Town: WARSAW
Boat name: T1
Make: HIGHFIELD OM540DL
Length: 5m +
Engine: EVINRUDE 115 HO
MMSI: 261026640
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.watt View Post
Has anyone bought or used a rib from China - lianya-industry?

Luxury RIB Boat - Qingdao Lian Ya Boat Co.,Ltd.
Never seen one so can't comment.
But in Australia you have waves.
This boat has 20 degree at transom.
Many popular deep V boats (Zodiac, UK RIB boats) have >= 24 degree.

Not sure if 4 degree make big difference just inform you.
Old 02 May 2017, 03:50   #22

Town: Langkawi, Malaysia
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatFromPoland View Post
Never seen one so can't comment.
But in Australia you have waves.
This boat has 20 degree at transom.
Many popular deep V boats (Zodiac, UK RIB boats) have >= 24 degree.

Not sure if 4 degree make big difference just inform you.
Hi MattFromPoland, your boat brand is Highfield which is made in China.
Old 02 May 2017, 08:39   #23

But I'm telling about V hull not country of origin.
Old 03 May 2017, 06:33   #24

Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Click and Collect
Make: Valiant and Narwhal
Length: 4m +
Engine: Outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Avoid any Chinese made boat like the plague ��

Ridiculous comment with no back up provided
Old 03 May 2017, 06:38   #25

Town: Lismore
Boat name: Jinty J
Make: Rib-X 535
Engine: Evinrude 75 Etec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post

From bitter experience, I would never advise anyone to go for a Chinese built RIB. Be in no doubt they are cheap for a very good reason.
Old 03 May 2017, 06:48   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
No horses here but open minded people with different backgrounds, locations, needs, budgets and considerations..cannot be one formula suits all people..maybe you should think out of box or out of consensus sometimes.
Do you have few thousand dollars to give me as a gift so i can get humber or xs rib? If not then give rsspect here to everybody who thinks different and respect forum rules. Without those chinese ribs my dream fulfilling would have waited couple of years. Thanks but no thanks!
Very well said indeed and so true
Old 03 May 2017, 06:53   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejay View Post
From bitter experience, I would never advise anyone to go for a Chinese built RIB. Be in no doubt they are cheap for a very good reason.
You cannot tar all Chinese manufacturers with the same brush because of your experience.
Old 03 May 2017, 07:37   #28
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
You cannot tar all Chinese manufacturers with the same brush because of your experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
Myself and a few others have been foolish enough to have purchased Chinese made ribs and suffered the consequences by being enticed by low ££
Quote:
I think that had you been unfortunate enough to own either of Kerny's two collapsing Chinese ribs, OR Ceejay's Chinese Piranha*, you might not feel so punchy in your defence of the Chinese boatbuilding industry. I'm going to remind everyone about the Boss's Courtesy Clause at this point. There's been a bit of Whining (also not encouraged ) about Rudeness lately - so a quick refresh of the Rules would do no harm: http://www.rib.net/forum/f31/general...html#post48783

(* Company Motto: "Once bitten - Twice Shy" ?)
Old 03 May 2017, 07:55   #29

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I think that had you been unfortunate enough to own either of Kerny's two collapsing Chinese ribs,

And Hadd's, don't forget his. I think that's the one where the console & deck parted company half way around Anglesey. Typical Chinese boats, you buy one, & half an hour later you need another.
FWIW, I had a good look at one of the "better" Chinese imports at the boat show, a Highfield aluminium hulled RIB. The quality was poor especially on the welding & if that was a showboat, it didn't bode well for any punter buying one to order.
At the end of the day, you pays your money & takes your choice. Just don't say you weren't warned.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2017, 08:02   #30
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
I think that's the one where the console & deck parted company half way around Anglesey. Typical Chinese boats, you buy one, & half an hour later you need another....
That will have been the Takeaway Console then?
Old 03 May 2017, 09:29   #31

Welding was poor because it is visible ??
Or you have concerns about strength of the welding ?

I have been made almost 4000 km in Greece and still in one piece.
Not sure if I'm lucky or hull is solid.
The only one failure was not properly glued one elephant trunk (it has small leak which was irritating until I discovered it and fixed).

I can't tell for sure if hull is really solid.
Even after 10 y of the use in Greece how can I be sure if generally product was good or was I lucky ??

I have not problem with look of the welding. I do not like shinny, luxury looking boats. Console may look better but still in one piece.

"China" is not so cheap like before.
I think that you can make project and supervise production as results you can have good quality.

But better business is to buy what they make and sell it not looking at production but only final price

For example Sweden RIB AGAPI ...
They used to made it in China and quality was good (I was sure it was Sweden production based on price and quality).
Now they make it in Poland - probably quality is even better than before.
Old 03 May 2017, 12:06   #32

Town: Lismore
Boat name: Jinty J
Make: Rib-X 535
Engine: Evinrude 75 Etec
Quote:

Might I just add that I did not knowingly purchase a Chinese made RIB.
The Piranha RIB that I was sold was marketed to me in person as being manufactured in Poland. It was advertised on the seller's website, as being of European manufacture.
Subsequently this proved not to be the case, I had been deceived and it was actually of Chinese origin.
Old 03 May 2017, 14:38   #33

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Might I just add that I did not knowingly purchase a Chinese made RIB.
The Piranha RIB that I was sold was marketed to me in person as being manufactured in Poland. It was advertised on the seller's website, as being of European manufacture.
Subsequently this proved not to be the case, I had been deceived and it was actually of Chinese origin.
Shame that...especially if you asked the question!
Sounds like misrepresentation to me...
It's always nice when you support home or even European makers/jobs.

