Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 28 May 2023, 14:01   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: dawlish
Make: avon searider/bom380
Length: 4m +
Engine: merc 50 2 stroke
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 323
Pricing my inflatable

As I don't use it now, was considering whether to sell my bombard aerotec 380 with steering ,no repairs in great condition
It's got a mariner 25hp , just had new impellor and gear oil , Remotes and steering and Launch wheels fitted
Wanted any advice on what this outfit would be worth now ?
__________________
Dino89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2023, 14:43   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 2-stroke
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,052
A major factor will he the year it was made.
__________________
Fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2023, 16:20   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: dawlish
Make: avon searider/bom380
Length: 4m +
Engine: merc 50 2 stroke
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 323
Can't find year on boat , but engine looks like 2005 MA25M
Taken photos of plates 9n boat and the serial ends in 05 if that's a clue , engine still has tiller so can be used with or without steering
__________________
Dino89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 09:55   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Make: avon adventure 4.5
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp e-tec
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 306
That's a near 20y old aerotec, so will be nearing the onset of glue failure. That is how mine died in the end, bits just fell off (including the transom, at sea). It will definitely impact value sadly
__________________
rik_elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 10:32   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: reiver 3.8/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: 40hp 2st 2x6lp 315
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino89 View Post
As I don't use it now, was considering whether to sell my bombard aerotec 380 with steering ,no repairs in great condition
It's got a mariner 25hp , just had new impellor and gear oil , Remotes and steering and Launch wheels fitted
Wanted any advice on what this outfit would be worth now ?
Personally I'd put it on ebay auction & let the market decide or Facebook marketplace. An older boat like that is difficult to value as condition is everything some do fall apart but some dont, personally I wouldnt worry about the glue issue if its sound now, if it falls apart in 12 months thats not your issue. Boats are selling well now so get it up for sale either by auction or over price on Facebook it & see what you get offered you can always drop but you cant go up in price. You will get derisory offers on marketplace but just be patient if you go that way. Ribnet probably not the best place to sell it as the naysayers will predict its imminent demise & make it difficult to sell.
Only imho of course
__________________
beamishken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 17:32   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: dawlish
Make: avon searider/bom380
Length: 4m +
Engine: merc 50 2 stroke
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 323
It hasn't been in the water for 14 plus years as I used my searider , just blown it up and it looks like new , no signs of coming apart as far as ican see , transform looks and feels solid , you may be right , if I decide to sell it eBay with a reserve maybe the way to go , does the steering fit any other boats ? Could also consider split it up
__________________
Dino89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 18:02   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: reiver 3.8/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: 40hp 2st 2x6lp 315
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino89 View Post
It hasn't been in the water for 14 plus years as I used my searider , just blown it up and it looks like new , no signs of coming apart as far as ican see , transform looks and feels solid , you may be right , if I decide to sell it eBay with a reserve maybe the way to go , does the steering fit any other boats ? Could also consider split it up
It's uv that does the damage there may be many years left in it yet if its been out of the sun. Every one is different,no telling when or if its going to fail, take plenty pictures show its condition, be honest about its age & forget the doom mongers prediction & offer it for sale & see what happens. The steering will fit other boats as it was universal as far as I remember
__________________
beamishken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2023, 19:34   #8
Member
 
Steve509926's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 2,576
If you do go down the ebay route, wait until 9th June when you will get 80% off any fees, it could save you a small fortune.
__________________
Steve509926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 10:01   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 2-stroke
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,052
Hardly being a doom monger to highlight the impending glue failure on an Aerotec nearing 20yrs old... because many have found to their cost this is often an issue. However agree with Beamishken to let the market decide. It's a hard one to value as putting the glue issue aside (which innocent non-forum folks may not consider anyway) a 25hp and remotes is not the usual setup for this lightweight assemble out of the car SIB. It might be best to split as many potential Aerotec buyers could have their own outboard of choice already.
__________________
Fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 11:31   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: reiver 3.8/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: 40hp 2st 2x6lp 315
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Hardly being a doom monger to highlight the impending glue failure on an Aerotec nearing 20yrs old... because many have found to their cost this is often an issue. However agree with Beamishken to let the market decide. It's a hard one to value as putting the glue issue aside (which innocent non-forum folks may not consider anyway) a 25hp and remotes is not the usual setup for this lightweight assemble out of the car SIB. It might be best to split as many potential Aerotec buyers could have their own outboard of choice already.
This is the problem with asking for a valuation on a forum, you regularly dont get an idea on value (which is the ops case) but you do get everyone popping up to point out the failures of the item in question which realy isnt helpful & often frightens potential sellers into selling cheap or scrapping perfectly servicable items. The same happens on car forums, every landrover d3or4 will snap its crank first time out every 320/520bmw will snap its timing chain first week etc, when in actual fact many are still running fine with total oblivious owners it might fail but it might not either. Re the 25 my pal had one new the same vintage as this one with the same engine & it was a great package but did need the additional steering bar that this one has. It propelled his family of 4 with ease & I could waterski behind it without fuss. He might get more money splitting it but with more hassle as hes potentially dealing with several buyers instead of one.
__________________
beamishken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 12:57   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 2-stroke
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,052
All my points are very valid and I think Dino will have the intelligence to consider the mix of all opinions to find his own selling price/method. Far from being the problem of a forum that is the benefit of a forum.
__________________
Fenlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 05:22   #12
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
This is the problem with asking for a valuation on a forum, you regularly dont get an idea on value (which is the ops case) but you do get everyone popping up to point out the failures of the item in question which realy isnt helpful & often frightens potential sellers into selling cheap or scrapping perfectly servicable items. The same happens on car forums, every landrover d3or4 will snap its crank first time out every 320/520bmw will snap its timing chain first week etc, when in actual fact many are still running fine with total oblivious owners it might fail but it might not either. Re the 25 my pal had one new the same vintage as this one with the same engine & it was a great package but did need the additional steering bar that this one has. It propelled his family of 4 with ease & I could waterski behind it without fuss. He might get more money splitting it but with more hassle as hes potentially dealing with several buyers instead of one.
Very true
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 June 2023, 06:43   #13
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Join Date: Apr 2023
Posts: 347
Put the whole lot up at 2,100 and see how you do
__________________
Easedalenovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 June 2023, 22:01   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 498
And we're off....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185925608...mis&media=COPY
__________________
Big waves, small boat ;)
tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
inflatable

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 14:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.