Old 22 July 2020, 07:34   #21

Town: Villars
Boat name: Tally-Ho
Make: Scorpion
Length: 9m +
Engine: Merc Optimax 300xs
i have a Bravo BP12 bought from the rib shop. can't fault it. Really nice bit of kit
Old 22 July 2020, 07:52   #22

Town: Yeovil
Make: Honwave
Length: no boat
Engine: Mercury 15hp 4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
i have a Bravo BP12 bought from the rib shop. can't fault it. Really nice bit of kit
I think this is the way I will go.
Old 22 July 2020, 08:04   #23

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
My Bravo Battery pump has been going strong for years, although I probably need to replace the battery soon as it doesn't hold a charge for as long these days.

I converted it so I can run it off it's internal battery, off an Anderson plug connected to the batteries in my RIB, or from the car battery using another Anderson plug with a short lead and Crocodile clips.
https://www.rib.net/forum/f50/flexib...ump-42304.html

It was very handy for blowing up the Younger Nashers Bombard when we got to the beach having taken it round by sea rolled up in the back.

Nasher.
Old 22 July 2020, 18:21   #24

Town: Somerset
Make: Takacat
Length: 3m +
The Ruitx type is dual pressure, as well. I have no experience of bravo, but other members rate them highly. Being new to sibs, I had to base the decision on others experience, and gut feeling. I have taken what is probably the middle line. If I hadn’t just shelled out on boat and outboard, I might have spent more. Only time will tell! At least this forum gives us a chance to seek advice, from those who have already gained useful experience, and are happy to share it.
I’ve just had my first, modest sea trip in Lyme Bay, to adjust to a different form of boating, after 11 years of g.r.p motor boat ownership. On a new, steep learning curve.
Old 23 July 2020, 10:28   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old seahorse View Post
The Ruitx type is dual pressure, as well. I have no experience of bravo, but other members rate them highly. Being new to sibs, I had to base the decision on others experience, and gut feeling. I have taken what is probably the middle line. If I hadn’t just shelled out on boat and outboard, I might have spent more. Only time will tell! At least this forum gives us a chance to seek advice, from those who have already gained useful experience, and are happy to share it.
I’ve just had my first, modest sea trip in Lyme Bay, to adjust to a different form of boating, after 11 years of g.r.p motor boat ownership. On a new, steep learning curve.
I too have reverted from an open bow centre console sports boat to a T38 as could not tow Caravan and boat at same time so have opted for the middle ground.
Lyme Bay is one of my local playgrounds however, I prefer Portland Harbour for various reasons and tend to go there as a first local choice.

I currently use a Coleman pump and top up with either a hand or foot Bravo however, it is a chore I could do without.
Old 23 July 2020, 14:43   #26

Town: Setúbal
Boat name: RONHAS
Engine: Yamaha 6HP & 2.5HP
For my Foldable RIB 360 I bought this one, and also the battery in order to inflate the boat far from my car:

https://www.francobordo.com/bravo-el...-p-348851.html

https://www.francobordo.com/bk-ni-mh...vo-p-9984.html

Pretty much happy with both so far
Old 23 July 2020, 14:58   #27

My usual Lyme bay launching is West Bay. It’s good for the whole of Lyme bay, but in in an easterly, launch and recovery from a trailer was challenging, bordering on dangerous! My last trip on my old boat was to Portland bill, which is interesting in any modest sized boat!
I agree that Portland is a great spot too, with Weymouth, Lulworth and Durdle door so close. Last time I phoned, the sailing academy were still not offering launching for day members, which is a shame as facilities are good.
Poole harbour is also good for me, with plenty of options in the harbour and further afield. Hoping to give my new boat a run their soon.
Old 24 July 2020, 07:10   #28

Quote:
My usual Lyme bay launching is West Bay. It’s good for the whole of Lyme bay, but in in an easterly, launch and recovery from a trailer was challenging, bordering on dangerous! My last trip on my old boat was to Portland bill, which is interesting in any modest sized boat!
I agree that Portland is a great spot too, with Weymouth, Lulworth and Durdle door so close. Last time I phoned, the sailing academy were still not offering launching for day members, which is a shame as facilities are good.
Poole harbour is also good for me, with plenty of options in the harbour and further afield. Hoping to give my new boat a run their soon.
Day launching at the Academy is now up and running.

