Old 23 January 2003, 15:10   #41

Make: FB 55
Length: 10m +
Excellent Dom, look forward to meeting you. I think its about time you gave Jason a call in Gsy and ordered yourself a Prosport Rib
Old 23 January 2003, 18:09   #42

Town: St Martins
Boat name: MATRIX
Make: Jeanneau Leader 805
Length: 8.05
Engine: Volvo KAD 43 Diesel
Prosport

Have already been speaking to Jason, would love to have a RIB for the fun factor but we spend weekends away living aboard and cruising France oh and popping over to Jersey to pick up my Soltron supplies.

Dom
Old 23 January 2003, 19:40   #43
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Dom

"Living aboard and cruising France" sounds good! What sort of boat have you got?

John
Old 23 January 2003, 20:10   #44

Jeanneau Leader 805

Hi John

long time no speak. Many thanks for all your help with putting Soltron on to the Spirit of Cardiff web site.

I have a Jeanneau Leader 805 26 foot sportscruiser with all facilities double gas burner, microwave, hot and cold water,shower, toilet, ice box sleeps 4 and does 36knots.

nice for me the wife and my 3yrold boy.

Dom
Old 24 January 2003, 19:57   #45

The Facts

The BIBOA calendar is very confusing to say the least. To get to the point, there is only one Herm/Channel Island Camping Cruise, and that is the one I am organising. The dates are set for 29,30,31 August 2003. The other camping trip is something Gary Tickner is arranging for the Scouts- the reason it is in the calendar is for the fact that he would like BIBOA members to attend, if possible, so that the Scouts can have a burn-around in the ribs.
Now, there is one hotel in Herm, very posh and expensive (The White House Hotel). There are also apartments to rent. The hotel and apartments fill up very quickly for the Summer(it may be too late already), but our trip is to be a camping one if possible. There are lovely established tents with mattresses, cutlery, brooms, dust-pans and, oops, no maids!! I envisage booking most of these and then also camp-sites for people to erect their own tents, if that's what they want to do. We will BBQ most evenings, drink lotsa beer and wine and generally get to know each other.

Sounds good to me
Old 24 January 2003, 23:25   #46

Herm

I used to go to Herm camping every Summer seriously it is good clean and well organised and camp fires in the evening after the pub are good family fun, clean beaches clear waters and fresh air what more can you ask Herm is a paradise in the C I.

Dom
Old 25 January 2003, 15:40   #47

Town: St Mawes
Boat name: Magellan Zulu
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Suzuki DF150
MMSI: 235094135
Re: The Facts

Quote:
Originally posted by Charles
The BIBOA calendar is very confusing to say the least...The dates are set for 29,30,31 August 2003. The other camping trip is something Gary Tickner is arranging for the Scouts...
Aaah, that explains it then! What that now means is that there is nothing happening in July other than Julian's D'eauville bash. As that's at the beginning of the month and Keith's Orkney run is in the second half of August I have a blank calendar for almost a whole month in between.

Have I missed any other cruises? If not, perhaps this would be a good time to reschedule the Ireland expedition, Brian. That's if I'm not the only one who would struggle with fitting it in between the Plymouth meetings on 10/11 May and 24/25 May.
Old 25 January 2003, 15:46   #48

Town: St Mawes
Boat name: Magellan Zulu
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Suzuki DF150
MMSI: 235094135
Ooops, just spotted that Julian has changed the dates of the Deauville do. Nonetheless, there's still almost a month between that and Scotland, I guess.
Old 25 January 2003, 15:53   #49

Keep up Mike.......
Old 26 January 2003, 10:50   #50

Town: Shropshire
Boat name: She's Gorn!
Make: No boat
Length: no boat
Engine: Nada
Ok Charles,
I've done it! I've convinced the missus that she really will enjoy having her fillings shaken out for 4 hours then spending two nights under canvas. However it's cost me a weeks holiday in September in Granada, but ,hey!!
So, count us in!!
We'd like a ready erected jobbie if possible please, as we have little gear of our own. Can't give you the exact numbers as yet. The kids are of that age where the're not sure if they want to come so, for the moment our party will be 2-4 (adult sized) people. Hope thats enough for now.
Cheers
David
Old 26 January 2003, 14:21   #51

Nice going David........a trip to Granada sounds pretty damned cool to me. Try and persuade the kids as there is a lot to do and see. How old are they? Ours are 8,10,12 and always have a ball.
The camping is actually pretty civilised, and no, you don't have to bring two sticks along to ignite the fire!

PS You only live once
Old 27 January 2003, 08:22   #52

Charles,

Our two are growing up fast. I suppose "kids" is the wrong word to use these days. My lad is 18 and my daughter is 16 next month. Both have weekend jobs and it's difficult to know whether the'll be able to get time off (or can afford to give up the cash!). We'll let you know nearer the time. Please let us know when you need firm numbers.

David
Old 27 January 2003, 08:46   #53

Sincerely hope your 'KIDS' are not reading this thread - they will hang you out to dry! I will keep you posted.
Old 27 January 2003, 12:11   #54

I know there's six months to go but...can Julian or anyboby else in the Solent area suggest where I could launch/store car & trailer for 3 days/recover. If you're intending to set off VERY early on the Friday, I'll also need a B&B or similar for the Thursday night. Any ideas?? Anyone else trailing to the area and staying overnight?

David
Old 27 January 2003, 12:27   #55

Town: Bristol
Make: none
Hi Clarky

I would like to have gone from exmouth / brixham area but being my first time across the channel want to do it in company. I belive Brian and Mike will be making thier way back from the great Orkney trip so may not be around to go across.

Thus I'm thinking of alternativley launching at Lymington and likewise because of the proposed early start would travel down and stay in B&B or simalar on the night before we depart for the Channel Islands.

Martin
mstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2003, 12:50   #56

A good B&B in Lymingtom, sort of across the road from Haven Quay is The Bosun's Chair.
Old 27 January 2003, 13:17   #57

Town: Newfoundland
David,

I suspect trailer parking would be the issue with launching at Lymington. Julian's the local so he can help I'm sure. One option would be to launch at the public slip and try and arrange trailer parking at Lymington Yacht Haven? What did you do for the Weymouth cruise?

Other alternative launch site that I usually use is Calshot Activities Centre. Lots of room for trailer parking and launching and I'm sure they would allow you to keep the trailer there for the weekend. You might even be able to sort out accomodation on site for the Thurs night.

HTH,
Alan
Old 27 January 2003, 15:31   #58

Town: West Sussex
If this is of any help when we went off on the St.Malo cruise I parked my Freelander and trailer over the weekend at the Lymington Yacht Haven. Very nice people and only wanted a fiver put into their charity box. When you get there head for the reception.

Andre
Old 27 January 2003, 17:34   #59

Andre, I think its time you made that call to Poland and rounded up some of your friends and colleagues to come on this trip
Old 27 January 2003, 17:50   #60

Alan,
For the Weymouth trip I launched at Lymington and left the car and trailer in the public car park. However, it was only a 24hr stay so I just fed the meter. This longer stay will more of a problem so the Yacht Haven seems like a good plan.

Martin,
How about the Bosuns Chair and the Yacht Haven in Lyminton then?

Dave