Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
you can get manuals through the dealer ive been told today

I bought mine legit via a dealer. Not cheap mind.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2019, 11:56   #62

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
I bought mine legit via a dealer. Not cheap mind.
How much Dave

I got a disc off eBay for my 90 for 6 a few years back

Old 23 May 2019, 07:55   #63

Town: Newport
Make: Ribeye TS370
Engine: Suzuki DF20AES
Hi Folks, back to the forum after a break. Thanks to Fenlander for the servicing info. Great collation of part numbers etc. MY DF20 is 3 (nearly 4 years old now and has only had 2 services - the post run in and one other at a year old. It now has around 25 hrs on it and owing to it's age more than hours I'm going to give it an oil service and a check over. As I said back then, I'm going DIY at this stage of it's life.
I've recently bought a diagnostics interface and the parts to break into the ECU wiring to help me diagnose any issues that lay ahead. The parts cost me 20 and a bit of time and thought versus 200 from Suzuki.

I believe that my break out cable will allow me to supply the ECU with power for non start faults, though I note fenlander had access to info on powering the ECU via other means. If you could tell em more Id be grateful. I know Suzuki make an ECU power cable for 29 but I think you may be able to splice power into two of the pins on the diagnostics connector?
Anyhow, nothing bad to post this time. I'll let you know how my cable works out - I bought enough parts to make 2 if it's successful and anyone is interested..

Cheers for now,

Dave
Old 23 May 2019, 11:37   #64

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yamaha 15Hp 2-stroke
Sadly the pin for 12v volts was shown in a diagram attached to an Ebay message from the guy who sold me the lead... and that has long gone from my emails.

Obviously need to be very careful where you introduce the 12v but is it something like a case that there are three pins on the OB plug but only two on the diagnostic lead... so maybe the extra one on the OB plug.....
Old 23 May 2019, 14:40   #65

Ok thanks for that. Strangely on the Non-electric start model it appears that unrectified AC power from an ECU power coil on the flywheel goes straight to the ECU where one assumes it is rectified internally? On the Electric start version there is an external rectifier / regulator that supplies DC to the ECU. once the flywheel is turning. In both cases this is to a different pin to the connectors that are associated with the diagnostics cable. I'll have a careful play but think that with my breakout cable I can apply 12v to any of these to power the ECU. I'll run the motor and see what's on the relative pins before injecting anything!

Connectors turned up from the states today so project on soon.

Cheers

Dave
Old 31 May 2019, 14:23   #66

In an effort to ensure that my breakout cable has large enough wires for the high current lines I looked at the ECU connection and tried identifying each wire then looking at the manual to see its function. Not easy! some of them appear to have the same colours and are not easily seen. It would be so much easier if Suzuki had added pin numbers to the drawing. Don't suppose anyone has access to a better drawing that gives this detail. The manual layout is totally random compared to the actual connector - probably to make the layout easier to draw with less crosses.

Any help appreciated.

Dave
Old 31 May 2019, 14:58   #67

Dave the drawings on the service manual for my 25 are pretty crap not sure if the workshop manual is better. Have you tried google images ?
Old 31 May 2019, 15:23   #68

Hi Jeff thanks for that. I found google to be deficient in anything for it however I did find better info on page 62 - 64 of the manual. Couldn't see for looking!
Only worry is that the wire colours don't appear to match mine but I think the actual pin assignments are unlikely to have changed so I'll tread carefully around that detail.

Surprising to see that the ECU differs between the Manual and electric start models so not only are the 15 and 20HP ECU's different from a programming perspective, but they carry different units depending upon the starter method. You'd think that they'd standardise to reduce spares costs.

Cheers

Dave
Old 31 May 2019, 15:32   #69

you could try Suzuki technical to solve the wiring colours before attempting worth a shot good luck

Tags
suzuki