Old 29 September 2010, 16:43   #11
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Best of luck! If you've got time to sell, ie no rush, when the right buyer sees it he may well pay a good price as it looks mint and there's no others similar.

My mate has a group b rally car replica, hundreds of hours of meticulous build time and rarer than rocking horse you know what. He was offered £30k for it at a show after he built it. A year later he advertised it, no offers for 18 months. You just need the right buyer!!!

HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2010, 16:55   #12
Town: NW& wherever the boat is!
Boat name: depends on m'mood!
Make: Humbers/15-24m cats
Length: 6m +
Engine: etec130/big volvos
MMSI: many and various
Not so,
if ya say so

Dave M
wavelength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2010, 18:25   #13
RIBnet admin team
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Originally Posted by NSS View Post
Fair comments, and points well made. To be fair, I don't expect to get a price that reflects the time I spent on it. Fact is, I thoroughly enjoyed doing it, and have had great fun using it this season. Having said that, I'm amazed at the wide range in prices being asked for RIBs of this size. Of course, what is asked for, as against what they sell for, may be very different.

Cheers for your input.
I wrote you long reply but my computer died when I clicked send. Here's a shorter version as I think Paul has covered quite a bit of what I wrote!

What someone is willing to spend on your boat depends on what else is out there that they are considering. Whilst your boat is ideal for what you wanted it doesn't suit everyone (and the fact that Avon don't offer the configuration suggests the market is very limited). Unfortunately for you I suspect most people looking for small boats (sub 4m) do so because they are looking for cheap boats. If they had more £ most people would go bigger. You do only need one person though.

As a ball park its been suggested here before that ribs depreciate at 10% of their ex VAT price per annum. Some people vehemently dispute this as beign too high - but it may give an indication, of closer to the "bottom end".
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote