Having finished indexing my Spark plugs to finish a 3 week service
I thought I'd give everything the once over whilst the engine was ticking over. Whilst scanning my eye's over everything I noticed a little water inside the lower coweling.
On closer inspection it looked like it was coming from a hose attached to a Thermostat housing. Thought I would clean up area and affix leaky hose end with a Jubilee clip instead of the cable tie that someone else had put on previous
I took off the hose to clean up the cover and the hose tail on the cover disintegrated leaving a 10mm hole in the side. Talk about a lucky find! If that had failed at Sea, the whole of the engine would have drowned inside it's cover