Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 May 2006, 18:18   #161
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray
I now have a room at the Arun View (thanks Andre ) on saturday and will be jumping on board with benc on Intrepid.

The room is a twin room so if there is someone who is looking for somewhere to stay they can have the spare in my room and we'll split the cost of the room.

Lets hope for some good weather!
Graham

OK the room is now yours but don't thank me pls thank Bogi cos it was his

Andre
__________________

__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2006, 19:53   #162
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Jaws
Make: Gemini 4.2
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
MMSI: none
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 277
Send a message via MSN to Gray
Thanks Bogi ..on one hand, but on the other it means one less rib!
__________________

__________________
Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2006, 10:51   #163
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
LAmpton Cruise 2006
---------------------------------------------------------------------

PARTICIPANTS


1) The welcoming party departing from LAmpton

Phil Chitty + 1 - Galaxsea 3 - mooring@LM
Andre & Wiesia + Ken - Seahawk 3 < Arun View = mooring@AV
The Edges (3 or 4) - Fujimo < Arun View = mooring@AV
Steve Green + 2 - Lynx < LAmpton home=mooring@LM

2) The Solent Group coming by sea

Brucehawsker > Bruce + 2 - Farfetched - Quayside B & B=mooring@VM
The Warners > Rosie & Iain - Myles Aweigh - The Nelson Hotel=mooring@VM
Charlie C + 1 - Shrek - The Nelson Hotel=mooring@VM
benc - Intrepid - Ben + 2 - Quayside B & B=mooring@VM
Ribshop > Kieron + 1 > Prime rib - Quayside B & B = mooring@VM
__________________

sadly Martin and Anto have pulled out

the weather does not look like the best for saturday but I guess the Solent group will make it cos we will be waiting at the Looe Channel as planned
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2006, 12:25   #164
Member
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,564
slightly of topic,
any of you guys go out for the littlehampton power boat racing? we are doing the fire work display again this year, very spectacular of course, be a nice sight from the water, and it could benefit me and others if a friendly rib was on hand to assist at some point setting up. if we do not get things sorted pretty quick, July 29-30 display pm sat 29
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2006, 13:17   #165
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent
slightly of topic,
any of you guys go out for the littlehampton power boat racing? we are doing the fire work display again this year, very spectacular of course, be a nice sight from the water, and it could benefit me and others if a friendly rib was on hand to assist at some point setting up. if we do not get things sorted pretty quick, July 29-30 display pm sat 29
That particular weekend I will be away so cannot help you but suggest you look up www.pontoontalk.co.uk/forums and ask there and perhaps somebody will be able to assist you
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 15:48   #166
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lymington
Boat name: Myles Aweigh
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard Diesal
MMSI: 235018948
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28
the weather does not look like the best for saturday but I guess the Solent group will make it cos we will be waiting at the Looe Channel as planned

Well we'll be there for sure.

Rosie
__________________
[B]www.new-forest-holiday-cottage.co.uk
The Warners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 17:10   #167
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Warners
the weather does not look like the best for saturday but I guess the Solent group will make it cos we will be waiting at the Looe Channel as planned

Well we'll be there for sure.

Rosie
Hope the weather won't be so bad . Jan Falkowski will be joining the Solent group in is 8.4 Ocean RIB. Pls look out for him. have a good run and see you at the Looe Channel

Andre
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 17:24   #168
Member
 
benc's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Intrepid
Make: Tornado
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin 150 Yamaha HPDI
MMSI: 235066402
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,319
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Where will he be meeting us Andre?
__________________
benc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 18:00   #169
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by benc
Where will he be meeting us Andre?
Not so sure but I told Jan to look up the thread and see where everybody is meeting. He will be coming from Southampton waters so he could link up with Bruce

Andre
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 18:04   #170
RIBnet supporter
 
bogib's Avatar
 
Country: Iceland
Town: Reykjavik
Boat name: Cheesee
Make: Seaquel 600 XS
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 275 Verado
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,959
Send a message via Skype™ to bogib
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
Hope the weather won't be so bad . Jan Falkowski will be joining the Solent group in is 8.4 Ocean RIB. Pls look out for him. have a good run and see you at the Looe Channel

Andre
What a pitty missing out meeting old mate Jan Falkowski, have great time over the weekend while I am stuck at snowing Akureyri (north of Iceland) doing boatshow in the snow and winter blistery north almost up the Arctic Circle................

Andre give my regards to Jan

Bogi
__________________
RIBs and ribbing is my life
www.sjosport.is
bogib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 18:43   #171
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogib
What a pitty missing out meeting old mate Jan Falkowski, have great time over the weekend while I am stuck at snowing Akureyri (north of Iceland) doing boatshow in the snow and winter blistery north almost up the Arctic Circle................

