Old 09 March 2022, 21:30   #1

Town: Nottinghamshire
Boat name: Wakey
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 75 2 stroke
Tornado rides again.

For those that are interested in my Tornado restoration or if you have read some of my posts procrastinating about what i want to do with the old girl, you will be pleased to learn that I spoke with James at Rib retube uk ( XS Ribs/formally Tornado) and he is putting me a price together and hopefully I will get her sponsons fitted in May. I got a price last year around this time and have been saving to get the job done but unfortunately the price has gone up so i felt like I was chasing my tale.
Having posed the question....what fabric to use? I have decided to stick with the original PU and not Orca Hypalon...the welded seems won out.
My Hull is orange and has orange sponsons but I think I would like to go for a medium grey with black wear patches and keeping the hull orange but vinyl wrapping the console in gloss black and new inspection hatch door on the front ...i need to make a bench seat (I have a neat idea about the backrest...more later) I'm not sure about the deck...I was thinking grey flexiteek type material but honest I'm open to ideas.
I will pop a few pictures of her in her current state and i will leave it to you to throw your idea's in the hat...colour combination materials, useful extras to be glued to the sponsons.
The whole idea is to keep my 5m Tornado looking old school yet bring her up to date too...like a classic car with modern running gear.
To be honest the easier and probably cheaper solution in the long run would be to buy something newer but there is something about this boat that makes me want to save her...the hull feels super sturdy (unlike most new ribs)...and that's a good place to start.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_163837.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	139992   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_163821.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	233.0 KB
ID:	139993   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201017_164656.jpg
Views:	85