Old 18 December 2020, 14:05   #1

Length: under 3m
Returning member with new boat

Just thought I'd say Hello again, had some great help on here a few years ago when I started sibbing with a Chinese Phoenix 2.7m, that was eventually destroyed in storage by mice....

I've now got better storage haha and recently picked up an unused but 6 year old Honwave T35 Alu. Floor. I have a Mercury 6hp four stroke for it just now but will likely up that to a 10 or 15 over the coming months if it seems the 6 struggles to shift the boat and me around (which in fairness I think it will). I'm in Teignmouth down in South Devon, plenty of launch spots nearby and intend doing more of the same, playing around on the estuary and pootling up and down the coast. Can't imagine I'll go very far out to sea as I love the little coves and spots up and down our little bit of coastline, but will likely drop a fishing line in the water while I'm out.

Have a few projects in my sights - launching wheels, I like the peli case thread so I'll be pinching some of those ideas, I liked the bow locker/bench that was recently posted on here so might do something like that, coming up with comfier seating for the occasions my wife will be out with me, maybe something to help me get back into the boat as I like getting out for a swim now and then too... and I'm 'generously proportioned' hahaha so clambering over the side might be a bit of an ask - I have done it with some of the rowing boats (local Seine boats) that I row/cox but it's not exactly dignified

Nice to be here!
Old 18 December 2020, 14:09   #2

Town: N. Devon
Boat name: (Not Another) Nutkin
Make: Highfield
Length: 6m +
Engine: Outboard, Honda 135
MMSI: 232036183
RIBase
Welcome back, regularly cruising that area so will say hi one day soon

Bude Dive Club - www.budediveclub.co.uk
GAFIRS - www.gafirs.org.uk
treerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2020, 16:41   #3

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Hi Kaferboy, welcome back. I get down to Newton Abbot a couple of times a year maybe next time I'm down you can show me around your favourite launch sites.
Old 18 December 2020, 17:45   #4

Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
Welcome back. I feel your pain. I was without a boat for a few years after one was eaten by mice.
Old 18 December 2020, 21:41   #5

Town: Budajenő
Length: 4m +
Hi! Thank you for your inclusion. Now I want to buy an LED brand RIB boat without a motor. What are your opinions? How old is this boat? How many years does such a hypalon material live? When will it go bankrupt? When was this RIB boat made?
How much does it worth? I'm sending pictures. Thank you for your answers! Péter from Hungary.
Old 19 December 2020, 07:08   #6

Thanks Folks! Speter I'm sorry I'm struggling to understand your post. Your English no doubt better than my Hungarian though...
Old 19 December 2020, 08:15   #7

Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by speter View Post
Hi! Thank you for your inclusion. Now I want to buy an LED brand RIB boat without a motor. What are your opinions? How old is this boat? How many years does such a hypalon material live? When will it go bankrupt? When was this RIB boat made?
How much does it worth? I'm sending pictures. Thank you for your answers! Péter from Hungary.
As far as I can tell from a quick Google search, and LED Rib is a rigid inflatable boat made by Nautica.

Searches show Nautica Led Inflatable boats available for rent or hire in the Greek islands.

It is not a brand that I have come across in the UK. I do not know what is available in Hungary.
Old 19 December 2020, 08:25   #8

Click image for larger version

Name:	118996402_2578313759147783_3619790870455588200_o.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	135818

Name:	119021152_2578315685814257_6578491600914352164_o.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	221.3 KB
ID:	135819

Hi, Sorry but the pictures were left behind yesterday. This RIB boat would be what I want to buy. Not too old? Should I buy this? How many more years can I use it? How many years does Hypalon material break down? Thank you for your answers!
Old 19 December 2020, 08:30   #9

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Hi specter, I think it would be better if you started your own thread about the RIByou want to buy. You will get more information and answers.
Old 19 December 2020, 08:31   #10

Name:	20201217_114907.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	135820

Name:	20201217_114543.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	135821

These are also fresh pictures. The seller does not know how old. i don't want to have to throw it out in a few years because it's going to go bust. I want to use it with my family. Therefore, it is important how many years the hypalon material lasts. 10-20-30 years? Thanks! I can't speak English, I'm writing in translations. : lol: :menő:
Old 19 December 2020, 08:34   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve509926 View Post
Hi specter, I think it would be better if you started your own thread about the RIByou want to buy. You will get more information and answers.

