Old 26 April 2017, 22:36   #1

Town: Central Coast NSW (Syd)
Make: Lianya
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150HP Yamaha
RIB from China - lianya-industry

Has anyone bought or used a rib from China - lianya-industry?

Luxury RIB Boat - Qingdao Lian Ya Boat Co.,Ltd.

There is a fair bit of commentary from folk with opinions on the topic but can anyone speak from firsthand experience?

I live in Sydney and imported a second hand RIB from the UK. It's been great and I'm seeing more RIBs on the water over here which is a great thing...I'm keen to upgrade but before I bring another RIB over from UK I thought I'd check on this company.
Old 27 April 2017, 02:36   #2

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.watt View Post
Has anyone bought or used a rib from China - lianya-industry?

Luxury RIB Boat - Qingdao Lian Ya Boat Co.,Ltd.

There is a fair bit of commentary from folk with opinions on the topic but can anyone speak from firsthand experience?

I live in Sydney and imported a second hand RIB from the UK. It's been great and I'm seeing more RIBs on the water over here which is a great thing...I'm keen to upgrade but before I bring another RIB over from UK I thought I'd check on this company.
Speaking generally about Chinese inflatables:

Their main two detriments are poor quality control and poor adhesive quality.

Fiberglass and resin is usually of acceptable quality, but their gelcoats tend to have poor characteristics.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 06:23   #3

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Avoid any Chinese made boat like the plague 👍
Old 27 April 2017, 08:46   #4

Town: Iksal village
Boat name: C-Scanner
Make: rib520
Engine: suzuki70 df
Here you wont find opinions supporting chinese boats... being in uk with many local builders for good quality ribs you wont look for foreign rib..not to talk about poor quality reputation for chinese boats.

Desoite all of the above i am ordering my rib from china from haohai ribs.

As for liyanya, heared about them from few places. Their prices are above average but quality is also above average.
Old 27 April 2017, 09:10   #5

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Here you wont find opinions supporting chinese boats....

Aye and for good reasons ......
Old 27 April 2017, 09:58   #6

Town: Lismore
Boat name: Jinty J
Make: Rib-X 535
Engine: Evinrude 75 Etec
As many here will know, I was suckered into buying a Chinese manufactured RIB which was marketed by Piranha Ribs Ltd, and shown at the London Boat Show. It was called a P550 Club Rescue, and was advertised almost entirely falsely in respect of its vital statistics.
That boat has now been disposed of, effectively for scrap and the engine (Evinrude 75 etec), has been fitted to a Rib-X XP535. This allows me to compare the two fairly.
The Rib-X is 120 kgs lighter than the Piranha as weighed empty, on the same public weigh bridge, on the same trailer and with an identical fuel load.
Both boats have the same overall length, but the Rib-X hull is 30cm longer, the tubes on the Piranha being massive in comparison and overhanging the hull at the stern by 90cm.
The difference on the water is startling, like night and day.
The Rib-X feels light, lively and responsive. It achieves 32 knots with three up and a full fuel tank (90 litres). The Piranha struggled to do 27 knots with one up. The Rib-X rides high, whereas the Piranha stayed low in the water with at least two thirds of the side tubes staying on the water when under way.
I am so pleased with the Rib-X and it was such a bonus to be shown around the Rib-X factory by Colin Baldwin the CEO, and see the construction of the boat in detail. Colin takes great pride in his products and it is obvious that he really knows his stuff, where designing and building boats is concerned.
My advice from bitter experience will always be, don't take the chance on a Chinese RIB, chances are it will be poorly built and possibly, as was the case with the Piranha that I bought, unsafe.
CJ
Click image for larger version

Name:	TOM_5864.jpg
Views:	552
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	119223
Old 27 April 2017, 10:10   #7

RIBase
The best people to take advice from are the people that have owned one and that no longer own one [emoji6] [emoji106]
Old 27 April 2017, 10:11   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejay View Post
As many here will know, I was suckered into buying a Chinese manufactured RIB which was marketed by Piranha Ribs Ltd, and shown at the London Boat Show. It was called a P550 Club Rescue, and was advertised almost entirely falsely in respect of its vital statistics.
That boat has now been disposed of, effectively for scrap and the engine (Evinrude 75 etec), has been fitted to a Rib-X XP535. This allows me to compare the two fairly.
The Rib-X is 120 kgs lighter than the Piranha as weighed empty, on the same public weigh bridge, on the same trailer and with an identical fuel load.
Both boats have the same overall length, but the Rib-X hull is 30cm longer, the tubes on the Piranha being massive in comparison and overhanging the hull at the stern by 90cm.
The difference on the water is startling, like night and day.
The Rib-X feels light, lively and responsive. It achieves 32 knots with three up and a full fuel tank (90 litres). The Piranha struggled to do 27 knots with one up. The Rib-X rides high, whereas the Piranha stayed low in the water with at least two thirds of the side tubes staying on the water when under way.
I am so pleased with the Rib-X and it was such a bonus to be shown around the Rib-X factory by Colin Baldwin the CEO, and see the construction of the boat in detail. Colin takes great pride in his products and it is obvious that he really knows his stuff, where designing and building boats is concerned.
My advice from bitter experience will always be, don't take the chance on a Chinese RIB, chances are it will be poorly built and possibly, as was the case with the Piranha that I bought, unsafe.
CJ
Attachment 119223
No doubt many chinese made boats are low quality and probably no place for comparison with european made boats. Question remains if by the price difference you can get good quality chinese boat that will satisfy you! Also deoends on your needs.
I dont know pirrahna but x pro/highfield serms to do just fine.
As for mine, i can say when get it in a month and see performance. Friend of mine has one almost 2 years and very pleased.
Old 27 April 2017, 10:17   #9

