web and tv seem to be in conflict as the tea time bbc1 fx showed a low winding itself up for weekend but this has not as yet been reflected on the web. Need to keep an eye on both, particularly tv chart, as they dont seem to be able to keep a consistent fx from one day to another- what a suprise
Brilly out there today - v hot and v calm - don't arf burn your head when youre going thin on top
The yachtie racing doesn't start until 14:30......so I'm tempted to come out and meet you boys (& girls)!
If you have agreed some sort of waypoint rendezvous, I'll plug it into the GPS and we'll hope to see you there (if it's calm, the whole family may be along!).
For Sat evening, the commodore has confirmed you are more than welcome at the YC - the barbie will be going from 5pm (after the 14;30 yacht race, he asked if £2 a head towards food was too much (they put on barbie for all the entrants in the regatta included in the entry fee). I said I couldn't see it being a major problem.
We've had great fun tonight, even though it was calm for the dinghys:
One instructor diving for a sunken rudder, and one yacht tender capsized because they were too idle to turn the engine off before tieing up!
Great news about the BBQ. I cannot see £2/head being a problem.
I'll send you a Waypoint and ETA at it for us arriving from Conwy. Not sure of those coming from Fleetwood as we arranged to meet up in the harbour. We can change this and meet offshore Douglas before entering the harbour, but need to get times close.
Dave and Gary, what is your ETA Douglas?
I put 20 litres unleaded in my tank three weeks ago that I had from last September. Diluted with 60 litres of new it ran fine.
I have found the web forecastes to be more accurate than the TV more often than not, but watching both at the moment.
If it is going to break on Sunday then an early dash back to the mainland might be on the cards.
The 48 hour forecast on Friday evening must be the decision making time.
Reeds weekly weekend forecast gives Sunday as best day.
5mph winds all wekend on our route, not ideal for the yachties, but that's life. Still keep an eye on the TV but the forecasts I use in general are showing no problems for both days.
Still no reply from Windchill so we might be down to 4 boats (2 Conwy & 2 Fleetwood) and 15 people.
missed weather by couple of minutes as we were called out to kids in water - couple of lucky bunnies really, brought off by ILB from a sandbank a couple of miles off Fleetwood with water all around. Closely followed by two seperate jobs similar at blackpool - so no time to sort gear tonite!!. Need to look at met chart tomorrow to see where that low is going.