Old 16 February 2005, 20:10   #21

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge Rat
and its transpired (thanks to the other Jono) that these tubes do not actually fit !

... am I missing something? Who said the tubes don't fit? Not me... I said he wasn't happy with THE fit of the tubes...Ie the way they had been fitted.. not that they don't fit.... The tubes from the "other" supplier that Pete has gone to has longer sponsons from the transom back, per the type that we now specify to give more support to heavier engines. If you look at Jono's latest boat with the non-tapered tubes you'll see what he means... it also gives the engine a bit more protection from behind... oo err missus.....
Both tube suppliers will accomodate this if you specify. Not really required if you are not putting the largest engine options on the back and these are the tubes that came off Peter's boat......confused? You will be...
Oh.. and the hull was for sale by Shakespeare... but Jono's bought it....
Old 16 February 2005, 20:25   #22

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Jono... below quoted from your original reply

[/QUOTE]
What I will say is that the original fit was rushed through by the first supplier to meet an unrealistic delivery date and was delivered in the dark. Always a big mistake! When the problem of fit was discovered,
[/QUOTE]

So the first set of tubes didn't actually fit !!! is this correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
I would state that the original tube supplier reacted in a reasonable and professional manner. However I suggest that the first fitting knocked the customer’s confidence and as he was not comfortable with the second fitting,
And after attempting to rectify the original fitting problem the customer chose to go elsewhere for tubes for his Rib as you have quoted below.

[/QUOTE]

he chose to have a set of tubes made elsewhere.

We, at PBS are still happy to use either Tube builder and currently have boats with both of them.

If you wish to purchase the tubes that Jono has, I would suggest that you contact him directly and he will be happy to do a deal with you, no doubt. [/QUOTE]

If these tubes Jono is selling are the original ill fitting tubes what makes you think they will fit on a hull the same size any better ?
Old 16 February 2005, 21:21   #23

Allright..I'll make it even more simple.......

The tubes were not fitted properly the first time.... they were not mounted centrally. They are the right size but were not FITTED properly because they were rushed. It ended up with the pointy bit at the front of the tube not lining up with the pointy bit of the boat and therefore the length of overhang past the transom at the blunt end of the boat was different side to side..... there was also a slight twist in the FITTING..NOT the tubes...
A simple analogy.. you put a Tshirt on inside out in the dark... it's a good T shirt and its the right size... you just fitted it wrong... you take it off and put it back on the right way round.... Easy..Innit?
And those tubes are now likely to be fitted to my boat now...so there's no need for you to agonize over them any longer....
Old 16 February 2005, 21:34   #24

Town: Dartmouth
Length: 6m +
OK, it was my company, Olmec that suppplied and fitted the original tubes for the boat in question, the first time that the tubes were put on they did not go on properly and mistakes were made, bad mistakes, this was a combination of poor workmanship on behalf of one of my employees who no longer works for me and myself not checking them sufficiently before they left the workshop.
We accepted the boat back, removed the tubes and refitted them to the satisfaction of our customer, unfortunately the owner of the boat did not agree that the tubes had been fitted properly the second time and so chose to have the tubes supplied and fited elsewhere. The tubes are now in a box at my workshop ready to be fitted to another 6.2 mtr hull.
We have put tubes on to approximately 10 of these boats, i have owned one myself until recently and these tubes do not differ in size or shape to any of the others which have all been completed to the satisfaction of the end owners.
The responsibility ultimately falls upon me to ensure that what goes out the door is done properly. We are a small company which has seen unprecedented growth in the last year, delegation of responsibilities has now been taken care of and the problems rectified.
I hope that this clears things up
Old 17 February 2005, 07:17   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribraff
OK, it was my company, Olmec that suppplied and fitted the original tubes for the boat in question, the first time that the tubes were put on they did not go on properly and mistakes were made, bad mistakes, this was a combination of poor workmanship on behalf of one of my employees who no longer works for me and myself not checking them sufficiently before they left the workshop.
We accepted the boat back, removed the tubes and refitted them to the satisfaction of our customer, unfortunately the owner of the boat did not agree that the tubes had been fitted properly the second time and so chose to have the tubes supplied and fited elsewhere. The tubes are now in a box at my workshop ready to be fitted to another 6.2 mtr hull.
We have put tubes on to approximately 10 of these boats, i have owned one myself until recently and these tubes do not differ in size or shape to any of the others which have all been completed to the satisfaction of the end owners.
The responsibility ultimately falls upon me to ensure that what goes out the door is done properly. We are a small company which has seen unprecedented growth in the last year, delegation of responsibilities has now been taken care of and the problems rectified.
I hope that this clears things up
Ed thanks for being so honest about the tubes, even if we did have to go around the houses to get here
Old 17 February 2005, 07:34   #26

