Old 22 September 2017, 17:57   #1

Town: Faget Abbatial
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: oars
New member in south west France

Hi all,
I am new to ribs and boating except for some experience sailing as a kid but I love finding and repairing junk.
I was lucky enough to find an old Zodiac mark 2 from the late 70s. A sailing centre was closing down and they were chucking loads of old windsurf board, sails and lifejackets and their safety boat. I picked up a half dozen life jackets and the zodiac literally out of a skip. I was told that the zodiac just needs a couple of new valves and one of the floor boards needs replacing. Ok so it is a well used boat but surely worth saving????

The valves are two way and there seems to be a bulk head between the port and starboard tubes and the bow tube, which I assume is a safety feature, so when you fill it, the air goes down a pipe into the side tube and directly into the bow tube at the same time and then by turning the valve, you lock off both supplies. I can't see if the valves really need replacing so I plan to repair the main leaks before working out if I need to change the valves.

It is made from hypalon. There is a leak in the keel tube and the rubber cone on the back of the port tube is dead. I have sourced new cones but does anyone have any experience replacing cones? Looks like a tricky job.
Also I am wondering if the floor material would also be hypalon, it seems to be a different texture?
Thanks for any info and looking forward to getting this boat back in the water one day
Old 22 September 2017, 18:05   #2

Town: Faget Abbatial
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: oars
Photos of boat

Tomorrow I will post a photo of the whole boat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Transom_plate.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	113.9 KB