Old 31 December 2020, 14:04   #21

Make: Elling kB 350
Length: 3m +
I’m just in a small club fishing the pools in and around the midlands. We only do matches between April and october. The boat is for me and the missus to do a bit of sea fishing in Cornwall. Have you placed an order yet or still deciding ?
Old 31 December 2020, 14:11   #22

Town: Newport
Make: Elling KB 350
still looking - just had new windows - bedrooms - heating - bathroom, showers, flooring etc installed in my house I bought in 1989. just the downstairs to get done, kitchen and furniture etc. everything in the whole house new.
cover has stopped progression, but when its done, looking to cut my hours in work and semi retire hence the boat.
will probably get it when covid is over, so hopefully within 6 months.
its not that I have much cash, but have saved so that I can quit the full race in my late 50s
hopefully it will go as planned.... lol
Old 31 December 2020, 14:20   #23

I had similar plans to retire, but not here in the U.K. the wife is Filipino so was hoping to retire their, unfortunately the wife don’t want to go back yet so I’m stuck here and having to work. Hence the reason for a boat , at least I get to have some enjoyment. Once I get this one and hopefully she enjoys being on it I’ll be poking to buy another for the Philippines as our house there is only a few Kms from lake Taal. I’m thinking of buying a takacat for there as it’s even lighter than the Elling and can also be used as a sup. As that will be on a lake I’ll also be buying a smaller engine. I just hope she enjoys the Elling first.
Old 31 December 2020, 14:24   #24

Top man - have worked with a few Filipinos - very nice family orientated people.
I wish you all the best with that - it sounds lovely - if ever you want a lodger....
looking forward to your write up about the boat.
Speak soon and have a great new year
Nick
Old 31 December 2020, 14:28   #25

Cheers Nick. And the same to you. I’ll be posting soon my 2021 wish list just to see if I get any negative comments about my choices for the accessories. With any luck my many hours researching on stuff will pay off for me. Have a great evening.
Old 08 January 2021, 14:14   #26

Town: Up Northish
Boat name: Korky
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 2 Stroke
Hi Tel
Like you I did an awful lot of research last year and ended up buying an Elling KB350. Absolutely delighted with it. Well made, handles beautifully, has a brilliant rigid floor and its light enough not to be a chore. I also manged to get a Tohatsu 9.9 smoker which is a lovely light little motor with enough power for 25 mph 3 up. Only been out once on Ullswater but it was one of the best days of 2020, exploring, picinicking and just chilling out on the water. I downsized from a Broom Aries Ski boat (The best hull on any 15/16ft speedboat!) which I loved but it just wasn't getting used and though I cant do 40 knots a or pull skiers, I still love being out on the water as it gives you a completely different perspective.
We have a trip to Iona booked this year vaccine reliant, so looking forward to exploring the coast up there - full report if and when we have been.
Stay logged in to Rib.Net as the members on here are a really helpful and friendly bunch who helped me make the correct choice of boat and motor.
Old 08 January 2021, 15:26   #27

Thanks - will buy when things get better - in a year or two the way its going