Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 21 February 2005, 02:53   #51
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge Rat
.......
Why should No Fear feel he needs to seek advise before publishing his bad experience with PBS ? surely if he has the correspondance, surveys by independant surveyors and photographic evidence he has nothing to fear, liable is only liable if the statements are untrue !

....
Absolutely right. Only one small error, in the fact that PBS did not exist when Peter bought the hull off Jono and you can easily confirm that, which is what I suggest you do so before making such allegations. The phone line for PBS is on my desk here, where it has been since the company started trading. Why don't you confirm with Peter how many times he has rung PBS, if that's who he has been dealing with? I'll think you may be surprised that the answer is none. If he had 'phoned PBS it would have been myself he had been speaking to as point of contact and not Jono.

Pete7, publicly on this forum thread, said that you did not know Peter and you didnít correct that, so I assume it to be correct. Therefore Iím curious as to why you seem to have such a strong opinion on the rights and wrongs of the tube fitment? Personally, I have seen that boat, many times, after Peter rigged it, on itís journeys up and down the country to various suppliers, so feel that I am in a reasonable position to give an opinion. However, as it has been stated that you do not know Peter, why do you feel that you are in the same position?
Regards, Jono... the one who DOES pick up his messages...
__________________

__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 02:54   #52
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton
Peter

Not received any messages from you.

You can contact me on 07966 311858 when its not wet or Jono@Professional-Powerboat-Training.co.uk

Pete7 and Little Rat

Suggest you stop stiring shit now!!!

You really dont know what your on about
Calm down, young fella!!!..... You don't know how long I've waited to say that... At last I can use growing older to my advantage...
__________________

__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 03:00   #53
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Calm down, young fella!!!..... You don't know how long I've waited to say that... At last I can use growing older to my advantage...
Jono for the first time here we actually agree on something, Jono G suggest you leave this to the big boys, at least Big Jono doesn't become abusive and spit the dummy every time he hears something he doesn't like
__________________
Bilge Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 03:03   #54
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetheboat
I would like to point out that Shakespeare International Marine Ltd.
are simply the hull manufacturers and a completly autonomous company.
And are simply suppliers to the other parties mentioned in this thread - the hull that was on offer (which is what started this thread) was available direct from ourselves to all and everyone in an open public auction!


Stevetheboat
Absolutely spot on. I am not "connected" to anyone with the exception of Jono at PBS. Steve will supply hulls to anyone (tart.. ) likewise Ed at Olmec( ).. PBS has no financial agreement with anyone.

My offer to mediate was based purely on the basis that I have some knowledge of the situation, I am in contact with most of the people involved, I seem to be able to reach Jono on the 'phone where others fail and, most importantly, I have a huge reserve of patience and calm....
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 03:37   #55
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by no fear
Jono,I seeyou like to play with words and enjoy sarcasm....
Peter,
I apologise if that is the way the posts have come over; it was certainly not my intention to appear that way. I was, perhaps, getting a touch frustrated when Bilge seemed not to be able to differentiate between fitment and size. I do admit to liking the English language, as you may have noticed by my tendency to ramble, ...but ďword gamesĒ I leave to others.
As to the matter of the A frame? I was merely confused, because I was under the impression that you had had the A frame and it had been returned when it didnít clear your larger engine. I have spoken to Jono and he has confirmed that there is another A frame, of a different type, along with some other items, waiting to go down to Henshaws to pick up at the same time as you pick up your boat. Please let me know if that is as per your understanding.
Regards, Jono
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 03:41   #56
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge Rat
Jono for the first time here we actually agree on something, Jono G suggest you leave this to the big boys, at least Big Jono doesn't become abusive and spit the dummy every time he hears something he doesn't like
...and the same applies to you, although I have no knowledge of your age.. Trading direct insults should only be used as a last resort...
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 03:44   #57
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
...am I becoming a "post whore"?... ..think I'll leave now.........
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 03:57   #58
Member
 
Pete7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Pete7, publicly on this forum thread, said that you did not know Peter and you didnít correct that, so I assume it to be correct.
As I have already said, correct.
Quote:
Therefore Iím curious as to why you seem to have such a strong opinion on the rights and wrongs of the tube fitment?
I haven't and you have just maked this up.
Quote:
However, as it has been stated that you do not know Peter, why do you feel that you are in the same position?
Oh dear, I haven't and you have just maked this up.

My only comment about the tubes was I would be interested in buying them, but given there history it would be at trade price for second hand tubes, say £1k.

Pete7
__________________
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 03:59   #59
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: Delta 1
Make: Delta
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mariner 90hp Optimax
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,367
Rat

Belive me, my dummy was spat out the pram a long time ago.

Didnt mean any offence -

By saying you dont know what your on about - I mean you dont know all the facts, faults, responses, repairs etc and its up to Peter to tell the story if he wants to tell it.

and by saying Stop stiring, well are you telling me your not stiring?

Jono is correct when he says this was before PBS, infact i purchased peters hull of Stevetheboat via e-bay, it was my very first shakespeare and was going to be my personal boat, i was gonna keep it for my self however when i was pestered to sell it, i sent it down for tubing with ed @ olmec and sold it to Peter who was gonna put a 90 Ficht on it and a double jockey console.

Untill recent post's I belived Peter was happy with the outcome and belived the matter to be shortly closed. Obviously this is not the case, but still no emails, messages, phonecalls from Peter ???
__________________
JG Marine Services Ltd Specialist Safety Boat Services

Bodfuan Shoot Ltd Traditional British Game Shooting
Jono Garton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2005, 04:06   #60
Member
 
Pete7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
...am I becoming a "post whore"?... ..think I'll leave now.........
Jono, you were held in high regard on this forum by its members, you advice has always been sound and you are well liked. What I cannot understand therefore why you have become invovled in this. It certainly can't be fun for you and there must be easier ways of making money than trying to sell ribs. As you say Steve will sell anyone a rib, therefore I would choose to go straight to the manufacturer and cut out the middle men thereby saving the commission.

Peter
__________________

__________________
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.