Andre give my regards to Jan

Bogi
Will do Bogi and have a few pints drinking your good health and hoping you are keeping warm
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2006, 19:48   #172
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: SOUTHAMPTON AREA
Boat name: none
Make: bombard sib
Length: 3m +
Engine: petrol 15/3.5
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 402
Latest,is 10am lymington,10:30 calshot to try and make Selsey by slack water.Andre,could you PM me your mobile number so we can update you on progress if neccesary.
I will call around tomorow once I have a forecast.
Shrek,do you have a mobile so we can liase?
__________________
timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 08:17   #173
Member
 
Ribshop's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: River Hamble
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 726
What VHF channel is everybody going to be on?
__________________
RIB REPAIRS | RE-TUBES | RE-FIT - OUTBOARD SERVICING - ONLINE SHOP FOR RIB & TOHATSU PARTS .
Phone: 01489 556800 www.rib-shop.com
Ribshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 11:11   #174
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribshop
What VHF channel is everybody going to be on?
Bruce suggested CH77

anyway the weather does not seem to be very good the www.metoffice.co.uk says that around Bognar Regis 30 knot winds if this is the case then for sure one should not attempt to come by rib. The alternative would be to tow to LA have a good party saturday night cos all has been reserved and the next day as the weather will be better cruise to Brighton ect
Pls check the weather forcast and see the thread this evening so we all know whats happening

Andre
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 11:29   #175
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lymington
Boat name: Myles Aweigh
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard Diesal
MMSI: 235018948
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 28
La

Hi Andre

That bl.... weather I was so looking forward to our cruise. If its too bad to go we will drive over to LA for the evening do and stay over in our booked room. We havn't got a trailer etc to be able to tow the boat over, its a huge monster anyway. It'd be good to meet everyone for future cruises.

Cheers
Rosie and Iain
__________________
[B]www.new-forest-holiday-cottage.co.uk
The Warners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 18:13   #176
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Warners
Hi Andre

That bl.... weather I was so looking forward to our cruise. If its too bad to go we will drive over to LA for the evening do and stay over in our booked room. We havn't got a trailer etc to be able to tow the boat over, its a huge monster anyway. It'd be good to meet everyone for future cruises.

Cheers
Rosie and Iain
Many thanks for your support. We will have some ribs here and if the weather is better on the Sunday we will most probably be able to accomodate everybody

I visited the Arun View this afternoon and confirmed to Paul that I expect 25 persons so the tables will be reserved. The best seats in the house so we can expect to have a good meal and a good party and perhaps some ribbing as well. Anyway I am sure we will all have a good weekend

Andre
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 18:56   #177
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Boat name: Shrek
Make: Ribtec
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 150 Opti
MMSI: 235024585
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16
Littlehampton do

Hi Andre,

Have decided to come via road! Will trail my boat in the hope of getting some time to play. No doubt there will be room for some boatless souls. With a bit of luck Sunday looks OK to go up the Aurn river.

Charlie (Shrek)
__________________
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 19:29   #178
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: SOUTHAMPTON AREA
Boat name: none
Make: bombard sib
Length: 3m +
Engine: petrol 15/3.5
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 402
Latest from the met office issued 17:00 friday 26 may
North Foreland to Selsey Bill.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: west or southwest 5 or 6, occasionally 7 at first in east
Weather: rain at times.
Visibility: moderate or poor with mist or fog patches.
Sea State: moderate
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: west or southwest 5 or 6 veering northwest 3 or 4
Weather: rain clearing
Visibility: moderate or poor with mist or fog patches, becoming good
Sea State: moderate becoming slight.
Selsey Bill to Lyme Regis.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: west or southwest 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first and again later.
Weather: rain at times.
Visibility: moderate or poor with mist or fog patches.
Sea State: moderate
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: west or southwest 5 or 6 veering northwest 3 or 4
Weather: rain clearing
Visibility: moderate or poor with mist or fog patches, becoming good
Sea State: moderate becoming slight.

I have spoken to Bruce and we will meet at the boat tommorow and see what its like,probably head out to the Nab tower and make a decision then.
__________________
timboli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 20:14   #179
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie C
Hi Andre,

Have decided to come via road! Will trail my boat in the hope of getting some time to play. No doubt there will be room for some boatless souls. With a bit of luck Sunday looks OK to go up the Aurn river.

Charlie (Shrek)
Super many thanks

Give us a shout if you need help with launching and will you use the public slip or the LM

what is your ETA LAmpton

Andre
__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2006, 20:15   #180
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,873
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by timboli
Latest from the met office issued 17:00 friday 26 may
North Foreland to Selsey Bill.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: west or southwest 5 or 6, occasionally 7 at first in east
Weather: rain at times.
Visibility: moderate or poor with mist or fog patches.
Sea State: moderate
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: west or southwest 5 or 6 veering northwest 3 or 4
Weather: rain clearing
Visibility: moderate or poor with mist or fog patches, becoming good
Sea State: moderate becoming slight.
Selsey Bill to Lyme Regis.

24 hour forecast:
Wind: west or southwest 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first and again later.
Weather: rain at times.
Visibility: moderate or poor with mist or fog patches.
Sea State: moderate
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind: west or southwest 5 or 6 veering northwest 3 or 4
Weather: rain clearing
Visibility: moderate or poor with mist or fog patches, becoming good
Sea State: moderate becoming slight.

I have spoken to Bruce and we will meet at the boat tommorow and see what its like,probably head out to the Nab tower and make a decision then.
I will be at LM from 8:30 so pls call me with info
__________________

__________________
Andre
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.