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2017, 21:47   #34

Town: denny
Boat name: breezy
Make: northcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: honda 150
RIBase
Quote:
And Hadd's, don't forget his. I think that's the one where the console & deck parted company half way around Anglesey. Typical Chinese boats, you buy one, & half an hour later you need another.
FWIW, I had a good look at one of the "better" Chinese imports at the boat show, a Highfield aluminium hulled RIB. The quality was poor especially on the welding & if that was a showboat, it didn't bode well for any punter buying one to order.
At the end of the day, you pays your money & takes your choice. Just don't say you weren't warned.
bosuns locker has had a highfield sitting in stock for about 3 years they can't give it away I had a look over and the welding that I could see wasn't of a particularly I was very cautious if this is the welding you can see whats the welding that you can't see like I wouldn't trust them to do a good job low standards and a price that was more expensive than the humber that we bought it doesn't make sense
Old 03 May 2017, 22:24   #35

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Gemini
Engine: Suzuki 140
At least Highfield are happy to warrany this quality welding for five years ! , half the value is in the engine which is warranteed for six years (in what is a joint Honda partnership) indeed I suspect the viewing of the highfield range was on the Honda stand , the mehler german pvc tube fabric which a certain engish manufacture claims is the best on the market when used on their ribs is also 5 years , the thing stands on a ce trailer ,with a grands worth of garmin plotter and vhf , the consoles I know nothing about however I am fairly sure they are fitted by our british craftsman as sure as eggs is eggs without consoles fitted you will poss get 10 in a container and with consoles only one so that doesn't take a lot of working out ,maybe the consoles are even made in the uk
I still remain well pleased with my purchase even though I accept as some one put it so well on here I was probhably living under a rock at the time ,it was my entry to ribbing and for that I am well pleased ,I was able to part ex the sports boat I had , which can only be good for the sports following , and if going forward and growing a big beard and decide to go pounding the open seas in all weather I would expect to be on the hunt for a 6 metre ribcraft or similar , but after all said and done its horses for courses and I am sure that the more people that can afford entry level ,then this will only lay foundation stones for people to step up to those great british icons
ps at least I tow the highfield with a disco 5 ,wonder how many English boats are towed with a dacia ,better go my Chinese phone is ringing ha ha
Old 04 May 2017, 06:42   #36

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
At least Highfield are happy to warrany this quality welding for five years ! , half the value is in the engine which is warranteed for six years (in what is a joint Honda partnership) indeed I suspect the viewing of the highfield range was on the Honda stand , the mehler german pvc tube fabric which a certain engish manufacture claims is the best on the market when used on their ribs is also 5 years , the thing stands on a ce trailer ,with a grands worth of garmin plotter and vhf , the consoles I know nothing about however I am fairly sure they are fitted by our british craftsman as sure as eggs is eggs without consoles fitted you will poss get 10 in a container and with consoles only one so that doesn't take a lot of working out ,maybe the consoles are even made in the uk
I still remain well pleased with my purchase even though I accept as some one put it so well on here I was probhably living under a rock at the time ,it was my entry to ribbing and for that I am well pleased ,I was able to part ex the sports boat I had , which can only be good for the sports following , and if going forward and growing a big beard and decide to go pounding the open seas in all weather I would expect to be on the hunt for a 6 metre ribcraft or similar , but after all said and done its horses for courses and I am sure that the more people that can afford entry level ,then this will only lay foundation stones for people to step up to those great british icons
ps at least I tow the highfield with a disco 5 ,wonder how many English boats are towed with a dacia ,better go my Chinese phone is ringing ha ha
ahh landrover a fine piece of engineering with great reliability thats why isis and the Taliban go for Toyota and Nissan
Old 04 May 2017, 07:03   #37

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeblock View Post
ahh landrover a fine piece of engineering with great reliability thats why isis and the Taliban go for Toyota and Nissan

Oi! That's a step too far, slag off the Chinese boats all you like, but don't dis the Landrover[emoji1] (ok you can dis the D5 if you like, you won't be alone[emoji57])
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Old 04 May 2017, 07:26   #38

RIBase
Quote:
Oi! That's a step too far, slag off the Chinese boats all you like, but don't dis the Landrover[emoji1] (ok you can dis the D5 if you like, you won't be alone[emoji57])
factory fitted dents and oil leaks
Old 04 May 2017, 07:39   #39

RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezeblock View Post
factory fitted dents and oil leaks

A few well placed dents would improve the rear end
Old 04 May 2017, 07:46   #40
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell boy View Post
...and if going forward and growing a big beard and decide to go pounding the open seas in all weather I would expect to be on the hunt for a 6 metre ribcraft or similar...
donegaldan!

Tags
rib