Quote:
Ed thanks for being so honest about the tubes, even if we did have to go around the houses to get here
Round the houses? I think more a case of some folks not being able to understand the difference between the fitting of a set of tubes and the size of a set of tubes...now if you would also like to be "honest" and state what the reason was behind your keen interest in a set of tubes that you have no intention of purchasing?
The reason I didn't mention that Olmec made the tubes was that it is fairly obvious that some people seem to assume that since the tubes were fit incorrectly that there must be something wrong with the tubes, which is not the case. Therefore it would have been unfair to tarnish Ed's reputation by linking it to such misunderstanding.
Old 17 February 2005, 08:28   #27

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Yes more than happy to declare my hand and explain my intentions.

I had every intention of bidding on Jonos hull during the first e bay auction. However when the price started to rise sharply from a “trade” price up to a “retail” price by someone called Injs5, I gave up. The tubes would have been of interest to complete the boat.

To see the boat appear back on e bay a week later being sold by Steve looked a little odd and begged the question what is going on here and the thought of who am I actually bidding against and who owns the boat etc.

However now Jono has bought the boat I am sure he will make good use of it in one of his schools.

Peter
Old 17 February 2005, 09:20   #28

Aaah right, now I see it all. You saw a generic picture of a 620 hull in two adverts and you assume it's the same hull, not one of the several that we have had built/ under build. Now I understand your confusion. I have looked at the adverts that Jono has put up and would be quite confused myself... and I've seen most of the hulls in my workshop... In fact, I'm still not quite sure where all our boats are or have gone. I'm convinced that we've sold the "Police" boat twice.....bugger! Best have another hull made...sharpish!.... good job Jono handles the sales side of things

So you seriously want to buy a Shakespeare? Feel free to advise what spec/stage/ tube options you require and I or Jono will generate a quote for you.

One question though... why, even when Steve at Shakespeare clarified that this hull was direct from him, did you not bid on it at a price below trade? Still, it means we bagged a bargain...

What I don't understand is your using of Bilgerat to ask questions for you....
Old 17 February 2005, 09:42   #29

Quote:
Sorry Jono you have this all wrong, Pete 7 was not using me to ask questions about the tubes, in this particluar case i was mearly querious to know why the tubes had been removed from No Fears hull, why he was unhappy with the fit, why he was now going elsewhere even after the fitting problem had been rectified and finally why knowing the tubes didn't fit (in your words) you were now attempting to sell them on to someone either via Ebay or ribnet ?

I have no problem with Olmec, shit does happen and sometimes even with the best intentions things will go wrong, Ed very gratiously gave his side of the problem now for all to see in black and white, i believe he's probably done himself more good than harm from doing this.
Old 17 February 2005, 09:56   #30

You still don't get it, do you? The tubes fit. they are the same size as all the other tubes that have been fit. The FITTING was wrong not the tubes.... Why do you think the tubes won't fit another hull? Read Ed's explanation again. He states it quite clearly.... Or are you making a direct accusation that Jono is trying to sell the tubes in the knowledge that they are the wrong size, despite Ed telling you that is not the case?

