Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 22 September 2007, 12:05   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,916
more freeboard now Johnny will be pleased

Its all change here ,
Saw a bargain Futura mk 3 thursday so rushed off to London for to buy it ,
Sold my rib today . so at least Iam not boatless

the Futura 3 is huge more room than my rib and the tubes are massive so much more "freeboard so I don't fall out"

Its got a 25 Yam 2 stroke on it . I am thinking of fitting a 50 tohatsu on tiller steer , but not sure if its too much . Its an inflatable floor model . Anyone using that setup here

Gotta try it out tomorrow so I shall know then , it may even get sold again if i don't like it
__________________

__________________
ian parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2007, 12:13   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Eh You've sold the 'Deviant'?
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2007, 12:16   #3
Member
 
randski's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Make: Waveline
Length: under 3m
Engine: Yamaha 2.5
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 421
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x...rs/6763-11.jpg
__________________
Bob
randski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2007, 12:34   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
the Futura 3 is huge more room than my rib and the tubes are massive so much more "freeboard so I don't fall out"

Well done! At least it's the first step on the road to being a real bote owner.

Still, until you've made a full recovery, sorry, I mean transition, up to hardboat ownership, be carefull, and stay safe.

jf
__________________
Jonny Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2007, 16:55   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Fuller View Post
Well done! At least it's the first step on the road to being a real bote owner.

Still, until you've made a full recovery, sorry, I mean transition, up to hardboat ownership, be carefull, and stay safe.

jf
Iam trying , there are a few hardboats on the list , however its huricane season down here so the I got the biggest sib i could find

Thats right the deviant is sold , I have a "bargain sib" to go play in the surf with and all winter to choose whats next .

Life aint so bad really

Bob what do want pictures of , "the sold deviant" You know what happens when I try to post pictures here ,
__________________
ian parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2007, 17:29   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
Iam trying , there are a few hardboats on the list , however its huricane season down here so the I got the biggest sib i could find

Thats right the deviant is sold , I have a "bargain sib" to go play in the surf with and all winter to choose whats next .

Life aint so bad really

Bob what do want pictures of , "the sold deviant" You know what happens when I try to post pictures here ,
I know where there's a cracking 6.5 for sale.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2007, 17:38   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I know where there's a cracking 6.5 for sale.
Are you selling smokey Joe then .
__________________
ian parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2007, 18:52   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
Are you selling smokey Joe then .
Yep, need more seats.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2007, 19:49   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Yep, need more seats.
Got similar problem my older daughter and fiance are often out with us now , Big Sib and large biscuit is all you need . Tow them behind no chance of kissing each other all the time on that thing

seriously though for reasons of space and shelter mainly the space its going to have to be a hard boat next time.
__________________
ian parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2007, 04:36   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
Got similar problem my older daughter and fiance are often out with us now , Big Sib and large biscuit is all you need . Tow them behind no chance of kissing each other all the time on that thing

seriously though for reasons of space and shelter mainly the space its going to have to be a hard boat next time.
Planing or non-planing?
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.