Old 10 June 2011, 09:59   #1

Town: London
Boat name: N/A
Length: no boat
Send a message via MSN to boomer
Recommendations?

Hi Guys

I am looking for a provider of Intermediate, Advanced and Instructor training for myself and 3 others in the Scouts so that we can cover Scout water activities and also train the members in the District / County that want to get the powerboat training.

I have come across this lot (Onboard Surf & Sail - RYA watersports at Draycote Water) and was just wondering if anyone could recommend them as their prices are lower than what I expected.

Ta

Shane
Old 11 June 2011, 10:01   #2

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Yoda & Obi Wan
Make: XS700
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
Hi Guys

I am looking for a provider of Intermediate, Advanced and Instructor training for myself and 3 others in the Scouts so that we can cover Scout water activities and also train the members in the District / County that want to get the powerboat training.

I have come across this lot (Onboard Surf & Sail - RYA watersports at Draycote Water) and was just wondering if anyone could recommend them as their prices are lower than what I expected.
I have never heard of them but they will not be able to run Intermediate and Advanced Powerboat courses as they are based on a reservoir.

Likewise any Instructor course will only qualify you to teach inland.

Give me a call to discus what you need to do and i will work you out a good group discount
Old 11 June 2011, 13:33   #3

Town: London
Boat name: N/A
Length: no boat
Send a message via MSN to boomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Stormforce View Post
I have never heard of them but they will not be able to run Intermediate and Advanced Powerboat courses as they are based on a reservoir.

Likewise any Instructor course will only qualify you to teach inland.

Give me a call to discus what you need to do and i will work you out a good group discount
Hi Doug

Thanks for that I have found a local YMCA that will look after us in terms of the course in return we have to help them with the sailing courses/experiences that they do, we are going to go with this as its a win - win situation for all of us especially those of us that want to do the course as it gives us pretty much guranteed experience on the water (that said I already have 105 hours in 2 years so not too shabby! needless to say will be lots coming on now with their thousands of hours :P )