Old 28 May 2023, 14:01   #1

Town: dawlish
Make: avon searider/bom380
Length: 4m +
Engine: merc 50 2 stroke
Pricing my inflatable

As I don't use it now, was considering whether to sell my bombard aerotec 380 with steering ,no repairs in great condition
It's got a mariner 25hp , just had new impellor and gear oil , Remotes and steering and Launch wheels fitted
Wanted any advice on what this outfit would be worth now ?
Old 28 May 2023, 14:43   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
A major factor will he the year it was made.
Old 28 May 2023, 16:20   #3

Can't find year on boat , but engine looks like 2005 MA25M
Taken photos of plates 9n boat and the serial ends in 05 if that's a clue , engine still has tiller so can be used with or without steering
Old 29 May 2023, 09:55   #4

Town: Southampton
Make: avon adventure 4.5
Engine: 50hp e-tec
That's a near 20y old aerotec, so will be nearing the onset of glue failure. That is how mine died in the end, bits just fell off (including the transom, at sea). It will definitely impact value sadly
Old 29 May 2023, 10:32   #5

Town: north ayrshire
Boat name: charlie girl
Make: S/R5.4/regal3760
Length: 10m +
Engine: Suzukidf70 2x6lp 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino89 View Post
As I don't use it now, was considering whether to sell my bombard aerotec 380 with steering ,no repairs in great condition
It's got a mariner 25hp , just had new impellor and gear oil , Remotes and steering and Launch wheels fitted
Wanted any advice on what this outfit would be worth now ?
Personally I'd put it on ebay auction & let the market decide or Facebook marketplace. An older boat like that is difficult to value as condition is everything some do fall apart but some dont, personally I wouldnt worry about the glue issue if its sound now, if it falls apart in 12 months thats not your issue. Boats are selling well now so get it up for sale either by auction or over price on Facebook it & see what you get offered you can always drop but you cant go up in price. You will get derisory offers on marketplace but just be patient if you go that way. Ribnet probably not the best place to sell it as the naysayers will predict its imminent demise & make it difficult to sell.
Only imho of course
Old 29 May 2023, 17:32   #6

It hasn't been in the water for 14 plus years as I used my searider , just blown it up and it looks like new , no signs of coming apart as far as ican see , transform looks and feels solid , you may be right , if I decide to sell it eBay with a reserve maybe the way to go , does the steering fit any other boats ? Could also consider split it up
Old 29 May 2023, 18:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino89 View Post
It hasn't been in the water for 14 plus years as I used my searider , just blown it up and it looks like new , no signs of coming apart as far as ican see , transform looks and feels solid , you may be right , if I decide to sell it eBay with a reserve maybe the way to go , does the steering fit any other boats ? Could also consider split it up
It's uv that does the damage there may be many years left in it yet if its been out of the sun. Every one is different,no telling when or if its going to fail, take plenty pictures show its condition, be honest about its age & forget the doom mongers prediction & offer it for sale & see what happens. The steering will fit other boats as it was universal as far as I remember
Old 29 May 2023, 19:34   #8

Town: Appley Bridge
Boat name: RedNeck
Make: Excel SD360
Engine: Mercury EFI 20HP
MMSI: 235924407
If you do go down the ebay route, wait until 9th June when you will get 80% off any fees, it could save you a small fortune.
Old 30 May 2023, 10:01   #9

Hardly being a doom monger to highlight the impending glue failure on an Aerotec nearing 20yrs old... because many have found to their cost this is often an issue. However agree with Beamishken to let the market decide. It's a hard one to value as putting the glue issue aside (which innocent non-forum folks may not consider anyway) a 25hp and remotes is not the usual setup for this lightweight assemble out of the car SIB. It might be best to split as many potential Aerotec buyers could have their own outboard of choice already.
Old 30 May 2023, 11:31   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Hardly being a doom monger to highlight the impending glue failure on an Aerotec nearing 20yrs old... because many have found to their cost this is often an issue. However agree with Beamishken to let the market decide. It's a hard one to value as putting the glue issue aside (which innocent non-forum folks may not consider anyway) a 25hp and remotes is not the usual setup for this lightweight assemble out of the car SIB. It might be best to split as many potential Aerotec buyers could have their own outboard of choice already.
This is the problem with asking for a valuation on a forum, you regularly dont get an idea on value (which is the ops case) but you do get everyone popping up to point out the failures of the item in question which realy isnt helpful & often frightens potential sellers into selling cheap or scrapping perfectly servicable items. The same happens on car forums, every landrover d3or4 will snap its crank first time out every 320/520bmw will snap its timing chain first week etc, when in actual fact many are still running fine with total oblivious owners it might fail but it might not either. Re the 25 my pal had one new the same vintage as this one with the same engine & it was a great package but did need the additional steering bar that this one has. It propelled his family of 4 with ease & I could waterski behind it without fuss. He might get more money splitting it but with more hassle as hes potentially dealing with several buyers instead of one.
Old 30 May 2023, 12:57   #11

All my points are very valid and I think Dino will have the intelligence to consider the mix of all opinions to find his own selling price/method. Far from being the problem of a forum that is the benefit of a forum.
Old 31 May 2023, 05:22   #12

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamishken View Post
This is the problem with asking for a valuation on a forum, you regularly dont get an idea on value (which is the ops case) but you do get everyone popping up to point out the failures of the item in question which realy isnt helpful & often frightens potential sellers into selling cheap or scrapping perfectly servicable items. The same happens on car forums, every landrover d3or4 will snap its crank first time out every 320/520bmw will snap its timing chain first week etc, when in actual fact many are still running fine with total oblivious owners it might fail but it might not either. Re the 25 my pal had one new the same vintage as this one with the same engine & it was a great package but did need the additional steering bar that this one has. It propelled his family of 4 with ease & I could waterski behind it without fuss. He might get more money splitting it but with more hassle as hes potentially dealing with several buyers instead of one.
Very true
Old 01 June 2023, 06:43   #13

Town: Colchester
Length: 5m +
Put the whole lot up at £2,100 and see how you do
Old 03 June 2023, 22:01   #14

Town: Brum
Boat name: UTV
Make: zodiac FR
Engine: 2 stroke 15hp
MMSI: 999