Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Engines & props
Click Here to Login

Old 24 April 2014, 11:53   #1

Length: 4m +
Raised engine on Zodiac Classic MK2C

Hi all I just thought those of you with such a set up might like my solution. Zodiac Classic Mk2C plus a Suzuki DF15AR. My cavitation plate was 6cm under the boat, recommended was 0-2.5cm... The highest I could raise it was another 2.5-3cm as anymore would have taken me over the metal plate on the transom or dangerously close. I think you will agree it's quite a neat solution. I managed to test it this week...I used Velcro to attach it to transom.... Contact Adhesive on the back of the tape to provide a bit of water resistance. After 5 hours of boating there was only minimal marks on the wooden piece which indicates that there wasn't much pressure on it (The wood came from a slat on a sports changing room bench that was ripped out for renovation... Very hard wood but I don't know what type) The wood I cut out using a fret saw and then I sanded it down with a very fine grade of paper, 1200 was the last step.. Then I oiled it with teak oil. The cut out "U" was to aid putting the engine into the right position plus it also provides strength.

Attached Files