Old 28 April 2006, 09:07   #211

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeewayComposite
We have had contracts for the following company/organizations.

Disney
... Sorry, Lee, a cheap shot, I agree, but I couldn't resist it.

Old 28 April 2006, 09:15   #212

Town: swansea
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatfish
Have been watching this thread with interest. Can I question you're motives JF? It seems like you're not simply against splashing...

Are you deliberately trying to tear apart the reputation of an upcoming boat builder?

Of those 3, number 1 is the only one relevant, and that's up for debate. If it was a splash, it's up to the original manufacturer to defend it, not the public. I agree that it is not correct to copy someone's design, but in the modern market it happens all the time, and if things weren't copied and modified then nothing would ever improve.

I must admit that some of the posts have been rather disappointing for the community. Endless strings of personal insults and slurs that is serving no purpose other than damaging Leeways reputation, in some cases without any basis.

Like I said, if it is a splash, let the designer deal with it. You're accusations and assumptions (quite possibly misplaced) could be killing the hopes of someone that is trying hard to make it into a competitive industry, and providing us with a range of superb quality RIBs at fantastic prices (as quoted by his customers). C'mon, keep you're assumptions to yourself and spend you're time more productively (either building boats or using them!)

All the best Leeway...

Gree with this........productive discussion please

Old 28 April 2006, 09:22   #213

Town: I.O.W
Boat name: Leeway
Make: leeway 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp = 73mph :0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
i think leeway thinks i have a vendetta against him, i dont! this subject has been covered many times before, not only here, but on another forum, this thread is the only one i have commented on, and only because i have seen a boat in the flesh with time to look around it and form an opinion on it.
I have only questioned the origins of the hull and the Designed in hook.
we all know you are good friends with jon fuller and you make boats so joining him in his quest to "TRY" and destry the reputation of your competitors..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav

As you will have read, there are members from other forum who know phantoms like the backs of their hands! Its clear to see that a straight lift has been taken off a phantom 18(discussed, proven, in a previous thread!)
"proven" i think not. i have proof this is not the case and will disclose that in a court of law if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
The Phantom 25 is next, if not already done. !)
my 8.3 holds alot of similarities to the pant-um 25, but is not a splash as it is differant in many ways and i will show proof in a court of law if need be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
Anyone with any savvy i'm quite positive would take this opportunity to come crashing down on his "accusers" with a barage of pictures, drawings etc. I and others could eat humble pie, and Leeway Composites would be laughing all the way to the bank!
this debate is getting my ribs know all over the world why stop??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
So i'll leave it at that, i'm sure Lee will come along with another vague "scoot around the subject" !
thankyou..
Old 28 April 2006, 09:35   #214
Gav

Town: Midlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeewayComposite

my 8.3 holds alot of similarities to the pant-um 25, but is not a splash as it is differant in many ways and i will show proof in a court of law if need be.

funny how your boat range all "hold similarities" to phantoms.
Old 28 April 2006, 09:53   #215

Town: boston
Boat name: Miss bad 61
Make: Crapko, AKA Mako
Length: 5m +
Engine: OMC Mod50
well G L,
I think it's a good thing, that with the info hear, you got a good idea of what to look for, so you could make an informed decition for your self.
Old 28 April 2006, 09:54   #216

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Some of the posts seem to doubt quality of these RIBS.

I have recently seen and been in one of these Leeway RIBS, and I have to say the quality and workmanship is ABSOLUTELY SUPERB.

They deserve to sell well.
Old 28 April 2006, 10:14   #217

Town: Fareham
Makes me laugh reading this thread.

Seems like Lee is getting increasing support for the members here.

Vendetta.....Yes it seems that way and certainly looks that way.

I haven't met Lee, but have spoken to him and dealt with an employee/partner when I bought a seat base, seems like a decent guy and business and am happy with what he supplied me.

If there are Copyright problems with the hull then I don't see that it's anyones concern other that that of the original Designer (too many people on the wind up) and if Lee says that he can proove in a court of law, then why disbelive him.

Good luck Lee.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2006, 10:17   #218

Town: Mayfair, London
Make: RibEye/Ferretti 881
Engine: Yamaha 25/Twin MTU
Well said Hightower
Old 28 April 2006, 10:18   #219

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatfish
Have been watching this thread with interest. Can I question you're motives JF? It seems like you're not simply against splashing...
Well spotted! unlike a good few people on here, who's only interest is saving a few quid (read, greedy & mean) I also happen to despise liars, and anyone who tries to insult my inteligence, Leeway continues to do both.

I'd like to clear up another apparent myth.

'CUT N SHUT'.

What an interesting phrase!

A term used to describe the act of taking one half of a car (the un damaged end) and welding to another, with the intension of creating a complete car, that to the untrained eye will look like an ordinary, legitimate and undamaged vehicle.

How then, does this term find it's way into boatbuilding?

The front of a Merc 500sl, is rather unlikely to blend too well with the rear of a Seat Ibiza, is it.

So, this 'Cut n Shut' hull...made from two hard boat running surfaces, how does that work?
A hull, any hull, is made up of thousands of unique curves, angles and details, deadrise angle and type, number, style and size of spray rails, beam, is it a delta or parallel hull. virtually infinite are the differences tween one and another and the chances of two different hulls being close enough to build a hybrid from are zilch. I'd go as far as to say, the only rear half of a boat that the front half of a P18 would fit (or visa-versa) is another P18!

This story of a cut n shut is pure poppycock, and another complete lie from Leeway. In fact it makes me laugh that people on this site are even using the phrase at all with respect to hull design, as is gives (in a sad and missguided way) the benifit of the doubt to leeways clear lack of understanding.

On another forum, I watched in tears as another forum member had to correct Leeways posting, where he described the hull as a 'steep vee' rather than the usual 'deep vee', and the outer most spray rail as the 'chime' rather than the 'chine'. ...quite a naval architecht in the making there me thinks.

To re-cap:

I dispise the splashing,

I dispise the bare faced lies,

And I dispise the insult to my, and many other peoples inteligence.

If he could manage to do business without the above three faults, I'd be the first to applaud him.

I concede that his ribs are clearly very cheap (even with the 10% price hike) they may even do the requird job, and thus are the ideal purchace for some of you. But be taken in by his totaly fictional story of the origins of the hull, complete with the absolute Gem of a tale about the 'cut n shut', leaves me speechles (very rare). I can only assume you're all stupid.
Old 28 April 2006, 10:28   #220
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Fuller
What an interesting phrase!
The front of a Merc 500sl, is rather unlikely to blend too well with the rear of a Seat Ibiza, is it.
You never know..........Lada S-Type anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ladastype.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	18700