Happy Boating.
Old 03 August 2020, 14:34   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar View Post
Day launching at the Academy is now up and running.

Happy Boating.

Thanks for update on Portland. I used it last week. I needed to prebook online, but it worked fine. Quite busy on the water, and at the slip, but able to socially distance o.k. Good to get back there, and take a look at the array of cruise ships out in Weymouth bay!It gave me chance to sort a few adjustments on new boat ( a Takacat), which is so different to old boat.
Old 06 August 2020, 12:50   #30

Town: Montreal
very great, I also have a good pump for inflate the boat far from my car
Old 09 August 2020, 13:56   #31

Town: London
Boat name: Drake
Make: Luca
Engine: Disel
Try Bluefin Electric SUP Pump
Old 11 August 2020, 10:11   #32

Town: Sydney
Boat name: Serenity
Length: 5m +
yeah, it is really useful to have a good pump for inflate the boat far from the car. I have bought some time ago Serenelife Electric SUP Pump ( it is really wonderful ) ,it has a battery which can be easily charged for 8 hours allows you the possibility to inflate your board while playing on your phone or doing other things. You can check the link below https://standuppaddleboardworld.com/...tric-sup-pump/ for additional information about the best Electric SUP Pumps
Old 11 August 2020, 11:13   #33

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Problem with these SUP pumps is many have a very low capacity output.... as in volume not pressure.... and many don't declare what it is in the spec so you can't work out how slow they will be. They can take an age to pump up a SIB and easily exceed their advised maximum run time and need a cooling period before the SIB is fully inflated.

OK though I guess for carrying to top up a RIB or a SIB used from a trailer.
Old 09 September 2020, 08:13   #34

Town: Up Northish
Boat name: Korky
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 2 Stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
My SIB came with a sevylor electric pump which is ok, but being single stage is very slow. I bought one of these:- Ruitx Electric Air Pump, SUP Pump 20PSI 12V DC High Pressure Pump With Intelligent Dual Stage Auto-Off Function for Inflatable SUP and Boat https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KPXWQ..._mldcFbHENBM20
Which is much quicker. I looked at the itiwits, but they get very mixed reviews & were out of stock at the time.
The new pump is much quicker, but I can’t vouch for the longevity as I’ve only had it since Feb, & for some reason I haven’t had many chances to use it[emoji849]
I have just bought the same Dave and find it perfect for my needs. Same as you, I can't vouch for the reliability but it pumps up very quickly and shuts off as it should. Above all, it makes inflating the boat NOT a chore! I saw someone on here had purchased a 12v 7/9ah scooter battery and made it portable which is my next move.
Old 17 September 2020, 10:35   #35

After my fourth outing, I am pleased with Ruitx pump. I now have a 12v, 12 ah battery to operate remotely from the car. I tried a7ah battery which I had. It worked, but was well discharged after, so uprated. Both can be used for other hobby, so a reasonable investment( £25, Toolstation)
Old 20 September 2020, 17:51   #36

Town: Up Northish
Boat name: Korky
Make: Elling KB350
Engine: Tohatsu 9.8 2 Stroke
Quote:
After my fourth outing, I am pleased with Ruitx pump. I now have a 12v, 12 ah battery to operate remotely from the car. I tried a7ah battery which I had. It worked, but was well discharged after, so uprated. Both can be used for other hobby, so a reasonable investment( £25, Toolstation)
That's my next purchase OS. I will make a carry case including a socket for it.
We used the Ruitx today for the first outing, faultless! Had the boat up and down in no time!
Old 18 October 2022, 10:30   #37

Town: Melbourne
Boat name: FC470
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury SeaPro 55hp
Good enough for a FC470? (Amazon Ruitx pump)
Old 18 October 2022, 14:14   #38

I can’t say for sure whether it is enough for your boat( though someone here may be able to say). My takacat is 3 metres, with 48 cm tubes. It has proved to be very capable, and quick. It’s worth noting that they now produce a pump with built in rechargeable battery, if inflating the boat away from your vehicle is a consideration.