Old 11 July 2014, 11:30   #1

Town: Margate
Make: Between Boats
Length: no boat
Inflatable Floor

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with my inflatable floor on my C Sport Pro 3.8m.

The floor inflates in 2 halves, the starboard side inflates and even after a week it is still rock hard, the port side stays rock hard for about 12hrs then deflates, I can inflate it one day, it will still be rock hard at night, I will check again in the morning and it is still rock hard but then I return from work and it has gone down, no one is messing with it as I am the only person with access and I have covered it several times in soapy water and there is no sign of a leak.

If there was a hole then surely it would gradually go down overnight, wouldn't it??

The boat hasn't been in the water yet!!!
Old 11 July 2014, 12:12   #2

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
You probably need to look much closer with the soapy water particurlarly along the seams and under any reinforcing flaps or joining pieces.

If it is going down then air is getting out somewhere! Either the valve or a pinhole or fault in a seam.

If you have not used it yet presuming it is new? The retailer will be responsible for it.
Old 11 July 2014, 16:05   #3

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
I would recommend taking a really good hard look at the valve. Wiggle it and keep checking it with soapy water.

If it is under warranty I would also call the seller and let them know the situation, before using the boat.
Old 11 July 2014, 21:23   #4

Town: kent
Boat name: SIBotage
Make: Prowave
Engine: 15hp Johnson 2 smoke
I'd agree it's probably the valve. I have a Prowave SIB which is identical to yours and I'd imagine made in the same factory. I had one of my valves work loose not long after purchase. The tool was sent out free of charge to tighten them, tightened and problem solved. Get on to the seller if it's still under warranty.
Old 12 July 2014, 12:31   #5

Town: Margate
Make: Between Boats
Length: no boat
Thanks for the replies

I bought the boat from someone who never used it so unfortunately I can't go back to the retailer but you have given me an idea, I will switch the valves to see if the other side is affected, if it is and the port side stays up then it is the valve,
I will keep you posted
Old 12 July 2014, 13:51   #6

Town: NorCal
Boat name: SHARKY
Make: AB
Engine: Honda BF75 & BF5
I wouldn't recommend doing that until you check once more for a leak at the current valve in the location it is in. Reason being, is that a confirmation of the leak location is nice to have. Then a confirmation of the repair once performed. It could just be the o-ring is not seating correctly.
Old 12 July 2014, 14:01   #7
RIBnet Supporter

The guys are right - find the leak first and then fix it. It doesn't take much loss to create the effect you are seeing. Use a 25/75 washup liquid/water mix and paint/spray it on in sections. Look for small "fizzy" leaks that might appear as a patch of micro bubbles and the more obvious large bubbles. Try to coat the valves well and test - you might even manage to cup a bit of water around them and observe...
Old 13 July 2014, 09:00   #8

Town: Berks
Boat name: zaros
Make: hondawave
Engine: 20 hp
Leak - am I being stupid

If its the valves or are looking for the leak inside is there any reason why you can not blow the boat up to pressure and fill it with a hose till the floor and valves are covered, it would be easy to see any leaks.
I would check the ground for sharp objects because of the weight of water.