Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > RIBnet Europe
Click Here to Login

Old 22 July 2007, 11:39   #1

Town: Fordingbridge
Boat name: No Name
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
That's it I've had enough of this weather

Need your help. This year I finally got the Rib ready, and now all this dang rain is ruining the summer so I'm off to Majorca for a week of sun.
The question is does anyone out there know where I can hire a rib for a week?
Nothing fancy, might be nice to have a 7Mtr with 200hp, but I guess something a bit smaller would get us about. Soif anyone has any ideas or maybe you've been there before please let me know.
Old 22 July 2007, 11:58   #2

Town: Valencia
Length: no boat
hi all, I pity all you readers in UK as soon as the schools break up the rain clouds appear.

I live near Valencia on the mainland so canīt comment on Majorca but reckon on 50% more than mainland prices as the island season is short, based on Ibiza experience.

Zodiac Medline range is available for charter here, the 2c with a 90hp is 310e per day plus fuel. Spanish regs to charter is a TITULIN, or papers & I am not sure if the ICC for Brits is sufficient. If it isnīt you are limited to 50hp so itīs a Medline 1.

Bring your snorkelling gear & make sure you get a bimini or you will fry! The Med is 30 degrees at the moment & the nightime temps only fall to 25 degrees, up to 35 in the day & thatīs in the shade.

Quick plug if I am allowed (grovel) I have a couple of September weeks avail on my rental villa (private pool, air con, UK TV) & Iīd do a good deal for any Ribnetters, & Iīd throw in a dayīs ribbing!

Cheers all,
Old 22 July 2007, 12:15   #3

You haven't got availability in August have you ? Sorting out the RIb hire and place to stay in one would be better
Old 22 July 2007, 12:27   #4

Town: Valencia
Length: no boat
no sorry August is long gone for me, look at www.holiday-rentals or www.holiday-lettings at Denia area & you should find something. Anything left now should be highly negotiable so offer the owner (by phone, explain you are a responsible family used to taking rental properties) c 300 GBP pw for a beach apartment with shared pool, c 500 GBP pw for a villa with private pool. Ignore his posted prices as it would have let by now if it was priced correctly.

If the owner wonīt budge on price just move on - thereīs lots of competition. Fly on a sunday & return on a friday & the flight prices will be a lot lower. Hire car is easy - 100 GBP pw from Carjet.com.

Hope it helps, pm if you find your way over here & Iīll take you out on the boat for a day.
Old 22 July 2007, 12:55   #5

Thanks for the info - I'm off to spend a couple of hours looking on the Interweb thingy.
If we get to the Valencia area instead of Majorca I'll give you a call