Why did Pete7 then reply, to a question directed at you, that he was "holding his hand up"? Is this just an attempt to confuse a poor Midlander? I'm gonna have to watch you "Southern boys"..
Old 17 February 2005, 10:30   #31

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
One question though... why, even when Steve at Shakespeare clarified that this hull was direct from him, did you not bid on it at a price below trade? Still, it means we bagged a bargain...
Because in the first e bay auction Jono was selling the boat and Ijns5 who is Jonos little helper was bidding on it, so I would be in a no win situation and wondered if the second one would be the same.
Quote:
So you seriously want to buy a Shakespeare? Feel free to advise what spec/stage/ tube options you require and I or Jono will generate a quote for you.
Believe it or not and despite all that has been said on this thread I am still interested in this boat and those tubes at trade
Quote:
I haven't, you added 2+2 and came up with 5. We are 150 miles apart, I don't think we have ever met, the only exception might have been the sub 5m cruise round the Isle of Wight middle of last year, but I can't remember is Bilge Rat was on that or not.

Pete
Old 17 February 2005, 10:43   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
I haven't, you added 2+2 and came up with 5. We are 150 miles apart, I don't think we have ever met, the only exception might have been the sub 5m cruise round the Isle of Wight middle of last year, but I can't remember is Bilge Rat was on that or not.

Pete
Pete yeah i was there, can remember your diesel smoking us all out
Old 17 February 2005, 10:49   #33

Quote:
Because in the first e bay auction Jono was selling the boat and Ijns5 who is Jonos little helper was bidding on it, so I would be in a no win situation and wondered if the second one would be the same.

Pete
So the plot thickens.....a bidding syndicate, wonder what Ebay would think about this, false bidding to push the price up
Old 17 February 2005, 19:47   #34

First, can I apologise about any spelling/ttypos..but I've fecked' my spell checker...

Quote:
Is it the same boat? I know that both we and Shakey have several boats on order/in build/in stock. Shakey are clearing 'em out as quick as they can to tool up for Revenger work. If Jono has been using "his little helper" to push up the price, I'll give him a bollicking when I see him. What I don't understand, as a E-bay-phobic why you would need to do that. Why not just put on a reserve? Or is that me being naive?...

Quote:
Believe it or not and despite all that has been said on this thread I am still interested in this boat and those tubes at trade
Excellent...., but I'm gonna be having the one Jono's just bought off Steve, 'cause me big 'Umber will be "darn Sarf" this season, so I want a boat for "oop North " too...

Quote:
Sorry for the mistake, but when you replied to the question to Bilge with the comment about "putting your hands up", I naturally assumed that's what you were refering too.. Oops.. silly me!
Old 17 February 2005, 19:50   #35

Quote:
So the plot thickens.....a bidding syndicate, wonder what Ebay would think about this, false bidding to push the price up
... about as much as I think about you accusing Jono of selling tubes that won't fit a boat, when even the Tube maker, Ed, has confirmed they will....
Old 18 February 2005, 08:12   #36

Quote:
... about as much as I think about you accusing Jono of selling tubes that won't fit a boat, when even the Tube maker, Ed, has confirmed they will....
Jono... I really think you need to read back through this entire post as i've not accussed anyone of anything ! i've mearly asked the questions and yourself, Jono Garton and Ed have supplied the answers, i was unaware of Jono Gartons secret little helper pushing up ebay bids when this all started.
Old 18 February 2005, 13:40   #37

Thanks Pete
Old 18 February 2005, 15:15   #38

Quote:
....finally why knowing the tubes didn't fit (in your words) you were now attempting to sell them on to someone either via Ebay or ribnet ?

So what the feck's this statement then?
Old 19 February 2005, 05:32   #39

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
my tubes

I have recently been away and not looked on the forum but however my mobile has been on for henshaws to contact me .Does anyone know if jono garton is around because it appears he is ignoring my messages conserning the a-frame i have paid for and the other items i have been promised weeks ogo posible months actualy it seems my tubes have been talked about i have not had time to read all threads so wil not cment untill i come back from another trip to france on the 3 march
Old 19 February 2005, 05:53   #40

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
I wish to make it crystal clear to everyone that due to the inacuracy of comments from trade members about my veiws about my boats tubes i have no choice other than to prepare a detailed account of all documented corispondense which will take some time as as i explained will be after 4 march so i sugest every get on with what they enjoy most of all ribbing best regards to every one Peter Randall