In my area there is no local builder fir ribs. Getting one from europe means paying twice as local person will pay for same boat due to shipping and taxes.
Will be less reasonable buying chinese boat if you live in europe..otherwise prices may be worth compromizing abit asuuming getting fine chinese boat
Old 27 April 2017, 11:08   #10

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
The best people to take advice from are the people that have owned one and that no longer own one [emoji6] [emoji106]
You can take a Horse to water Steve.....

...Some will just stampede and Jump right on in though!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2017, 12:45   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
You can take a Horse to water Steve.....

...Some will just stampede and Jump right on in though!
No horses here but open minded people with different backgrounds, locations, needs, budgets and considerations..cannot be one formula suits all people..maybe you should think out of box or out of consensus sometimes.
Do you have few thousand dollars to give me as a gift so i can get humber or xs rib? If not then give rsspect here to everybody who thinks different and respect forum rules. Without those chinese ribs my dream fulfilling would have waited couple of years. Thanks but no thanks!
Old 27 April 2017, 12:46   #12

Quote:
No horses here but open minded people with different backgrounds, locations, needs, budgets and considerations..cannot be one formula suits all people..maybe you should think out of box or out of consensus sometimes.
Do you have few thousand dollars to give me as a gift so i can get humber or xs rib? If not then give rsspect here to everybody who thinks different and respect forum rules. Without those chinese ribs my dream fulfilling would have waited couple of years. Thanks but no thanks!
You might be very disappointed after a year or two...
Old 27 April 2017, 12:51   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
You might be very disappointed after a year or two...
And i may not. Stop this judgment please.
Igot a feeling some people here would not support me even if i come five years from now smiling about what wonderful chinese boat i had last five years..those people would still have claims. Any way, no one is coming to blame you if thise chinese boats turn to be total disaster
Old 27 April 2017, 12:52   #14

RIBase
Sameh, where are you located? If in the Mediterranean, then there are plenty rib makers in Italy, Greece , France etc. Much better options than China. Imho [emoji106]
Old 27 April 2017, 12:58   #15

Quote:
Sameh, where are you located? If in the Mediterranean, then there are plenty rib makers in Italy, Greece , France etc. Much better options than China. Imho [emoji106]
You are correct but still cannot afford price difference.
Old 27 April 2017, 12:59   #16

Quote:
Israel
Old 27 April 2017, 13:09   #17

Quote:
Igot a feeling some people here would not support me even if i come five years from now smiling about what wonderful chinese boat i had last five years..those people would still have claims. Any way, no one is coming to blame you if thise chinese boats turn to be total disaster
What material is the RIB you ordered?
Old 27 April 2017, 13:13   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
What material is the RIB you ordered?
Fiber+hypalonClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170422-WA0007.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	119224Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170419-WA0000.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	119225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170418-WA0022.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	119226
Old 27 April 2017, 13:30   #19

RIBase
Quote:
Sameh, this is a site where advice is asked for and advice is given..... sometimes right and sometimes wrong but mainly right [emoji6] [emoji106] . Myself and a few others have been foolish enough to have purchased Chinese made ribs and suffered the consequences by being enticed by low ££ . You have already ordered yours so best of luck with that.

When you get it out on the water let us know how it goes and like you say in 5 years time it might turn out to be a great boat for you. But I believe that the end result will be the same as the rest of us who have owned one.

The old saying " you only get what you pay for " still stands to this day. [emoji6] [emoji106]
Old 29 April 2017, 03:57   #20

Town: Langkawi, Malaysia
Length: no boat
Chinese RIBS

Hi, There are about 200 RIB manufactures in Chine but only 4 are quite reliable in terms of workmanship. I have been importing from the manufacturer direct for sale China made RIBS for the past 7 years and I have not had any complaints yet with regards to the quality of the workmanship and I am on the Equator. Liyanya and Highfield are quite reliable in terms of workmanship and they use the ORCA brand of hypalon for their tubes. They are worth a try.

Tags
rib