Old 24 October 2011, 18:59   #1

Town: Plymouth
Length: 6m +
SpeedShift

Ok let's give them another go.

After lots of recommendations I'm going to given them another go. The first time out it did not go too well. Two failed collections, it got there in the end.

So I appreciate a lot on here like them due to the owner being ex Ribnet. Let's see what happens this time around.

I'm about to book a collection from Cornwall, heading to Oban. Not an easy one that's for sure. They advise a 2 day collection, 2/3 day delivery. They are only £5 cheaper than my usual agent but I'd like to see if they can become a regular agent for me. Well, It would be rude not too

I'll update with my experience. I hope it's good. I'm sure it will be. I cannot be that unlucky can I ?

Peter ~ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 24 October 2011, 19:55   #2

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury
I used them a while ago and had to wait a very long time for the pallet to get collected, which was a bit of nightmare when i paid for 48hr delivery. Have not tried them since.
Old 24 October 2011, 20:03   #3

That's my concern as I cannot be waiting in 2/3 days for them. It's not like perhaps yourself where their is always somebody at the workshop to make it available for them.

Let's wait and see what happens this time. If they meet their own timescales I'll be happy. If not it's the last time I can use them.

Peter ~ Boatsandoutboards4sale ~ askboatsandoutboards4sale@sky.com ~ 07930 421007
Old 25 October 2011, 13:32   #4

Looking good so far

Just got a call from the depo saying they are planning on uplift today

Fingers crossed

Old 25 October 2011, 17:52   #5

We have lift off

Old 26 October 2011, 16:55   #6

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Hissing Sid
Make: Ross Smith Cobra
Engine: 200HP Optimax
MMSI: 235038046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards
We have lift off

Cool, keep us posted.
Jizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2011, 17:48   #7

Happy bunny

Pallet arrived yesterday both on time and in safe order. Customer is delighted and I have to say I'm pleased this time around the delivery went without a hitch.

My next delivery will be with them. If that goes well i shall become a regular customer.

Old 10 November 2011, 20:05   #8

Town: South Yorkshire
Boat name: Sold it !
Length: 3m +
Engine: Totallyhotsue 9.8 2S
Thanks for taking the time to post the updates Boats&Outboards.
Old 10 November 2011, 21:26   #9

That's ok

I've since booked 4 deliveries but all have been with my usual agent simply because they were cheaper!!
Old 13 November 2011, 18:32   #10

Town: gravesend
Boat name: curach/Earl
Make: seago/Lifeguard 4M
Length: under 3m
Engine: 3.3 marinar/10 hp
Bit late to reply Pete,ive uesed them 3 time's in the past, pallets from ,cornwall,and they were good ,excellent price ,i gotta say.
Old 13 November 2011, 19:01   #11

Agreed. Just not as cheap as "online pallet" for most deliveries, when you add on all the things not included as standard from them when it is by the other.

They are a great option though. I've had this conversation many a times on here and I know all the background on "CODDERS" but I'm not converted. Yet!

Old 08 December 2011, 15:24   #12

Well that's the last time I use that lot!!!

Booked a collection last week and they turned up at the customers house with a 140kgs pallet in a transit van with no tail lift :facepalm what use it that ?

Booked a collection for today and they did the same thing. It was fine for me this time as we had the lift facility but my customer tomorrow won't have if they do the same again.

I think I've been fair enough now and gave them several chances. I think I'll stick with my previous agent. In the 5 years previous to this I've not had any issue with them. Speed shift has been a nuisance for me from the very first delivery.

Each to their own but I get at least 2 pallets a week leaving me and it's just not worth the hassle, especially as its only normally a saving of £4 odd.

Sorry but in my own personal opinion they should re-name and lose the "F"

Old 17 January 2012, 16:20   #13

Yet again SpeedShift fail to deliver. This time they even failed to collect, 2 days running! I spoke with Vince himself (sounded a genuine,nice chap) this time who basically said to me system error, it happens! Whilst I agree it does, it seems to affect us down here more than anybody else.

He did try to resolve things by pointing out how little they make from each delivery and that he works 18hr days, which TBH I was quite taken aback by and didn't see it's relevance at all. I've now got another day tomorrow sitting around waiting for them to collect, not to mention my customer in Holland is going to be thinking all sorts when he's not got his item as expected. I really don't know why I keep going back to them. It's not like they are any cheaper than the rest.

Rant over. I blame Ribnet :hide
Old 17 January 2012, 16:39   #14

Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
A lot of these company's are the same I get my horse shoes delivered once I got a keyboard instead.
Old 17 January 2012, 19:10   #15

Town: New Forest
Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats&Outboards View Post
Yet again SpeedShift fail to deliver. This time they even failed to collect, 2 days running! I spoke with Vince himself (sounded a genuine,nice chap) this time who basically said to me system error, it happens! Whilst I agree it does, it seems to affect us down here more than anybody else.

He did try to resolve things by pointing out how little they make from each delivery and that he works 18hr days, which TBH I was quite taken aback by and didn't see it's relevance at all. I've now got another day tomorrow sitting around waiting for them to collect, not to mention my customer in Holland is going to be thinking all sorts when he's not got his item as expected. I really don't know why I keep going back to them. It's not like they are any cheaper than the rest.

Rant over. I blame Ribnet :hide
Don't want sound rude but... Don't use them then!!!

There should be a few transport companies in your area who will offer European pallet service and maybe offer better service? In my experience pallet operators are generally as bad as each other but if you need a cheap service and can be flexible on times they work!
Old 17 January 2012, 19:22   #16

Town: South Yorkshire
Boat name: Sold it !
Length: 3m +
Engine: Totallyhotsue 9.8 2S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
In my experience pallet operators are generally as bad as each other but if you need a cheap service and can be flexible on times they work!

I think that sums it up.

I can remember when first class meant next day before 9am, second class arrived at 2pm.

You could post something 1st class at 8am and it would arrive across town the same day.
Old 17 January 2012, 20:50   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy

Don't want sound rude but... Don't use them then!!!

There should be a few transport companies in your area who will offer European pallet service and maybe offer better service? In my experience pallet operators are generally as bad as each other but if you need a cheap service and can be flexible on times they work!
Your so right. I swore after the last time never to again but I had it in the back of my mind how everybody on here swears by them and the fact the owner was a prolific guy on here. It kind of made me try to make it work with them. I shall not be making that mistake again! It's not the money, or even the delay. Just the fact I've put off collection/deliveries in order to be available for them and all the while it was never going to get collected. I even spoke with them yesterday to chase it and was told its guaranteed to be uplifted today.

Arh well. It's going tomorrow....
Old 18 January 2012, 05:42   #18

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
I've got the number of a lad I use and never let me down, once I find it I'll post it.
Old 18 January 2012, 19:04   #19

Town: Looe
Make: Delta
Engine: Mercury
Kay Transport!!!. I booked a pallet delivery at lunch time, it got picked up the same afternoon and delivered to Scotland in 2 days. Cant beat them! And no i don't work for them!!!
Old 18 January 2012, 19:39   #20

I know I know you did tell me before and I should have listened! I'm on the phone to them in the morning to get an account sorted