigslist for a pretty good deal although it isn’t by any means in perfect shape… What do you guys think of the transom? The fabric appears to be coming loose on the right side inside and on the top right it’s coming apart. I had it on the water with a 15 hp 2 stroke and it seemed to do ok. No significant leaks in the floor or the tubes. Also do I have the floor boards and rails in correctly? The rails don’t catch the front panel which seams a bit odd. There are a few other things like the oar locks etc but the patches seem to be good. It stays tight for a couple weeks before I have to air it up again. I think the fabric is hypalon? correct me if I’m wrong. It can’t find the data tag on it but the back of the transom says something like MK 01. It’d be nice to know the specs… it measures about 15 1/2 feet from stem to the back of the tubes. I’m willing to give it love, time, and a handful of $$. Anyway there ya go. If your bored I’d love to here your thoughts. -AKribkicker

Old 06 September 2021, 17:50   #3

Town: Maybole
Boat name: Greylag
Make: AVON Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Outboard Petrol 70hp
Hi AK - this is like buses here in Scotland - never seen one before and 2 arrive! My Pal here has one of these for sale along with a trailer. They look and are very robust - now we can guess his is EX USN and not Royal Navy. The guys here will give you good advice. Best wishes with the tidy up. Iain
Old 06 September 2021, 21:26   #5

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Those image links work fine. You need to be logged in to view them properly.

For the transom repair - read this. It's an old thread - plenty pictures. https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/zodiac...air-48320.html

Your boat material is hypalon - so you need 2-part hypalon glue, solvent to degrease, decent ambient temperatures with low humidity and plenty ventilation.

Tags
zodiac