Old 10 January 2004, 08:06   #201

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Re: Look at me I am the Party Pooper

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Wave
Well Manos if you are happy to have a hull that is made the way yours is then who am I to winge.
Well I AM VERY HAPPY ACTUALLY Stuart. The reasons:

1. The boat has Stunning looks
2. It costs less than half of any UK or even European built equivalent
3. Has great sea keeping abilities and capabilities!!
4. Is a very strong construction since it can withstand the panishing of the SAfrican seas (actually one of the UK's very long established boat builders saw the boat while I had it in the UK had with him for 3 weeks, examined everything and found nothing wrong with it not even the wiring!! I'll ask him if he want me to mention his name if he agrees I will do!!)
5. I had the boat now for 2 years and had put it through some rough weather. The boat never developed any problem WHAT SO EVER!!
6. Re wiring saying that some of the wires needed changing, never said that they didn't work. All electrics on the boat work just fine to date. However, have spoken about it with Pieter sometime ago and he said he was looking into it and making the appropriate changes.

Stuart you can slag the boat off as long as you like mate but the boat is BRILLIANT whatever you say and I stand by it 1000000%![B]
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2004, 10:14   #202

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Quote:
Originally posted by jwalker
Cookee, how do you manage to prevent delamination under stress, especially impact, when you have non-hairy cloth on cloth? Apologies if that sounds a bit cheeky but it's not intended to be. Just a serious enquiry.
JW,
'Combi mat' that John says they use, is woven with a layer of chopped bound to one side, produced to speed the laminating process up, so you don't have to cut and roll in two seperate layers.
So he does have 'fluffy bits' interfacing woven.
Old 10 January 2004, 14:30   #203

Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
This how it all starts

and then you are hooked on RIBs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	copy 2 of start.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	3958  
Old 10 January 2004, 14:36   #204

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Fuller

'Combi mat' that John says they use, is woven with a layer of chopped bound to one side,
Cheers Jon. I guessed that might be the case. Is the csm woven in to some extent or just attached by binder?
Old 10 January 2004, 16:20   #205

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Engine: GM Diesels
it's attached by binder.
Old 10 January 2004, 22:26   #206
Ian

Town: Morfa Nefyn, Gwynedd
Boat name: Black Jack
Make: Pro Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250hp 4/
Re: Look at me I am the Party Pooper

Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Wave
It is plainly obvious that what you can't see in a finished boat is something you can't inspect, So how difficult would it be and what would your attitudes be towards providing a CD of digipics detailing the actual construction of each boat i.e. inside of the Hull, wiring looms, waterproofing seat fixings etc etc.

Regards
Stuart
I asked this question to Pro Sport and that is exactly what they are doing, except they are e-mailing photo's to me during the production stages that way if anything looks odd I can question it before it's covered by the next build stage.

You only have to ask.
Old 11 January 2004, 14:30   #207

Town: Fairfield
Make: Falcon And Aquarius
Length: 7 and 4.1
Engine: Yamaha Pro-V 2.6 trp and Mod 50
Send a message via AIM to berg969
here are some pics

with the old engine
berg969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2004, 14:34   #208

here is the pic
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	falcon.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	3965  
Old 11 January 2004, 14:35   #209

with the new engine

hopefull it will hvae the hydraulic jackplate on by next weekand a bit of a paint job
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	falcon 2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	3966  
Old 11 January 2004, 18:35   #210

WOW Nice boat

Looks like this one but with different engine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	032.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	3967  
Old 11 January 2004, 18:39   #211

...and since we are on the subject can I fit this twin prop set on my YAMAHA VMax 200 (2-stroke not the HPDI) or do I have to change the bottom part of the leg completely?

Whatever the answer what is the part number/s and what is the purchasing cost please??
Old 11 January 2004, 19:28   #212

as long as you have a 20 inch motor it bolts right on
i got mine used with a set of 27 pitch props for about $2000 a new one is about $4,500
65N-45300-01-NA is the part number
65N-45941-00-00
65N-45943-00-00 for the 25's
65N-45945-00-00
65N-45947-00-00 for the 27's

http://www.boats.net/parts/yamaha.html is a good site for good prices
Old 11 January 2004, 19:53   #213

MANY THANKS EVAN!!
Old 11 January 2004, 22:40   #214

Town: Devon. uk
Boat name: bananashark
Make: me
Length: 7m +
Engine: opti 225
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Fuller
it's attached by binder.
Nope it's stiched with light glass strands, classed as z axis.
binder as such is only used in csm.
Old 11 January 2004, 23:33   #215

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Re: Re: Look at me I am the Party Pooper

Quote:
Originally posted by Manos
[B]Well I AM VERY HAPPY ACTUALLY Stuart. The reasons:

1. The boat has Stunning looks
2. It costs less than half of any UK or even European built equivalent
3. Has great sea keeping abilities and capabilities!!
4. Is a very strong construction since it can withstand the panishing of the SAfrican seas (actually one of the UK's very long established boat builders saw the boat while I had it in the UK had with him for 3 weeks, examined everything and found nothing wrong with it not even the wiring!! I'll ask him if he want me to mention his name if he agrees I will do!!)
5. I had the boat now for 2 years and had put it through some rough weather. The boat never developed any problem WHAT SO EVER!!
6. Re wiring saying that some of the wires needed changing, never said that they didn't work. All electrics on the boat work just fine to date. However, have spoken about it with Pieter sometime ago and he said he was looking into it and making the appropriate changes.

Stuart you can slag the boat off as long as you like mate but the boat is BRILLIANT whatever you say and I stand by it 1000000%!

