Old 19 February 2005, 12:03   #41

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by no fear
I have recently been away and not looked on the forum but however my mobile has been on for henshaws to contact me .Does anyone know if jono garton is around because it appears he is ignoring my messages conserning the a-frame i have paid for and the other items i have been promised weeks ogo posible months actualy it seems my tubes have been talked about i have not had time to read all threads so wil not cment untill i come back from another trip to france on the 3 march
Jono G is down in Southampton at the moment decorating his new offices. He will, as far as I know, be back sometime next week if all goes well. I have left a couple of messages for him on his mobile and would expect him to call me on Monday. I'll tell him you're after him.
I'm a little confused over the A frame comment. Did you not recieve the A frame/Ski frame that you ordered to fit when you had the smaller engine plannned? Did you not return it when you put a larger engine on and found it wouldn't clear the hood on tilt? Did you not get a credit for it? Have I got you mixed up with someone else?
Let me know if I'm wrong and I'll square it with Jono when he returns.
Old 19 February 2005, 12:30   #42

Quote:
I wish to make it crystal clear to everyone that due to the inacuracy of comments from trade members about my veiws about my boats tubes i have no choice other than to prepare a detailed account of all documented corispondense which will take some time as as i explained will be after 4 march so i sugest every get on with what they enjoy most of all ribbing best regards to every one Peter Randall

Peter,
You must do as you see fit, but I would suggest that, in the interests of a balanced view point, you put up all the correspondence, in date order with the requisite photographs and survey reports Etc. If you are missing any when you publish these, I will ask Jono, Steve, Ed or Dave to fill in any gaps for you.
As you remember, this was a boat you bought privately off Jono prior to his starting up in business as PBS However, as everyone seems quite keen to name companies, might I suggest that it may be a good idea to take some advice before you do so, especially on a public forum?
I will repeat my offer to you, to mediate in any disagreement you may have with Jono in what is, essentially, a private matter. If you no longer have my ‘phone number, PM me and I will re-send it to you.
Cheers, Jono…. T’other one
Old 19 February 2005, 13:08   #43

Town: emsworth
Boat name: the black stuff
Make: BALLISTIC
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2 x 200hp etec's
there is only one thing to say ,

paintball will settle it
Old 19 February 2005, 18:34   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVA
there is only one thing to say ,

paintball will settle it
Yeah........ Cool! Will try and attend.... but take it easy on an old fella...
Old 19 February 2005, 20:45   #45

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Jono,I seeyou like to play with words and enjoy sarcasm.The facts i,m interested in are in november jono g appologised for not sending A-frame and things back with boat after two further promises i still do not have them .I would add when i originaly bought boat i was unaware i bought it privately .When garton imformed me of this by e-mail months later I saw little point in discussing this.I am unaware of any dispute at present but just how long do i have to wait.You may meadiate to resolve this matter Thankyou Peter Randall
Old 20 February 2005, 20:23   #46

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Peter,
You must do as you see fit, but I would suggest that, in the interests of a balanced view point, you put up all the correspondence, in date order with the requisite photographs and survey reports Etc. If you are missing any when you publish these, I will ask Jono, Steve, Ed or Dave to fill in any gaps for you.
As you remember, this was a boat you bought privately off Jono prior to his starting up in business as PBS However, as everyone seems quite keen to name companies, might I suggest that it may be a good idea to take some advice before you do so, especially on a public forum?
I will repeat my offer to you, to mediate in any disagreement you may have with Jono in what is, essentially, a private matter. If you no longer have my ‘phone number, PM me and I will re-send it to you.
Cheers, Jono…. T’other one
Jono are you not connected business wise with Jono Garton, Ed and Steven the boat, if you are then i'd suggest you are not the right person to mediate in this situation, your opinion could be seen as biase towards others.

Name and shame and give credit where its due, after all sharing experiences is what ribnet is all about, wouldn't you agree.

Why should No Fear feel he needs to seek advise before publishing his bad experience with PBS ? surely if he has the correspondance, surveys by independant surveyors and photographic evidence he has nothing to fear, liable is only liable if the statements are untrue !

The fact that the boat was sold "privately" makes no difference if you promised to deliver something or provide a service that is stated by contract you should deliver.

I look forward to reading No Fears complete account of his dealings with PBS
Old 20 February 2005, 20:33   #47

Town: Pwllheli-North Wales
Boat name: V-ONE
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 250hp
Fear Not

Peter

Not received any messages from you.

You can contact me on 07966 311858 when its not wet or Jono@Professional-Powerboat-Training.co.uk

Pete7 and Little Rat

Suggest you stop stiring shit now!!!

You really dont know what your on about
Old 20 February 2005, 20:37   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton
Pete7 and Little Rat

Jono if this is true then that makes two of us
Old 20 February 2005, 20:40   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge Rat
Jono if this is true then that makes two of us
Correct you and Pete7
Old 21 February 2005, 06:22   #50

Town: Worcestershire
Make: Various
Engine: O/B + Sterndrives Di
Quote:
Jono are you not connected business wise with Jono Garton, Ed and Steven the boat, if you are then i'd suggest you are not the right person to mediate in this situation, your opinion could be seen as biase towards others.
I would like to point out that Shakespeare International Marine Ltd.
are simply the hull manufacturers and a completly autonomous company.
And are simply suppliers to the other parties mentioned in this thread - the hull that was on offer (which is what started this thread) was available direct from ourselves to all and everyone in an open public auction!

Stevetheboat
Old 21 February 2005, 06:53   #51

Quote:
Why should No Fear feel he needs to seek advise before publishing his bad experience with PBS ? surely if he has the correspondance, surveys by independant surveyors and photographic evidence he has nothing to fear, liable is only liable if the statements are untrue !

