Old 16 September 2003, 22:02   #1

Town: london
Make: avon a400
Length: 4m
Engine: 40 hp outboard
southend

i got my new boat and want to get it in the water and thought things where going well untill one of my frends started to scare me about getting stuck out and not being able to pull the boat back up the slip or even get it on the trailer looked on a marine chart and the lowest water is about .8 from datum and the low tide for the day in question is 1.7 and the ht is 4.6 and is at 8pm i would like to get in the water and back out buy the time the sun set at 7 when is the earlest time i can get in the water at south point suberyness ive seen the slip it looks ok and the car park looks great place to park any help or hazards any body from that area can help me with
Old 17 September 2003, 05:59   #2

Town: Hilton-of-Cadboll
Length: no boat
Hi Ollie,

Blimey I'm out of breath reading that.

Here are some full stops for you to use next time .................................................. ....................

Keith ((((oh, and a few brackets too) Hart
Old 17 September 2003, 10:07   #3

Town: Wickford, Essex
Boat name: Seahorse V
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4
Engine: Mercury 50HP
I launch at Shoeburyness. It is a place called Ness Road slipway. There is a massive car park right next door.

You are fine to launch from about 2.5 hours before high tide and make sure you are out before about 2 hours afterwards ( I recover before 1 hour afterwards ).

It is not an easy slipway. The bottom of the slipway is completely sand. You will be able to launch fine but when you go to recover it can be a pain getting the trailer out.

I bought an Electric Winch for the purpose of doing this. If the slipway you mention is this one then you need to take your insurance certificate with you and it is £10 to launch. It is run by Thrope Bay Marine and staff from the marina are there from about 2-3 hours before high tide and about an hour afterwards. They will take your money and check your insurance documents.

They are really great guys and will help you launch and recover.
Old 27 September 2003, 21:37   #4

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Ah Ah

Wonderful Place