All right. I am trying to open a new forum about my purchase. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.: thumbs:
Old 19 December 2020, 14:22   #12

Town: Paignton
Make: sunsport
Engine: Mercury 9.9
Hi, I'm new to sibbing recently bought a new sunsport 3.5 and Mercury 9.9. Only been out once (see my first outing failure thread) waiting for Spring now. I'm in paignton only recently moved here, it has a fantastic coast line cant wait till spring. I launch from Brixham so maybe see you around sometime.
Old 19 December 2020, 23:07   #13

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Welcome back Kaferboy. I owned the Honwave T35 with alloy floor a while back and rated it as a very stable and workmanlike SIB. It was quite heavy and took a bit more pushing on the water than lighter air floors.

A 6hp will probably push it at maximum displacement speed though under all conditions but I guess you'd like to plane?

We spent two weeks sibbing from Teignmouth a few years back and had a great time. We were based at Ringmore and our nearby slip was a bit tide dependent. Also the entrance was a bit lively at times.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Teignmouth bar.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	135856  
Old 20 December 2020, 20:37   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsport350 View Post
Hi, I'm new to sibbing recently bought a new sunsport 3.5 and Mercury 9.9. Only been out once (see my first outing failure thread) waiting for Spring now. I'm in paignton only recently moved here, it has a fantastic coast line cant wait till spring. I launch from Brixham so maybe see you around sometime.
Will keep an eye out Sunsport! Where've you moved from? The bay from Brixham is great I used to sail from Torquay Marina over that way, very nice!
Old 20 December 2020, 20:39   #15

Hi, moved from Walsall
Old 20 December 2020, 20:42   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Welcome back Kaferboy. I owned the Honwave T35 with alloy floor a while back and rated it as a very stable and workmanlike SIB. It was quite heavy and took a bit more pushing on the water than lighter air floors.

A 6hp will probably push it at maximum displacement speed though under all conditions but I guess you'd like to plane?

We spent two weeks sibbing from Teignmouth a few years back and had a great time. We were based at Ringmore and our nearby slip was a bit tide dependent. Also the entrance was a bit lively at times.
Planing, although not priority number 1 Fenlander, is something that it would be nice to at least have the ability to achieve... I will also be using the boat to support a few teams in a couple of the local rowing races (when I'm not pulling an oar myself) so might be useful to be able to cover ground quickly if needed.

I have a little sailing dinghy moored at The Strand by Ringmore - just in front of the houses by that little (and almost unknown) slipway at Ringmore, I'm guessing the one you're talking about. There's about 6 or 7 little slipways dotted around there in addition to the more well known (and fee paying) Polly Steps launch by Teignmouth Docks, its' a very convenient place to own a little easily wheel launched boat!

thanks for the welcome back folks
Old 20 December 2020, 20:45   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsport350 View Post
Hi, moved from Walsall
I'm from up country myself (Madeley, just past Keele Uni in the direction of Crewe) - it was a great move, love living by the coast.
Old 20 December 2020, 21:02   #18

Me too
Old 21 December 2020, 09:30   #19

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>> moored at The Strand by Ringmore

Ahh yes... that's where we stayed a couple of houses up from the slip. With the SIB ready set up on the drive for two weeks being yards from the slip made it so easy to launch but on several occasions it was a bit frustrating to wait for the water to get near enough the slip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Ringmore slip Aerotec.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	212.6 KB
ID:	135861  
Old 10 February 2021, 08:26   #20

All the excitement of a solid day of sunshine over the weekend saw me trial inflating the boat. First time I've put in one of the aluminium floors, and yes it was a little awkward. Sure I will get better at it, and the fact that the PVC was very cold can't have helped matters. Left it inflated for a couple of days to check for leaks and I do think I have one in the keel that runs below the floor, so will have to sort that, but the main tubes were all nice and hard still.

It was also the first opportunity to try out my Decathlon Itwit electric pump. Worked well I must say.

Anyway, being an excitable type I had to take some pics haha