Old 09 April 2002, 15:38   #1

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Fishfinders

Hi guys (and gals), my first post here - how exciting! Been reading what you all get up to for a few weeks and digesting all the info so i am sure someone knows a bit about fishfinders...

I was just wondering what the situation is with two transducers interfearing with each other, mainly coz i have two units which i beleive have the same frequency transducers on the transom and one appears intermitently to fail (although i have noticed this is mainly at speed - which, having read various discussions may be the real reason). Both were fitted by the previous owner (only been in the rib-gang since january)

Would the situation be any different if the transducer were operating at a different frequency (different manufacturer, checked on data sheet...)?

Thirdly (if you can say that) anyone got any experience in the NAVMAN fuel computer/combined tri-colour fishfinder which looks quite attractve since i have no fuel gague and keep breaking my dip-stick!!!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Daniel
Old 09 April 2002, 20:41   #2

Town: Great Harwood, Lancs
Boat name: Tigger II
Make: Bombardier Aerodeck
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 25HP
Hi Daniel
Welcome to Rib Net

Yes if two transducers are used on the same frequency they will interfear with each other.
Some can be set to dual frequency 50 or 200Khz so you may be able to set one to 50 KHz and on to 200KHz. Dont know what the selectivity is like on the dual frequency ones but it may be an option.
However if you have either set to dual they will still interfear.

As far as Navman sorry, no info.

Hav fun Gary