Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 June 2007, 12:29   #11
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by joakimhansson View Post
Do that and use a open bow and jockeyseats.... I saw your Bananashark, the video from red sea rally 2006. It was maybe little or much to light for that sea condition, but you made a good job, im impressed. Are you planning to compete red sea rally this year to? Who is the designer of the Banana Shark Hull?

About the first question.

1. What do you have, boat and engine that did 60 knots or close to?
2. What do you need to come to 60knots, in your rib?

6,5-8,0m rib...

I saw in Ribmagazine that a Goldfish make 59knots with 315 yanmar and bravo one.
We would have liked to do the Red Sea event, but we still have some issues to resolve with the organizers.

Our hull with a Verado 250 does 64 mph which is a little under 60 knots - a 275 or 300 would be no problem. If we did an open hull version with jockey seats and a console it would be lighter so a 250 Verado would probably be enough and a 275 may even be a 70 MPH boat, it certainly would with a 300!

We would fit a diesel if required - as you know surface drives are more reliable with higher diesel output engines - it is the customers choice!
__________________

__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2007, 15:41   #12
Member
 
Country: Sweden
Town: Stockholm
Make: KR7
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 150 H.O
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
We would have liked to do the Red Sea event, but we still have some issues to resolve with the organizers.

Our hull with a Verado 250 does 64 mph which is a little under 60 knots - a 275 or 300 would be no problem. If we did an open hull version with jockey seats and a console it would be lighter so a 250 Verado would probably be enough and a 275 may even be a 70 MPH boat, it certainly would with a 300!

We would fit a diesel if required - as you know surface drives are more reliable with higher diesel output engines - it is the customers choice!

Go to red sea rally with a yanmar 440 and surface drives... and you are a winner... If you take me as a driver Or a co driver...
That hull looks so good in heavy sea..even as a light boat.
__________________

__________________
joakimhansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2007, 07:07   #13
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by joakimhansson View Post
Go to red sea rally with a yanmar 440 and surface drives... and you are a winner... If you take me as a driver Or a co driver...
That hull looks so good in heavy sea..even as a light boat.
The hull was designed and built to compete in the UIM and UK Class III 2 litre sries, and it frequently beats the batboats in the rough, but needs a bit more speed in the flat - with an XS200 we have seen speeds of 76 mph, although in race conditions the usual maximum is 73 mph. The conditions seen in the Red Sea were not what anyone expected, and if we hadn't had problems with the Mercury bits breaking we might have had a better result!

I will be happy to build you a boat with a Yanmar and a surface drive - shall I send you an order form?
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2007, 14:15   #14
Member
 
Country: Sweden
Town: Stockholm
Make: KR7
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude 150 H.O
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 735
Send me some drawings first. I would like to see my boat before any sign


Over 60 knots.
space for 5 persons.
Yanmar/Volvo Diesel.
Surface if thats better choise.
Bolster/Ullman or lookalike chair.
Open bow.
Price?
__________________
joakimhansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2007, 14:35   #15
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Length: 6m +
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,082
Go on mate. A 770 with a big diesel would be a special boat.
__________________

__________________
simmons0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.