Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles
Polwart,

Don't forget we English subsidise the Scottish. Maybe thats why you are happy with your town centres its getting English money pumped in to it.

As for subsidising buses. When I lived in East Calder (Just outside Edinburgh for those that didn't know ) you got the strange situation where two different bus companies ran double decker buses at the same time on the same routes through the village, you used to get the buses following each other. To get customers they were charging ridiculously cheap fares such as 10p to go to Livingston. Why on earth were we subsidising buses to have a price war I don't know.
Biggles: Most of the people in edinburgh are english anyway its the only way they can afford the exorbitant house prices! I have never been convinced by anyones claims that either scotland or england subsidised the other (the SNP would claim it is the other way round). I might be wrong but I think the bus price war battles have now gone and of course the prices have gone up! 10p is still too much to go to Livingston though (the milton kenes of scotland!).
Old 22 September 2006, 17:21   #42
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop
polwart get a life with your goodie to shoes attitude you are the people who make this country like tihs. voting for all these stupid rules and regs mind you you are scottish that could explain it
Not sure why my attitude was goodie too shoes - all i did was point out the flaws in your argument and some of the advantages of public transport.

I am not "people" (just one person). I didn't vote in either the local or national government - but it is a democracy so I accept its existance and the correct route for change. You have the same power to change this country as me - so you are also the person that makes this country like this.

Congratulations you have now taken some friendly banter and turned it into racist abuse! I assume JK will remove it.
Old 22 September 2006, 18:39   #43
pop

Town: Paihia
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: indoard yam 420 sti
racist abuse hahahaha please dont make me laugh.

scottish jokes have been around longer then you and me put together so i dont think jk will remove it but we shall see.

well done on not voting by the way.

oh and thanks for the grammar correction i am looking for a new secretary i would say you can apply but your probably to ugly.

are you a man or a women? i thought blokes could take this piss with out taking offense or getting emotionally upset
Old 22 September 2006, 18:52   #44
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop
racist abuse hahahaha please dont make me laugh.

scottish jokes have been around longer then you and me put together so i dont think jk will remove it but we shall see.

well done on not voting by the way.

oh and thanks for the grammar correction i am looking for a new secretary i would say you can apply but your probably to ugly.

are you a man or a women? i thought blokes could take this piss with out taking offense or getting emotionally upset
A bit of sexism as well as racism. You couldn't afford me as your secretary. But whilst we are there the adverb, too, as opposed to the preposition, to, has two o's.

racist jokes have been around longer than you and me too - doesn't make them funny or clever.

And I did vote - just not for the incumbent. In my opinion people who don't vote should be gagged for the next 5 years to stop them moaning about stuff they could have influenced. I guess in the 21ft century I need to break their fingers to stop them typing about it too.

And FWIW I'm not getting emotional or upset.
Old 22 September 2006, 19:01   #45
pop

Town: Paihia
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: indoard yam 420 sti
well if thats what you want to call them then go ahead i think your alittle over the top.

i find that people who go around correcting GrAMMaR have not gone very far in life and normally have to prove they can do at least one thing in life, so well done does it make u feel a tw*t? cause it should
Old 22 September 2006, 19:14   #46
RIBnet admin team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pop
well if thats what you want to call them then go ahead i think your alittle over the top.

i find that people who go around correcting GrAMMaR have not gone very far in life and normally have to prove they can do at least one thing in life, so well done does it make u feel a tw*t? cause it should
I have never known anyone suceed in life by calling someone a twat; but then the rest of the paragraph is bizarre too. I have better things to do with my evening than continue this petty name calling.
Old 22 September 2006, 20:48   #47
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart
I have never known anyone suceed in life by calling someone a twat
dat jony fuler az dun orlrite forr izzelf

gaRf