Well Manos we are finally agreed on something , yes I think your boat is very pretty and I am sure it is good in the sea. My concerns have never been about the appearance or deign, but more to do with care and craftsmanship. So if I agree with you on points 1.3 and 5 then I can take issue with the rest of your comments.

2 Good Value. Nobody on this Forum or Boatmad has offered more and delivered less than yourself in terms of supplying goods from South Africa or for that matter America.

Your claims that the Falcon costs less than half of any European
equivalent is quite frankly Bullshit. You can buy a 7.5 mtr Pro sport with a 225 Opti for £19995 and that's delivered to Southampton......are you seriously telling us that a similar Falcon 7.5 m with an Opti or a HPDI is less than 9997.50 delivered.

4 Strong construction, yes I accept that It's the quality of the construction that concerns me

6 Wiring, My understanding was that your commnts were a little different so heres the link, also a link from Chrissalse re his wiring.

The cabling on your boat should not use domestic grade cables full stop. It corrodes far to quiclkly. In a go anywhere, take on any sea type of boat you really don't want to have an electical failure, surely we must agree on that?

I don't know how to crosslink threads so I've copies yours Comments re your wiring Manos from Boatmad

Start of Quote

" Hi Lightweight!

I am not a technical man so I will tell you what I can remember

1. Heavy duty Marine Grade Wire: Is a type of wire that ranges from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 thick (what ever tha means) and is made of some short of material that is not affected by salt deposits and marine environment. - PS Just forgot the wire used on the boat has been described as normal light wire for domestic and not for marine use.

2. Wire connections: were connected by warm tape (what ever that is) and they should have proper marine grade connections (sockets/plugs) instead.

3. Wires that run from the spot lights to the main console are not fit to carry the power load and if I operate the spot lights for any length of time they might melt!

4. Wires that run from the 2 lighter sockets are not able to carry heavy power loads i.e an extra spot light 100000 kandles or electric inflation pump etc.

5. Fuse box should have been separate to the swiches.

6. Although I like the swiches and the LED lights (they are made in Italy I think and are of good quality) the swich box will need changing as the LED connection (six swiches - GREEN FOR ON/RED FOR OFF only 3 LED lights work after of total 4 months in the water). The LED lights cannot be repaired as their bases and the LEDs are corroaded by the salt environment - I keep the boat on the water for 2 months (approx) every year.

I've got a list of things but I do not have it with me. Is in Greece. When I get there will get it translate it and let you know exactly.

Hope that this makes some sence

However, as I said all in all the boat is fine. And it has performed suburbly for the two years I have it. This year in 30 days I did 80 hours on it in the Aegean (force 1 to 7) without ANY problem what so ever." end of Quote

This isn't an attack on your boat per se but your constant marketing of the Falcon range through the Forums. Frankly I am still iritated by the fact that you come on to these forums and state categorically that these boats are the best quality around when clearly they are not. If they are Cheap and cheerful then say so and lets move on. But for goodness sake let's get some accuracy and consistency in your comments.
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2004, 06:40   #216

@ Stuart

In my (not expert opinion) as long as is strong and does what it suppose to do the rest don't mater Stu

The boats did cost me with a trailer 200VMax Yam Brand new, GAMRMIN GPS/Map Sounder, ICOM VHF/DSC and all that gear as shown on the photo attached and a boat cover, 2 anchors, chains, ropes for £12,750 inc transport and VAT. The rand was about week then about 16 to a pound (now 12 I think).

PS Upssssss forgot the3 JVC stereo and the speakers!!

Re the wiring what this guy says when he did the wiring inspection in Greece was that he not happy with the wiring of the boat for those reasons. Chris said the same thing more or less. NOT THAT what electrics we have on do not work properly. But that it could be a bit better.

QUOTE However, as I said all in all the boat is fine. And it has performed suburbly for the two years I have it. This year in 30 days I did 80 hours on it in the Aegean (force 1 to 7) without ANY problem what so ever." UNQUOTE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	consol.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	3969  
Old 12 January 2004, 12:29   #217

Town: Copenhagen
Boat name: Nemesis
Make: CAPE 79
Engine: Suzuki 250 4 stroke
Send a message via AIM to Rene Send a message via MSN to Rene
Hi Manos

Just a quick question.

As far as I can see the GPS is a Garmin 182 BW or Color, dosn't matter.

Is the GPS antenna located on the left of you console, better than the built in gps antenna, that you can mount on the back side of the 182 ?

I'm getting a 182 Garmin, and I havee the options of getting it with the built in antenna or an external

Regards
Rene

PS. Nice console
Old 12 January 2004, 12:34   #218

Hi Renne,

You are correct.

The GPS is a BW 185 and the antenna is located on the left of the console, the radio/cassette antenna inside the console and the VHF antenna on the right.

The thinking behind this is that you have quick access to all antennas in case you need to make emergency repairs.

PS Thanks. There is a compass on it now also (Air Guide I think the make is).
Old 12 January 2004, 15:13   #219

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Quote:
in case you need to make emergency repairs.
hmm, with a Swiss Army knife whilst you are bouncing around in mid channel no doubt. Pleeeease !

Have you seen inside one of these things ? I took an old Lowrance one apart (with the Swiss Army knife then put it back together and sent it off for repair as I should have done in the first place).

Pete
Old 12 January 2004, 15:16   #220

Pete I'm talking about dismasted aerials nothing else.
If is ontop of the AFrame you will lose it. If is near or on the the console is more likely to stay in the boat.