Absolutely right. Only one small error, in the fact that PBS did not exist when Peter bought the hull off Jono and you can easily confirm that, which is what I suggest you do so before making such allegations. The phone line for PBS is on my desk here, where it has been since the company started trading. Why don't you confirm with Peter how many times he has rung PBS, if that's who he has been dealing with? I'll think you may be surprised that the answer is none. If he had 'phoned PBS it would have been myself he had been speaking to as point of contact and not Jono.

Pete7, publicly on this forum thread, said that you did not know Peter and you didn’t correct that, so I assume it to be correct. Therefore I’m curious as to why you seem to have such a strong opinion on the rights and wrongs of the tube fitment? Personally, I have seen that boat, many times, after Peter rigged it, on it’s journeys up and down the country to various suppliers, so feel that I am in a reasonable position to give an opinion. However, as it has been stated that you do not know Peter, why do you feel that you are in the same position?
Regards, Jono... the one who DOES pick up his messages...
Old 21 February 2005, 06:54   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono Garton
Peter

Not received any messages from you.

You can contact me on 07966 311858 when its not wet or Jono@Professional-Powerboat-Training.co.uk

Pete7 and Little Rat

Calm down, young fella!!!..... You don't know how long I've waited to say that... At last I can use growing older to my advantage...
Old 21 February 2005, 07:00   #53

Quote:
Calm down, young fella!!!..... You don't know how long I've waited to say that... At last I can use growing older to my advantage...
Jono for the first time here we actually agree on something, Jono G suggest you leave this to the big boys, at least Big Jono doesn't become abusive and spit the dummy every time he hears something he doesn't like
Old 21 February 2005, 07:03   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevetheboat
I would like to point out that Shakespeare International Marine Ltd.
are simply the hull manufacturers and a completly autonomous company.
And are simply suppliers to the other parties mentioned in this thread - the hull that was on offer (which is what started this thread) was available direct from ourselves to all and everyone in an open public auction!

Stevetheboat
Absolutely spot on. I am not "connected" to anyone with the exception of Jono at PBS. Steve will supply hulls to anyone (tart.. ) likewise Ed at Olmec( ).. PBS has no financial agreement with anyone.

My offer to mediate was based purely on the basis that I have some knowledge of the situation, I am in contact with most of the people involved, I seem to be able to reach Jono on the 'phone where others fail and, most importantly, I have a huge reserve of patience and calm....
Old 21 February 2005, 07:37   #55

Quote:
Jono,I seeyou like to play with words and enjoy sarcasm....
Peter,
I apologise if that is the way the posts have come over; it was certainly not my intention to appear that way. I was, perhaps, getting a touch frustrated when Bilge seemed not to be able to differentiate between fitment and size. I do admit to liking the English language, as you may have noticed by my tendency to ramble, ...but “word games” I leave to others.
As to the matter of the A frame? I was merely confused, because I was under the impression that you had had the A frame and it had been returned when it didn’t clear your larger engine. I have spoken to Jono and he has confirmed that there is another A frame, of a different type, along with some other items, waiting to go down to Henshaws to pick up at the same time as you pick up your boat. Please let me know if that is as per your understanding.
Regards, Jono
Old 21 February 2005, 07:41   #56

Quote:
Jono for the first time here we actually agree on something, Jono G suggest you leave this to the big boys, at least Big Jono doesn't become abusive and spit the dummy every time he hears something he doesn't like
...and the same applies to you, although I have no knowledge of your age.. Trading direct insults should only be used as a last resort...
Old 21 February 2005, 07:44   #57

...am I becoming a "post whore"?... ..think I'll leave now.........
Old 21 February 2005, 07:57   #58

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Pete7, publicly on this forum thread, said that you did not know Peter and you didn’t correct that, so I assume it to be correct.
As I have already said, correct.
Quote:
Therefore I’m curious as to why you seem to have such a strong opinion on the rights and wrongs of the tube fitment?
I haven't and you have just maked this up.
Quote:
However, as it has been stated that you do not know Peter, why do you feel that you are in the same position?
Oh dear, I haven't and you have just maked this up.

My only comment about the tubes was I would be interested in buying them, but given there history it would be at trade price for second hand tubes, say £1k.

Pete7
Old 21 February 2005, 07:59   #59

Rat

Belive me, my dummy was spat out the pram a long time ago.

Didnt mean any offence -

By saying you dont know what your on about - I mean you dont know all the facts, faults, responses, repairs etc and its up to Peter to tell the story if he wants to tell it.

and by saying Stop stiring, well are you telling me your not stiring?

Jono is correct when he says this was before PBS, infact i purchased peters hull of Stevetheboat via e-bay, it was my very first shakespeare and was going to be my personal boat, i was gonna keep it for my self however when i was pestered to sell it, i sent it down for tubing with ed @ olmec and sold it to Peter who was gonna put a 90 Ficht on it and a double jockey console.

Untill recent post's I belived Peter was happy with the outcome and belived the matter to be shortly closed. Obviously this is not the case, but still no emails, messages, phonecalls from Peter ???
Old 21 February 2005, 08:06   #60

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
...am I becoming a "post whore"?... ..think I'll leave now.........
Jono, you were held in high regard on this forum by its members, you advice has always been sound and you are well liked. What I cannot understand therefore why you have become invovled in this. It certainly can't be fun for you and there must be easier ways of making money than trying to sell ribs. As you say Steve will sell anyone a rib, therefore I would choose to go straight to the manufacturer and cut out the middle men thereby saving the commission.

Peter